Anyone order from SST's webstore recently?

Anyone order from SST's webstore recently?

Postby patient_ot » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:33 pm

If so, how reliable are they? I was thinking of doing an order next month, but have never bought anything from them.
patient_ot

Re: Anyone order from SST's webstore recently?

Postby FormerLurker » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:53 pm

LOL, no.
FormerLurker

Postby aquaman » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:09 pm

If you place the order be prepared for a crapload of free Greg Ginn related projects material...stickers, CD etc.

My friend ordered something a couple of years back and got 3 CDs and a bunch of stickers.
aquaman

Postby gregpolard » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:01 pm

I have actually, after not doing so for near 20 years. I had a negative yet turns to positive experience w/ them. Enough so that I ordered again.

I could type a huge long explanation but I'll leave it at this: make sure you order the right thing and don't try to change it after hitting submit, or it's a pain. They're one of the fastest shippers I've ever dealt with.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:27 pm

got some cds after they moved to texas, i guess it was 5 years ago. they sent me a family man cd by accident and sent me the correct order right away and told me to keep the cd. they were pretty easy to deal with.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby tad ghostal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:47 am

Last time I ordered from them (which was, I think, in 2011) I got the CD I ordered plus 2008 SST Sampler (which was all Ginn projects), but none of the additional CDs they used to throw in orders. Maybe they've finally run out of all the overstock they used to give away.
tad ghostal

Postby MXV » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:39 am

They will never answer email questions. Ever. That aside they actually ship orders out very quickly. One time they sent me the wrong record and that was the only time they responded to an email I sent them and they corrected the mistake very quickly.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 am

MXV wrote:They will never answer email questions. Ever. That aside they actually ship orders out very quickly. One time they sent me the wrong record and that was the only time they responded to an email I sent them and they corrected the mistake very quickly.

That's what happened to me. I ordered the wrong size by mistake and noticed quickly. NO reply. After sending me the wrong shirt TWICE, I emailed and said something like "for the love of GOD please contact me". I got a call 10 minutes later. They sent me the right size shirt, and an ALL hat. And a bunch of stickers.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby tad ghostal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:25 am

MXV wrote:They will never answer email questions. Ever. That aside they actually ship orders out very quickly. One time they sent me the wrong record and that was the only time they responded to an email I sent them and they corrected the mistake very quickly.

A long time ago, some guy was writing a blog post about Robo and he emailed SST for some info. Their reply was something like "This email is for questions about merchandise from SST, not long-lost members of Black Flag".
tad ghostal

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:26 am

LOL @ everyone using the pronoun "they."
FormerLurker

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 am

FormerLurker wrote:LOL @ everyone using the pronoun "they."

What are we supposed to say?
gregpolard

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:34 am

gregpolard wrote:

"He"
FormerLurker

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:35 am

FormerLurker wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

"He"

Really? Cause when I got a phone call from them re: my order, it wasn't Greg Ginn that called. And the order was shipped out while he was on tour with "Black Flag". So I think there's more than one person there doing stuff.
gregpolard

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:41 am

I stand by my answer, kind sir.
FormerLurker

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:58 am

FormerLurker wrote:I stand by my answer, kind sir.

I wish it was Greg that called, though. If he was stoned enough I could've probably convinced him that I ordered way more than I did.
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:08 am

yeah, i forget his name, jose something. def at least one guy working there. i imagine they still do enough business to have at least two guys filling all of the orders.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby tad ghostal » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:43 am

gregpolard wrote:
FormerLurker wrote:I stand by my answer, kind sir.

I wish it was Greg that called, though. If he was stoned enough I could've probably convinced him that I ordered way more than I did.

I talked to him a few times on the phone because they once double-shipped and double charged me for an order and even though I returned the 2nd order right away, it took them like 8 months to refund me. He was nice enough and he sent me an SST shirt.
tad ghostal

Postby Gary » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:11 am

I tried to order from them maybe a year or so ago. There was no option for postage to Ireland so didn't risk it.
Gary

Postby john stabb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:36 am

None of you asked if they distribute the WM3 benefit album or any of FLAG's catalog :?: Just ask for Greg. ;)
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby gregpolard » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:49 pm

john stabb wrote:None of you asked if they distribute the WM3 benefit album or any of FLAG's catalog :?: Just ask for Greg. ;)

Was going to ask when those remasters are coming out....
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:16 pm

If Geg ever fielded any of your calls, you'd know. Trust me, you'd know.
Chris Shary

Return to daghouse