The Evens

The Evens

Postby creature » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:58 pm

creature

Re: The Evens

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:13 am

Saw them last night in Sacramento and the good news/bad news was that it was super sparsely populated. They played at 8 (which was great for me because it was a school night), but I'd say maybe 60 people were there. Great for intimacey, but kinda bummy for a tour band. Still the size did not stop Ian and Amy from kicking out the jams. Kevin Seconds helped set up the show and Ian began the evening thanking Kevin for getting him shows over the past 32 years. He reminised about Minor Threat playing a backyard in Sacramento back in 81 where there was a clown (?) and the cops drove by almost immediately, convincing the band to play an almost accapella show. I just loved it. They played almost all of the Odds album, and a handful of other tunes in just over an hour, which seemed to totally fly by. I gave Ian and Amy a copy of one of the Sharpie sketches I did of Ian form earlier this year. He was very amused by it. Make time to see them if they come close to you. Nothing like thought provoking music by people who know what they are talking about.
Chris Shary

Return to daghouse