Dag in New Jersey

Dag in New Jersey

Postby scannest » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 pm

As far as I can tell tickets are not yet on sale.

"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Re: Dag in New Jersey

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Mark me down as "interested" :)

Should be cool. Had no idea "The First Still Burns" existed. Saw them a couple times years ago. I remember they did a cool cover of "All Ages Show"
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby BAIN » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 pm

TICKETS ARE ON SALE!!!

See you there for my first ever Dag show with my favorite lineup!!!

https://www.ticketfly.com/event/1630621 ... y-garwood/
BAIN

Postby scannest » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:03 pm

BAIN wrote:TICKETS ARE ON SALE!!!

Thanks for the link! I bought my ticket.
On a related note, the Descendents are also playing Joisey in March - a beer festival in Atlantic City (Greg must be losing sleep over this one).
scannest

Postby BAIN » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:25 pm

get your tickets now.

the opener alone can pack the place.
BAIN

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:24 pm

scannest wrote:
BAIN wrote:TICKETS ARE ON SALE!!!

Thanks for the link! I bought my ticket.
On a related note, the Descendents are also playing Joisey in March - a beer festival in Atlantic City (Greg must be losing sleep over this one).

hahah I saw that. AC Beerfest.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Hal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:53 pm

This is tempting. What can you guys tell me about this venue?
Hal

Postby Marc M » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:12 pm

Hal wrote:This is tempting. What can you guys tell me about this venue?

Cool little bar. I saw Samiam and Popeye (Farside) there a few months ago. Maybe 200-250 capacity?
Marc M

Postby Hal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Marc M wrote:
Hal wrote:This is tempting. What can you guys tell me about this venue?

Cool little bar. I saw Samiam and Popeye (Farside) there a few months ago. Maybe 200-250 capacity?

Thanks. I'm intrigued.
Hal

Postby drew » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:56 am

Got my tix. See y’all there
drew

Postby JGJR » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:12 am

I'm intrigued as well. It looks like it's a short walk from a NJ Transit station. I've never been there before. Hmm...
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Beach Log » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:44 pm

JGJR wrote:I'm intrigued as well. It looks like it's a short walk from a NJ Transit station. I've never been there before. Hmm...

How short of a walk? I am far too busy for some leisurely stroll.
Beach Log

Postby JGJR » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:53 am

Beach Log wrote:
JGJR wrote:I'm intrigued as well. It looks like it's a short walk from a NJ Transit station. I've never been there before. Hmm...

How short of a walk? I am far too busy for some leisurely stroll.

Looks like a couple of blocks; I've never been there.
JGJR

Postby Beach Log » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Brown wing tips it is!
Beach Log

Postby scannest » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 pm

So now that they've sold out the suburban Jersey show they announce the Brooklyn show the night before.

Pfffft, as my man Reese would say.
scannest

Postby FlexMyHead » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:58 pm

scannest wrote:So now that they've sold out the suburban Jersey show they announce the Brooklyn show the night before.

Pretty sure they did that to get all the posers to go to Joisey show, so the cool kids can drink IPA's in Brooklyn!
FlexMyHead

Postby drew » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:10 pm

scannest wrote:So now that they've sold out the suburban Jersey show they announce the Brooklyn show the night before.

Pffft, indeed. I bought my tix to some place called GARWOOD, NJ. Garwood? Are you fucking kidding me? Now they are playing a ferry/train ride away at a place that is not only near about 100 great bars/restaurants but they have their own awesome Fried-Chicken joint right in the venue. And, live comedy downstairs. Last time I was there a 3-400lb. dude was doing stand-up in a speedo and I can never un-see that.......but I digress...
drew

Postby rawpowerNZ » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:36 am

Looking forward to a review for some of us who are on different continents.
rawpowerNZ

Postby BAIN » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:02 am

FlexMyHead wrote:

Pretty sure they did that to get all the posers to go to Joisey show, so the cool kids can drink IPA's in Brooklyn!

Baker is somewhat close to the venue at least in Jersey miles. He has been to the venue a few times to catch shows. Andy Diamond who books the punk shows there must of had a conversation with him about playing when meeting him at the House of Independents.

End of story.

proof of relation https://www.instagram.com/p/BYOdxnnAAZ0 ... dydiamond1
BAIN

Postby scannest » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:19 am

BAIN wrote:Baker is somewhat close to the venue at least in Jersey miles. He has been to the venue a few times to catch shows. Andy Diamond who books the punk shows there must of had a conversation with him about playing when meeting him at the House of Independents.

End of story.

proof of relation https://www.instagram.com/p/BYOdxnnAAZ0 ... dydiamond1

I'm not sure this required a subcommittee investigation, but thanks for the insight.
Regardless, they likely knew their weekend plans when they announced the Jersey show. If they had posted both shows at the same time I would have made a different choice. Or maybe not - I hate that Brooklyn venue. And now I can get pizza on Staten Island on the way to Garwood.
So I guess it's all good.
scannest

Postby paul » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:05 pm

I'll be there
paul

Postby JGJR » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:07 pm

Glad I didn't buy tickets for the NJ show yet is what I say.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:07 pm

paul wrote:I'll be there

I smell Gerunds reunion!
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Didn’t know it sold out but I’m going to Richmond the following weekend so I’ll have to pass on this. (No one cares) haha
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:55 am

gregpolard wrote:Didn’t know it sold out but I’m going to Richmond the following weekend so I’ll have to pass on this. (No one cares) haha

No, I understand Greg. You're going away the weekend after the shows which means you can't go to the shows. Makes perfect sense.

:roll:
scannest

Postby captain2man » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:39 am

You sure the NJ show is sold out?

I just bought a ticket this morning no problem.
captain2man

Postby scannest » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 am

captain2man wrote:You sure the NJ show is sold out? I just bought a ticket this morning no problem.

I was told it was, but I guess that was wrong. I don't know what to believe anymore!!
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:49 am

scannest wrote:
captain2man wrote:You sure the NJ show is sold out? I just bought a ticket this morning no problem.

I was told it was, but I guess that was wrong. I don't know what to believe anymore!!

Fake news. :D
JGJR

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Brooklyn show added 3/30. Tempted to travel but my band is playing the next night so probably won't work out. :(
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby gregpolard » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:29 pm

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Didn’t know it sold out but I’m going to Richmond the following weekend so I’ll have to pass on this. (No one cares) haha

No, I understand Greg. You're going away the weekend after the shows which means you can't go to the shows. Makes perfect sense.

:roll:

I work long hours all during the week so I like to spend time with my family on the weekend. If I'm already gone one weekend, I like to be home the surrounding ones. Richmond will actually be the first time I've been away that long since my oldest was born and he's almost 12. To each their own, but I just like to spend the time at home usually especially when I'm not home most nights due to work. Sorry if that makes me lame.
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:48 am

gregpolard wrote:I work long hours all during the week so I like to spend time with my family on the weekend. If I'm already gone one weekend, I like to be home the surrounding ones. Richmond will actually be the first time I've been away that long since my oldest was born and he's almost 12. To each their own, but I just like to spend the time at home usually especially when I'm not home most nights due to work. Sorry if that makes me lame.

You have officially taken the crown from JGJR with the most unnecessarily sincere response to a snarky joke in a long time.
Besides, you just said you were "going to Richmond." For all I knew you were taking your kids to Kings Dominion.
Listen, I'm sorry. I have enjoyed being a dick on the dagboard lately. I would never tease you on FB or Instagram or any other social media platform where our paths cross.
If that makes me lame I guess I'm just a big lame.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:15 am

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:I work long hours all during the week so I like to spend time with my family on the weekend. If I'm already gone one weekend, I like to be home the surrounding ones. Richmond will actually be the first time I've been away that long since my oldest was born and he's almost 12. To each their own, but I just like to spend the time at home usually especially when I'm not home most nights due to work. Sorry if that makes me lame.

You have officially taken the crown from JGJR with the most unnecessarily sincere response to a snarky joke in a long time.
Besides, you just said you were "going to Richmond." For all I knew you were taking your kids to Kings Dominion.
Listen, I'm sorry. I have enjoyed being a dick on the dagboard lately. I would never tease you on FB or Instagram or any other social media platform where our paths cross.

UGH! LOL that's a crown I don't want. My reply was also somewhat based on the fact that I was, once again, stuck late at the office and already in a bad mood. That said, I get it...your MO on here is to be snarky. Believe it or not, I have a good sense of humor, I was just caught at the wrong time. It's all good.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:45 am

scannest wrote:

I think the issue is that for a long time, I treated this board like I treat social media platforms and didn't really see the snark for what it is, just snark. Now I just roll with it. I hope I've gotten past it, learned to take a joke and all that. I'm working on it. Believe it or not, I'd like to think my sense of humor is pretty decent, too. So anyway, sorry if I took anything the wrong way in the past. It's (hopefully) Saul Goodman.
JGJR

Return to daghouse