Silver Screams Sells Soul

Silver Screams Sells Soul

Postby version sound » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Anyone live in the Boston area other than earthdog? If so, go rock. If not, bide your time until they finally come to your town (and maybe buy their excellent 12", if you haven't already).

“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Silver Screams Sells Soul

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Thanks VS! If you want to plan ahead here are our next couple:

http://www.songkick.com/artists/6900719-silver-screams

:arrow:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby earthdog70 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:53 am

Here is a really crappy review of our record. I understand if someone thinks we suck. But country influences? Can anyone tell me where those may be in our songs? :roll:

azorcake.org/silver-screams-defective-machines-12-ep/#more-38908

:cry:
earthdog70

Postby version sound » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:34 pm

earthdog70 wrote:Here is a really crappy review of our record. I understand if someone thinks we suck. But country influences? Can anyone tell me where those may be in our songs? :roll:

azorcake.org/silver-screams-defective-machines-12-ep/#more-38908

:cry:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that review misses the mark pretty badly. Country? Don't hear it. It's a damn good record and better than 95% of what they usually cover in Razorcake.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Thanks VS-I will get the check in the mail tomorrow :lol:

But seriously, that was my point. I have no issue with anyone thinking we blow big ape chunks. Just annoyed about the "country" comment, it feels like it didn't get repeated listens. Oh well :roll:
earthdog70

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:11 am

earthdog70 wrote:Thanks VS-I will get the check in the mail tomorrow :lol:

But seriously, that was my point. I have no issue with anyone thinking we blow big ape chunks. Just annoyed about the "country" comment, it feels like it didn't get repeated listens. Oh well :roll:

It sounds like they want to be "fair" by giving one of their writers a needlessly shitty review. The record is great. Funk dat noise.

Update: I read the review. He isn't wrong about edog's penchant for '80s glam, but I doubt he knew that going in. But yeah, the country comment was way off-base. I don't hear that at all. With that said, I've read some of the reviewers' other reviews both in Razorcake and seen his comments on FB in some groups and he generally seems pretty fair, but I don't know him.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby FlexMyHead » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:23 am

I grew up on MRR reviews, so it can always be much much worse. If anything, it's almost a non-review of your songs, and a review of the cover (part of the danger of putting on a cover I guess?). I'm at work and can't listen to the songs on bandcamp again, but I vaguely remember a slight more punky TSOL "Change Today" kinda guitar leads/lines at times? Maybe that is what he was thinking? I dunno. It's kinda strange that you write reviews for that zine and then get that review. Good thing people don't buy zines or buy music anyway! haha
FlexMyHead

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:22 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:I vaguely remember a slight more punky TSOL "Change Today" kinda guitar leads/lines at times? Maybe that is what he was thinking? I dunno. It's kinda strange that you write reviews for that zine and then get that review. Good thing people don't buy zines or buy music anyway! haha

That is way more accurate!
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks dudes! Flex your last comment about no one buying mags or record made me laugh. :mrgreen:
earthdog70

Return to daghouse