Hey Welly...

Hey Welly...

Postby SamDBL » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:04 am

Did you actually call me a 'roaster' at some point? God damn... British insults are really stupid. What shitty records did you buy this weekend?
SamDBL

Re: Hey Welly...

Postby FlexMyHead » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:54 am

It was a typo, he meant to call you a toaster. Can't get lower than calling somebody a toaster mate. As you were. FLX.

Read this today and thought about the other thread...

...Even his slogan, “Make America Great Again,” they add, has little appeal to minorities whose lives are markedly better than they were several decades ago, while sending a clear message to white voters aggrieved by the status they believe they have lost in those years.

Great point. "Hey you people who are unlike me who lives are slightly less better, we'd prefer it if we go back in time for a bit. Don't mind do you?".
FlexMyHead

Postby SamDBL » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:04 am

FlexMyHead wrote:It was a typo, he meant to call you a toaster. Can't get lower than calling somebody a toaster mate. As you were. FLX.

Read this today and thought about the other thread...

...Even his slogan, “Make America Great Again,” they add, has little appeal to minorities whose lives are markedly better than they were several decades ago, while sending a clear message to white voters aggrieved by the status they believe they have lost in those years.

Great point. "Hey you people who are unlike me who lives are slightly less better, we'd prefer it if we go back in time for a bit. Don't mind do you?".

Thats one way to look at it, if you're obsessed with finding racist dog whistles. There are about a million *other* things that were different before the last presidency (or however long you want to go back) that people could be reacting to. It doesn't have to mean 'he's talking about taking minorities back down a couple pegs! Cool!'. That's such a ridiculous view of how the majority of the country thinks. Gun laws, corporate regulations, environmental policies, employment and wages, taxes, healthcare, etc. I'm not saying any of his positions (or perceived positions) on any of this stuff is worth a shit. Just that to take such a generalized, generic slogan and forcibly define it as a race thing is silly. It's a Rorschach test. That's like saying 'hope and change' was strictly Addressing the issue of transgendered bathrooms.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:56 pm

rooster.

They'd come to snuff him.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:rooster.

Did you like the last St Vitus and Amebix albums?
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:02 pm

SamDBL wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:rooster.

Did you like the last St Vitus and Amebix albums?

Hmmm..

Is this is the latest and greatest StV?

I'd have to look up the last Amebix. I didn't think they existed after the 80's on A.T., but I liked that 1 album fairly well.

To be honest, I like The Obsessed a LOT more than StV. I think that the Obsessed 'Sacred' is holding up as one of the top 5 albums of 2017. Probably the best metal album.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Sam won't be responding :(
FormerLurker

Postby erin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:09 pm

FormerLurker wrote:Sam won't be responding :(

And why is that?
That guys brain is a bag of cats.
erin

Postby SamDBL » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 am

Thanks to the lord and savior Jesus Christ, I was spared death. Thank you, Heavenly Father.
SamDBL

Postby erin » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:47 am

SamDBL wrote:Thanks to the lord and savior Jesus Christ, I was spared death. Thank you, Heavenly Father.

And shifting wind patterns!
That guys brain is a bag of cats.
erin

Postby captain2man » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:02 am

SamDBL wrote:Thanks to the lord and savior Jesus Christ, I was spared death. Thank you, Heavenly Father.

Good to hear, Sam. I was thinking about you.

Just to insert one music-related thing here.....not sure about the most recent Amebix record.....but the Tau Cross record that came out a year or so ago was awesome.
captain2man

Postby SamDBL » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:12 am

I will have to check that out.
SamDBL

Postby wALLton » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:18 am

captain2man wrote:but the Tau Cross record that came out a year or so ago was awesome.

If you liked that one then you should check out their newest release that came out in July. ;)

Sam is alive?!? I guess this means the good lord must approve of his guitar playing in the church band. :lol:
wALLton

Postby SamDBL » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 am

The sweet lord favors me. He is wonderful.
SamDBL

Postby Dinko » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm

SamDBL wrote:The sweet lord favors me.

I'm pretty sure that's His gut feeling.
Glad you haven't been swept away.
The law of average says you will survive.
Dinko

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:53 pm

I like the 1st 2 Bell Witch albums.

And for death-thrash-grind I'm totally loving EXHUMED these days.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse