The Alarm-US tour

The Alarm-US tour

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:29 am

So the band is doing a big tour starting next month. Warped tour and regular dates. Also, 3 cities (DC, LA and Chicago) will get the "Man in the Camo Jacket" documentary in a theatre along with a special Mike Peters performance. I will be at the Somerville, MA show since it is the day before my birthday:

http://thealarm.com/upcoming-shows/

Line-up with Mike Peters includes Smiley (ex-Joe Strummer & Mescalaroes) and James Stevenson (Chelsea, Gen X, Gene Loves Jezebel, International Swingers etc etc). Not sure if Craig Adams will be on bass since he may be busy with The Mission. If that happens Stevenson will switch from guitar to bass. :mrgreen:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: The Alarm-US tour

Postby creature » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:56 am

earthdog70 wrote:So the band is doing a big tour starting next month. Warped tour and regular dates. Also, 3 cities (DC, LA and Chicago) will get the "Man in the Camo Jacket" documentary in a theatre along with a special Mike Peters performance. I will be at the Somerville, MA show since it is the day before my birthday:

http://thealarm.com/upcoming-shows/

Line-up with Mike Peters includes Smiley (ex-Joe Strummer & Mescalaroes) and James Stevenson (Chelsea, Gen X, Gene Loves Jezebel, International Swingers etc etc). Not sure if Craig Adams will be on bass since he may be busy with The Mission. If that happens Stevenson will switch from guitar to bass. :mrgreen:

I'm going to the Seattle date.
Haven't seen The Alarm since 1989 with the original guys--- one of my favorite bands for a number of years in the '80s. I've seen Peters solo and with Big Country, but have passed on new Alarm gigs over the years since I liked the band as a whole from the original days. I'll give it a shot this time!
Have you seen the BBC documentary on Peters and his wife, both battling cancer? It's a tough watch, but inspiring overall.
Cheers
creature

Postby crus » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:57 pm

One my favorite bands but I've never seen them live.

I recently watched a New Order interview from a few years back where Bernard Sumner describes Green Day as the American Alarm, which is an understandable comparison.
crus

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:57 pm

Dave Sharp is joining the band on the UK dates. I'm still looking forward to the show here. 8-)
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby jaybird » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 am

crus wrote:One my favorite bands but I've never seen them live.

I recently watched a New Order interview from a few years back where Bernard Sumner describes Green Day as the American Alarm, which is an understandable comparison.

I don't get that comparison at all... I always thought of The Alarm as U2 jr. I'm not a huge Green Day fan, but I don't think they ever consciously aped another band the way The Alarm was obviously & overtly influenced by U2.
jaybird

Postby jaybird » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 am

I should say that I did like the Alarm quite a bit as a kid... saw them on the "Strength" tour and they were great... But even then, it seemed to me that they always had one eye on what U2 was doing.
jaybird

Postby crus » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:32 pm

jaybird wrote:
crus wrote:One my favorite bands but I've never seen them live.

I don't get that comparison at all... I always thought of The Alarm as U2 jr. I'm not a huge Green Day fan, but I don't think they ever consciously aped another band the way The Alarm was obviously & overtly influenced by U2.

Their first album, Declaration, is way more influenced by The Clash and Dylan than U2 but I do get where you're coming from with the stuff that followed.

I thought the comparison made sense because The Alarm were originally looking towards the punk side of things with The Clash influence then looking to do stadium tours ala U2 and changed their style for that reason.
crus

Postby clash77 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:21 pm

SEVENTEEN were so much better..Lewdd would agree
clash77

Postby pedro » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:33 pm

clash77 wrote:SEVENTEEN were so much better..Lewdd would agree

Never heard of The Toilets?

POSEUR!!
Hello.
pedro

Postby FormerLurker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:28 pm

Is this that band that always wore bolo ties?
FormerLurker

Return to daghouse