Record coming this fall, pledge campaign starting in the next couple weeks:

http://www.dumptruck-music.com/

:D
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: New Dumptruck

Postby Dinko » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:03 am

:D
The law of average says you will survive.
Dinko

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Martha Dumptruck from Heathers has a band???

I'd buy that.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby wALLton » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Martha Dumptruck from Heathers has a band???

I'd buy that.

Big Fun!
wALLton

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 pm

For some strange reason, I've started picking up on these guys. I seem to have remembered a teensy tiny bit about them back in the day and so I'm listening to 'Positively Dumptruck' and enjoying it very much.

A band from Canada called RISE put out a 12" called 'Joy' and it sounds like this and its REALLY f'n good.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Dinko » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:19 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:A band from Canada called RISE put out a 12" called 'Joy' and it sounds like this and its REALLY f'n good.

I really have a soft spot for that band. The Where to Find 7" made me get my ugliest tattoo to date. Boy, that went really wrong. But that song is like the best song that wasn't on Wig Out, and Sylvain Fournier (one of three singers that were in Rise) sounds a lot like dear Peter.
Dinko

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:18 am

Dinko wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:A band from Canada called RISE put out a 12" called 'Joy' and it sounds like this and its REALLY f'n good.

I really have a soft spot for that band. The Where to Find 7" made me get my ugliest tattoo to date. Boy, that went really wrong. But that song is like the best song that wasn't on Wig Out, and Sylvain Fournier (one of three singers that were in Rise) sounds a lot like dear Peter.

Ok, so I'll have to browse around and see what I can find. I only bought the Joy 12" around 25 years ago. I never even knew they had other music out.

Back to Dumptruck, I read their Wiki bio and was never aware of the lawsuit though I remember very well the label Big Time since they put out a Redd Kross album and that Lucy Show album which I like a lot and still find myself re-re- discovering.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Dinko » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:25 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote: Back to Dumptruck, I read their Wiki bio and was never aware of the lawsuit though I remember very well the label Big Time since they put out a Redd Kross album and that Lucy Show album which I like a lot and still find myself re-re- discovering.

Don't know anything about this, but there were 2 years in my life when in assorted feverish nerd talks I was mistaking Dream Syndicate for Green On Red, and Wynn for Cacavas. At least both bands were on Big Time. Phew. Btw, there's a Rise compilation on Boss Tuneage (Freezer Burn) somehow not listed on Discogs, containing songs from an album that never officially surfaced.
Dinko

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Dinko wrote:Dream Syndicate

Heh heh. Nice. Haven't heard their name in years. Had to trawl around SoulSk for a digitized version of Days of Wine and Roses. Kendra Smith years.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Dinko » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:33 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Days of Wine and Roses. Kendra Smith years.

I'm currently re-reading Bob Mould's autobiography. He mentions that his remark - how much 2541 sounded like "that Dream Syndicate song that's being played all over" - might have fucked the delicate chemistry between him and Hart. That similarity never occured to me, until now.
Dinko

Postby FlexMyHead » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:36 am

I have a Rise CD on some random German label. It had the Joy 12" and a few extra songs. I remember liking a few songs enough to put them on mixtapes, but I remember some songs were longer and a bit wimpier/slower than they needed to be. Like they tried to build them up too long? Hadn't thought about them in years, gonna dig out the CD and give it a listen. I remember they all had very Frenchy sounding names and while listening to the CD my friends and I made up fake French names for each other. Man, I was a weird kid.

About Dumptruck, I have nothing to add (as usual).
FlexMyHead

Postby earthdog70 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:56 am

Looks like the new Dumptruck record will be coming to me next month. :mrgreen:
earthdog70

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Just listened to the advance MP3's of this. It's called Wrecked and it is officially out on 1/26/18. It's really excellent :!:
earthdog70

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:12 pm

I'll eventually get it on Bandcamp. I've been into their older stuff a lot in the past few months.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse