Split Single

Split Single

Postby Marc M » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:39 pm

Any fans here? Great stuff from Jason Narducy (Bob Mould, Superchunk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0MKIPTNi-s
Marc M

Re: Split Single

Postby scannest » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:02 am

I dig the tune, but why does every indie rocker feel the need to try their hand at comedy? Most of it is lame.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:26 am

scannest wrote:I dig the tune, but why does every indie rocker feel the need to try their hand at comedy? Most of it is lame.

Yo! I've noticed this, too. Seems to be a new "thing". I do think most of the stuff I've seen Jason tweet/post/whatever is pretty funny, though. I guess he's gotta compete w/ Wurster!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:44 am

At work, so listened at super low volume and only half of it, but I also enjoyed it.

The comment on "humor video" reminded me that this one kinda reminded me of that one Superchunk one where the "old dudes" go to the club and act like total ass-hats, but I enjoyed that more.

Judging by the shit-tastic quality of song videos that have been made, I'm guessing it's pretty hard to come up with something to do without it sucking. If I was going to make one, I'd be sure to have it be ridiculous and silly and most like tell a story or something, like running around and chasing something. But then again, who wants to see that shit. Actually, I might do a frame-by-frame remake of The Mob's video, that would be pretty sweet.

Here is the Superchunk video. I think my favorite part is when the guy leans up against the wall and closes his eyes and dreams of the perfect moshing circle of friends all smiling and happy and dancing collectively as friends and then he opens his eyes, tries to start a "pit", get stared at and then goes and cries on the toilet. Fucking awesome!

FlexMyHead

Postby scannest » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:35 pm

I just thought the concept was lame - "Look at how bad I am at being a rockstar!"

Superchunk are pretty good at the funny video. The moment in this one when the cat mugs Wurster cracks me, consistently, up.

"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:26 pm

scannest wrote:I just thought the concept was lame - "Look at how bad I am at being a rockstar!"

Superchunk are pretty good at the funny video. The moment in this one when the cat mugs Wurster cracks me, consistently, up.

Nice Simpsons reference there :lol: c/o Fat Tony
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Marc M » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:06 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:At work, so listened at super low volume and only half of it, but I also enjoyed it.

The comment on "humor video" reminded me that this one kinda reminded me of that one Superchunk one where the "old dudes" go to the club and act like total ass-hats, but I enjoyed that more.

Judging by the shit-tastic quality of song videos that have been made, I'm guessing it's pretty hard to come up with something to do without it sucking. If I was going to make one, I'd be sure to have it be ridiculous and silly and most like tell a story or something, like running around and chasing something. But then again, who wants to see that shit. Actually, I might do a frame-by-frame remake of The Mob's video, that would be pretty sweet.

Here is the Superchunk video. I think my favorite part is when the guy leans up against the wall and closes his eyes and dreams of the perfect moshing circle of friends all smiling and happy and dancing collectively as friends and then he opens his eyes, tries to start a "pit", get stared at and then goes and cries on the toilet. Fucking awesome!

Ha! I used to have that Subculture shirt that Mac is wearing in the video. Fartblossom Records...
Marc M

Return to daghouse