Postby earthdog70 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:24 pm

No idea he had a new record coming:

http://razorcake.org/wp/talkin-about-th ... #more-1121

8-)
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: Vic Bondi interview

Postby patient_ot » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Curious about the new album. Is it a Vic solo album or something else?
patient_ot

Postby Gary » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:07 pm

Didn't know about the new record,listening on spotify and it sounds good. Any idea if there's to be a vinyl release,and who is doing it?
Gary

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:11 pm

I think he got Colin to play drums, you can preview tracks here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/vicbondi

:arrow:

Right now it looks like it is digital only.
earthdog70

Postby creature » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:04 pm

earthdog70 wrote:I think he got Colin to play drums, you can preview tracks here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/vicbondi

:arrow:

Right now it looks like it is digital only.

Yeah, that's the one with Colin on drums. Here's a review of the Seattle gig with the band for that record:
http://theressomethinghardinthere.blogs ... -band.html
creature

Postby earthdog70 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks Creature-I did remember your article. So it changed from a band thing to a solo project :?:
earthdog70

Postby wALLton » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:07 am

This release was actually announced on Vic's FB page back in May, I just assumed it was already known on here.

Friends -- late last year I went into the studio with Colin Sears (drums) and Gene Pandolfi, aka Ginn Wild (bass). We recorded at Supernatural Sounds in Oregon City, Oregon, with Robert Bartleson engineering and Jeff Dean producing. The record was mastered by Jason Livermore at The Blasting Room in Fort Collins, Colorado. The cover was done by the Chicago artist Wesley Kimler and is used with his permission. I wrote all the songs and played all the guitars, although my friend Eric Fry threw in some licks on "Stockholm Syndrome."

The record is now available digtally on iTunes, Spotify and other major outlets. It is available physically on demand from CD Baby.

It's called Primary because it's a return to the basics for me, and because things are generally getting down to the primal basics.

I hope you enjoy it.

Also this was posted on Saturday on the Dead Ending FB page:

Album is done! We finished mixing it a few days ago. Now, time to sort out mastering. More info soon!

:)
wALLton

Postby Jaygun » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:43 am

Vic's solo record was originally supposed to be a new band, but the band kind of fell apart, so he released it as a solo record. Yeah, Colin played drums on it, and totally rocked it! I recorded and mixed it over 2 years( 5 songs recorded nov. 2014, 5 songs recorded nov. 2015). I really like this record, and it was a blast to be record! Dead Ending has a new 7" coming out on Alternative Tentacles in about a month. We also finished our album, but not sure who's releasing it. 8-)
Jaygun

Postby earthdog70 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:51 pm

Thanks Wallton-looks like the CD is no longer available however.

Jaygun-please post here when pre-orders are up for the 7" and full length-thanks :!:
earthdog70

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:29 pm

According to CD Baby they didn't ever have this available as a physical CD, so I guess it is digital or nuthin :lol:
earthdog70

Postby wALLton » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:59 am

earthdog70 wrote:According to CD Baby they didn't ever have this available as a physical CD, so I guess it is digital or nuthin :lol:

Yeah, shortly after it was announced I went to grab a CD copy and couldn't find any links to physical product. I think it has always been download only. Then when I looked into buying the download CD baby only offer MP3 at VBR? Rubbish! I was going to contact Vic and see if he can offer anything better. I looked elsewhere on the net and could find 320kbps MP3 but it kept asking me to join some monthly payment situation that I could opt out of but still had to enter my credit card details. Decided to sit on this for a while, but I definitely still want to pick it up.

New DE I am DEFINITELY interested in getting. :)
wALLton

Return to daghouse