ALL/Descendents thread (streaming link to new LP inside!)

Re: ALL/Descendents thread

Postby The Snake » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Hey ALL fans, do you know All in All song?
It is a great song and it sounds like it is from Everything Sucks demos, anyone knows more about the song?
Also, if anyone wants, I can upload the song and few more ALL rare songs.
The Snake

Postby norix » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:50 am

So, I had a couple of posts about merch and ordering etc.... Got solved by getting a prepaid credit card. Got myself a problematic cd, a live plus one cd, filmage, one DENTS shirt, one ALL shirt and one filmage shirt (and the back paper cover of my Live+1 cd was flipped ). Ofcourse the week after they got the coloured Everything Sucks vinyl in but I didn't want waste another X euros for fed-ex shipping. Anyway.

Recently, whilst browsing spotify, I noticed that there are a lot of compilation cds with ALL songs on it. Most of them are just things they took out of full length ALL albums, but there's also the song 'College Town' from the cd 'Disarming Violence', which I've never seen anywhere else.

I also noticed that there is another band called ALL, some kind of German ambient project or something. http://www.discogs.com/artist/3829-All
norix

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:25 am

The Snake wrote:Finally!!!

Goodbye Harry both albums!

I personally love more the first album, but you be the judge.

Food Stamp Bbq: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u3nmv ... mp+Bbq.rar

I Can Smoke: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n9mxt ... +Smoke.rar

Oh man, thank you! I will have to DL these tonight. They are LONG out of print!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby jaybird » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:27 am

The Snake wrote:Hey ALL fans, do you know All in All song?
It is a great song and it sounds like it is from Everything Sucks demos, anyone knows more about the song?

DTR also recorded it.

jaybird

Postby The Snake » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:31 am

gregpolard wrote:
The Snake wrote:Finally!!!

Goodbye Harry both albums!

I personally love more the first album, but you be the judge.

Food Stamp Bbq: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u3nmv ... mp+Bbq.rar

I Can Smoke: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n9mxt ... +Smoke.rar

Oh man, thank you! I will have to DL these tonight. They are LONG out of print!

No Problem Greg.

By the way, if anyone have problems with me putting links of some of the bands, let me know.
These links are already floating around the net and in case of Goodbye Harry, the records are long out of print so I hope I don´t hurt anybody with providing the links.
The Snake

Postby The Snake » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:33 am

jaybird wrote:
The Snake wrote:Hey ALL fans, do you know All in All song?

DTR also recorded it.

Interesting cover.
The Snake

Postby norix » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:34 am

http://www.suburbanhomerecords.com/rele ... ken-demos/

Some of the tracks are old ALL tracks I feel
norix

Postby Nombardo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Hey guys, new here. I hope you don't mind me joining specifically for a Descendents query. In all honesty I've only heard Dag Nasty a few times and that was only the first two records. It's probably a bit stupid to ask a Dag Nasty forum if it's worth listening to the others considering the answer will be yes but...is it? I like both of the records I heard but Wig Out at Denko's was probably my favourite. Aaaanyway...

Does anyone have any Milo Goes To College era live bootlegs? I found a handful of songs from a gig the Descendents did at the Mabuhay Gardens in early '82 on Youtube but upon searching the web to download the whole show I only found dead links. I did originally ask this on the Descendents reddit page and got nothing so I'm hoping I'll be better off here.
Nombardo

Postby norix » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:14 am

A guy on youtube mensioned a band called 'Left Insane' on a video, where Stephen Egerton apparently played in.

Pretty fun and groovy. Shame I hadn't heard about them before.
norix

Postby Gary » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:49 am

Left Insane were great. Stephen Egerton only played on the 7" though,and I think he may have played bass at that.
I also have a split 7" with Haywire and an lp.
Gary

Postby Welly » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 pm

norix wrote:A guy on youtube mensioned a band called 'Left Insane' on a video, where Stephen Egerton apparently played in.

Pretty fun and groovy. Shame I hadn't heard about them before.

Heard of Massacre Guys?
Welly

Postby The Snake » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:11 am

I have heard Left Insane LP, that sound pretty good, check it out Norix!
The Snake

Postby Gary » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Gary

Postby Hal » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Gary wrote:https://www.punknews.org/article/60582/descendents-announce-new-album-hypercaffium-spazzinate-due-out-july

TFCIT!!
Hal

Postby WrEtcH » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:10 am

WrEtcH wrote:
scannest wrote:I would assume any new Decendents record would be easy enough to find through regular channels. I can't see it being any kind of King's Road exclusive. I'm gonna guess it will be on Fat Wreck Chords, but I don't know for sure. As far as timing, my money is on late spring.

my wild guess is that they might go back to Epitaph since King's Road and Epitaph have a tie in. I'm not ruling out being wrong (which I always am. LOL)

My guess was correct
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:58 am

WrEtcH wrote:
WrEtcH wrote:
scannest wrote:I would assume any new Decendents record would be easy enough to find through regular channels. I can't see it being any kind of King's Road exclusive. I'm gonna guess it will be on Fat Wreck Chords, but I don't know for sure. As far as timing, my money is on late spring.

my wild guess is that they might go back to Epitaph since King's Road and Epitaph have a tie in. I'm not ruling out being wrong (which I always am. LOL)

My guess was correct

Woo hoo! I know Fat only does one album deal's so I guess they just got a better offer from Epitaph which isn't surprising in the least, no disrespect to Fat at all. I dig that label.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:54 pm

I had no idea they did a Hot Topic exclusive pressing of "Problematic". Snagged a copy on eBay for the list price. I knew they did "Mass Nerder" which I got when it came out but had no idea about this one!
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:15 am

Also, pretty bummed I had to wait to order the new Dents album and missed out not only on the Glow In The Dark (got the email from Kingsroad) but also on the green. If anyone has an extra and wants to sell/trade let me know. Longshot but hey.
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:31 am

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/21/485840798 ... spazzinate

It's every bit as glorious as I imagined!!!!!!!!
gregpolard

Re: ALL/Descendents thread (streaming link to new LP inside!

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:37 am

listening now. everybody chime in your fave song so far.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby jaybird » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:09 am

Shameless Halo
jaybird

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:24 am

Smile
gregpolard

Postby norix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:27 am

Of course, it's only for the 'mericans. Well, I'll celebrate the Belgian national holiday in another way.. :(
norix

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:00 am

so far, "On Paper"
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby norix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:15 am

Ok never mind, made a little Javascript hack that bypasses their regional protection so I can listen to it from here... and I've never even used Javascript.
norix

Postby norix » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:09 pm

I liked it, maybe it's because of the low volume stream, but the super loud bass problem the first single had was gone.

Gonna see if me and one of my mates can finish our ordering deal today/tomorrow, shipping costs kill around here.
norix

Postby scannest » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:35 pm

I'm gonna wait until I can give it a proper listen before naming favorites.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:57 pm

Limiter or Without Love
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby bortlicenseplate » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:55 am

I like "Feel This" best so far
bortlicenseplate

Postby Hal » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:31 pm

Watched Filmage for the umpteenth time tonight. I'm sure it's not normal for a 44-year-old to be driven to tears multiple times during a music documentary, but that happened.
Hal

Postby gregpolard » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Hal wrote:Watched Filmage for the umpteenth time tonight. I'm sure it's not normal for a 44-year-old to be driven to tears multiple times during a music documentary, but that happened.

Totally normal. Have no fear!
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:05 am

gregpolard wrote:
Hal wrote:Watched Filmage for the umpteenth time tonight. I'm sure it's not normal for a 44-year-old to be driven to tears multiple times during a music documentary, but that happened.

Same thing happened to me; I haven't seen it in a few years, but at that point I was 39 and the part where Bill talks about his dad and explains the lyrics to "One More Day" always makes me tear up each of the 3x I've seen it.
JGJR

Postby Hal » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:18 pm

JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

Same thing happened to me; I haven't seen it in a few years, but at that point I was 39 and the part where Bill talks about his dad and explains the lyrics to "One More Day" always makes me tear up each of the 3x I've seen it.

Yeah, that's a tough scene to watch. I'm assuming Egg Timer is about Bill's father too?

But, in addition...what chokes me up is how this film brings me to the realization that I've been listening to this band for 30 years. They have been one of the bands that has provided a HUGE part of the soundtrack of my life...or at least through all the important parts. I equate every album with memories of times, places, friends, failures, successes, heartbreak and love. The films footage, stories and a good helping of alcohol = waterworks :)
Hal

Postby WrEtcH » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:25 pm

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Hal wrote:But, in addition...what chokes me up is how this film brings me to the realization that I've been listening to this band for 30 years. They have been one of the bands that has provided a HUGE part of the soundtrack of my life...or at least through all the important parts. I equate every album with memories of times, places, friends, failures, successes, heartbreak and love. The films footage, stories and a good helping of alcohol = waterworks :)

Well said. It's been 25 years for me.
JGJR

Postby jaybird » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:32 am

Descendents = Rape Culture Bullshit.

:lol:
jaybird

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:54 am

jaybird wrote:Descendents = Rape Culture Bullshit.

I was there. For what it's worth, the show was way oversold and I experienced about five unwanted (though almost surely unintentional) touchings of my own. If somebody intentionally groped her, that's really lame and I hope she alerted security. It's pretty clear, however, she either didn't read the lyrics to Testisterone or misinterpreted them.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby Dinko » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 pm

So while Chad has formed a new band called A Vulture Wake with Brandon Landelius (ex-Authority Zero), Joe Raposo (Lagwagon, ex-RKL), and Sean Sellers (Good Riddance), he's currently mixing his second solo album, which isn't really solo, as it includes drums (Dave Barker, judging from a pic) and shit. Bought "Breaking things" on vinyl two weeks ago, and damn, Ginn forgot to include a lyric sheet. Stoner.
The law of average says you will survive.
Dinko

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:39 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
jaybird wrote:Descendents = Rape Culture Bullshit.

I was there. For what it's worth, the show was way oversold and I experienced about five unwanted (though almost surely unintentional) touchings of my own. If somebody intentionally groped her, that's really lame and I hope she alerted security. It's pretty clear, however, she either didn't read the lyrics to Testisterone or misinterpreted them.

I liked your comment, Hunter. I know exactly what "Testosterone" is about because I asked Milo that a few weeks ago and you're of course correct. Anyhow, I concur. The whole thing just made me glad that for the show I saw, I was up in the balcony far away from folks inadvertently bumping into me (like at Buzzcocks a week earlier). Honestly, the older I get, the more I appreciate being away from all that nonsense or a show like Teenage Fanclub last night where everyone just stood and watched the band and was enthralled.

Now get off my lawn. :-)
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Hypercaffium Spazzinate is pretty much their career best. Perfect.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby NotBaker » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:56 pm

JGJR wrote:The whole thing just made me glad that for the show I saw, I was up in the balcony far away from folks inadvertently bumping into me (like at Buzzcocks a week earlier). Honestly, the older I get, the more I appreciate being away from all that nonsense or a show like Teenage Fanclub last night where everyone just stood and watched the band and was enthralled.

You went to the NYC show, right? I was there too, but I was way down in front -- maybe like 3 "rows" of people from the stage, and practically at the stage by the end. There are very few bands that would bring me that close to the stage, but the Descendents are one of them. By the end of the night I was sweaty, hoarse, and exhausted, but I have to say I had a great time. However, I do appreciate that the kids today seem to all wear soft shoes vs. the steel toe boots from ~25 years ago.

EDIT: My one minor disappointment is that they didn't play Statue of Liberty. I realize it's a rather deep cut, but Milo had the green foam crown and everything!
NotBaker

Postby captain2man » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:13 am

NotBaker wrote:EDIT: My one minor disappointment is that they didn't play Statue of Liberty. I realize it's a rather deep cut, but Milo had the green foam crown and everything!

I was at the NYC show as well. I thought for sure they were going to open up with that when he was wearing that.
captain2man

Postby JGJR » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:39 am

NotBaker wrote:
JGJR wrote:The whole thing just made me glad that for the show I saw, I was up in the balcony far away from folks inadvertently bumping into me (like at Buzzcocks a week earlier). Honestly, the older I get, the more I appreciate being away from all that nonsense or a show like Teenage Fanclub last night where everyone just stood and watched the band and was enthralled.

You went to the NYC show, right? I was there too, but I was way down in front -- maybe like 3 "rows" of people from the stage, and practically at the stage by the end. There are very few bands that would bring me that close to the stage, but the Descendents are one of them. By the end of the night I was sweaty, hoarse, and exhausted, but I have to say I had a great time. However, I do appreciate that the kids today seem to all wear soft shoes vs. the steel toe boots from ~25 years ago.

EDIT: My one minor disappointment is that they didn't play Statue of Liberty. I realize it's a rather deep cut, but Milo had the green foam crown and everything!

Yes, I was at the NYC show. I appreciate that enthusiasm, but I had just as much fun singing along from the balcony.
JGJR

Postby Jimmy Heartburn » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:21 am

They have a beer out now too. Probably too hoppy for my tastes.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/hoppage_the_descendents_are_now_a_beer
My stupid music blog http://melonvillehc.blogspot.ca
Jimmy Heartburn

Postby gregpolard » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:00 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/371803418945

Selling one of my watches and some Dents / All shirts. Trying to get some extra scratch for Xmas. It's tight this year. Username: coldstares
gregpolard

Previous

Return to daghouse