The Stone Roses: MSG 6/30!

The Stone Roses: MSG 6/30!

Postby drew » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:55 am

All I have to say is, WOW! By far exceeded my expectations and def the best concert I've seen at the Garden in a very long time. A band I've always heard was pretty mediocre live absolutely killed it. Tight, energetic & Ian Brown sounded awesome. From the opener "I wanna be adored" to the closer "I am the resurrection" the crowd was on its feet for the entire hour and forty minute set. I met up with about 20 friends who were there after the show and we were just gushing. I haven't left an arena show so elated in years. I can't believe this was the only North American appearance. If they come back next year and you are a fan do yourself a favor and go.
drew

Re: The Stone Roses: MSG 6/30!

Postby version sound » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Good to hear. All the live stuff I heard by them BITD was pretty bad, especially the vocals.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby lewdd » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:58 pm

version sound wrote:Good to hear. All the live stuff I heard by them BITD was pretty bad, especially the vocals.

Smashing Pumpkins were the same way. Corgan live sounded horrible.
lewdd

Postby version sound » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:23 pm

lewdd wrote:
version sound wrote:Good to hear. All the live stuff I heard by them BITD was pretty bad, especially the vocals.

Smashing Pumpkins were the same way. Corgan live sounded horrible.

I saw them twice and had a bootleg live CD or two, and I never had a problem with his voice. I know that a lot of people do, though.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby earthdog70 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:40 pm

I have to see John Squire play guitar live before I kick it, so I'll go if they come my way. Even if the vocals sound like 2 cats fighting :lol:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby gregpolard » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:46 am

drew wrote:All I have to say is, WOW! By far exceeded my expectations and def the best concert I've seen at the Garden in a very long time. A band I've always heard was pretty mediocre live absolutely killed it. Tight, energetic & Ian Brown sounded awesome. From the opener "I wanna be adored" to the closer "I am the resurrection" the crowd was on its feet for the entire hour and forty minute set. I met up with about 20 friends who were there after the show and we were just gushing. I haven't left an arena show so elated in years. I can't believe this was the only North American appearance. If they come back next year and you are a fan do yourself a favor and go.

Drew - I watched the doc last night finally and remembered talking to you about this show when we met up at the No Escape / Easy Creatures show a few days later. This is one of my biggest "I missed it" show regrets (alongside passing up Blur at MSG a few months prior to this Roses show).
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:15 pm

gregpolard wrote:
drew wrote:All I have to say is, WOW! By far exceeded my expectations and def the best concert I've seen at the Garden in a very long time. A band I've always heard was pretty mediocre live absolutely killed it. Tight, energetic & Ian Brown sounded awesome. From the opener "I wanna be adored" to the closer "I am the resurrection" the crowd was on its feet for the entire hour and forty minute set. I met up with about 20 friends who were there after the show and we were just gushing. I haven't left an arena show so elated in years. I can't believe this was the only North American appearance. If they come back next year and you are a fan do yourself a favor and go.

Drew - I watched the doc last night finally and remembered talking to you about this show when we met up at the No Escape / Easy Creatures show a few days later. This is one of my biggest "I missed it" show regrets (alongside passing up Blur at MSG a few months prior to this Roses show).

I really regret missing this one as well (same with The Cure at MSG last year).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse