Let's talk about shows you attended recently

Re: Let's talk about shows you attended recently

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Gary wrote:Hellshock
Putrefaction
Sete Star Sept
Rats Blood
Gaze

Local bands (Putrefaction and Rats Blood) were bands of the night for me.

what did you think of hellshock? it is so weird they are touring europe, as they literally will play 2 or 3 shows at most in pdx a year and that is only when some huge old band comes to town. someone even told me they had broken up and he was all active in the scene here.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby MikeD » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:10 am

I went to see BISHOPS GREEN and 45 ADAPTERS in Brooklyn on Friday. Small show but great vibe and fun sets by both bands. I wasn't sold on BISHOPS GREEN at first, but they have slowly become one of my favorite current bands along with VICE from Staten Island... who are the exact opposite of what they sound like haha

I am going to see NEGATIVE APPROACH in Brooklyn in December. Otherwise no plans to leave my house ;)
MikeD

Postby Gary » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:03 am

yourenotevil wrote:
Gary wrote:Hellshock
Putrefaction
Sete Star Sept
Rats Blood
Gaze

Local bands (Putrefaction and Rats Blood) were bands of the night for me.

what did you think of hellshock? it is so weird they are touring europe, as they literally will play 2 or 3 shows at most in pdx a year and that is only when some huge old band comes to town. someone even told me they had broken up and he was all active in the scene here.

I enjoyed them alright,but I'm not overly familiar with the records or anything.
Gary

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 am

i saw red hare last night. they were awesome and it was great to finally see jason and shawn live. the drummer is so fucking good, goddamn. there must have been like 50 people there at most, and more ppl came for them b/c when coliseum went on there were literally less than 30 people left. i wish they had played longer but they were great nonetheless. i stuck around and jason got up with shawn and with coliseum at the end and they did Machine gun etiquette, with jason on lead vocals. that was awesome and worth sticking around for. it was weird seeing coliseum. i think they are the first band i have ever seen that elicited no reaction either way from whatsoever. nothing about them was bad at all, but there wasn't much to get excited about either. i felt like they sounded like some 90s band that would have gotten signed after nirvana got big and ended up in the dollar bin.

shawn is a cool dude and has a great presence on stage. made me wish i had seen jesuseater and swiz. they tried to record the new song in los angeles, but it looks like it didn't pan out. he said they were going to work on doing another album instead of the 7inch like they had planned. he also said the northern misstep stuff will be released at some point(the band he was in with zac eller).
yourenotevil

Postby gregpolard » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:51 am

I'm really bummed I missed them in Philly earlier this year. The Red Hare 12" is one of the best releases of the year, definitely.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:58 am

gregpolard wrote:I'm really bummed I missed them in Philly earlier this year. The Red Hare 12" is one of the best releases of the year, definitely.

the crowd was about as good as i though it would be on a sunday night for this town. i am surprised they even bothered stopping here actually, but it saved me the drive to seattle. i was tempted to drive up there to see them again but 400 miles ain't worth it for a half hour set. they played early since the club had a burlesque show later in the night. the vibe from the guys seemed to be that the turnout for the tour was up and down, but they had a good attitude about it. i know they are friends with coliseum and that is why they ended up on this stint of their tour, but if you draw more than the headliner and the room clears after your opening act, that is just not a good match for a tour.
yourenotevil

Postby MXV » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:29 am

I saw Agent Orange and The Bollweevils on Friday night. Both were great. Guttermouth headlined but I never liked them so I split after AO finished playing.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:40 pm

gregpolard wrote:I'm really bummed I missed them in Philly earlier this year. The Red Hare 12" is one of the best releases of the year, definitely.

This and especially after reading that they covered MGE. Wow!
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:42 pm

yourenotevil wrote: they played early since the club had a burlesque show later in the night.

I really need to visit Portland again at some point. Red Hare & burlesque in the same club = my kind of town. :lol:
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:42 pm

MXV wrote:I saw Agent Orange and The Bollweevils on Friday night. Both were great. Guttermouth headlined but I never liked them so I split after AO finished playing.

Talk about a bill that should've been reversed in terms of quality (AO and Guttermouth, I mean).
JGJR

Postby MXV » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:56 pm

JGJR wrote:
MXV wrote:I saw Agent Orange and The Bollweevils on Friday night. Both were great. Guttermouth headlined but I never liked them so I split after AO finished playing.

Talk about a bill that should've been reversed in terms of quality (AO and Guttermouth, I mean).

I agree and on that same bill The Bollweevils had to play before some crappy punk rock mariachi band called Pinata Protest. Whoever booked that show got the order all wrong.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby WrEtcH » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:34 pm

going to this tonight

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby john stabb » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:29 pm

MXV, there really is such thing as a Punk Rock Mariachi band :?: The indie-film I played a lead role as "Ninja looking for Romance" (DATE NUMBER ONE), the director/writer/cameraman had this scene with a guy who was in The Punkrock Mariachi Allstars. I thought that was an incredibly ridiculous concept so were the band that ridiculous :?:

And screw Guttermouth :!: Agent Orange are a talented band, not those assclowns. :x Hell, Boweevils are a billion times better than that shat.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby JGJR » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:26 pm

john stabb wrote:MXV, there really is such thing as a Punk Rock Mariachi band :?: The indie-film I played a lead role as "Ninja looking for Romance" (DATE NUMBER ONE), the director/writer/cameraman had this scene with a guy who was in The Punkrock Mariachi Allstars. I thought that was an incredibly ridiculous concept so were the band that ridiculous :?:

The only one I knew of is that Mariachi el Bronx band, but otherwise I had no clue this was an entire sub-genre.
JGJR

Postby Gary » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:12 am

Protex
Steve Ignorant with Paranoid Visions

Went last night,a couple of decent local bands played,but the sound sucked for them. Steve Ignorant with PV had really bad sound too,and seemed kinda unpracticed. I was disappointed. Got the record though and it seems pretty good on first impression.

Protex though were great. Only band of the night who sounded good. Sounded a lot more full than earlier in the year when I saw them and they benefited from a slightly shorter set. Glad I went as I almost didn't bother.
Gary

Postby scannest » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:09 am

I guess this is technically "attending". Tonight in PA

"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby Michele » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:55 am

Since my friends opened a small venue in my town had the opportunity to see a rich bunch of Italian bands into different genres and must admit that I was surprised on how many good bands are around nowadays, from noise-rock to stoner, from grind to old-school hardcore, from postcore to psychedelia, we have a real exciting universe just around the corner.
I must also say that being able to attend shows in a place in my hometown and to meet a lot of good friends often than usual, added a special value to the Whole experience.
only bad aspect, probably I will lower a lot my big shows or in other towns...
"Punker": Damnit, your english is confusing!
"Version Sound": Damnit, your english is amazing!
"Cischord": Damnit, my English is confusing!
Michele

Previous

Return to daghouse