New Warrior Tribes Midwest/East dates

New Warrior Tribes Midwest/East dates

Postby Bill » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Things changed for dumb reasons, so the dates and cities are now different. Here's the itinerary

Sept 19 - Bloomington, IN - House Atreides
Sept 20 - Richmond, VA
Sept 21 - Philadelphia, PA - The Slow Club
Sept 22 - Detroit, MI

We're hopefully going to have copies of a split 7" with Distract, our touring friends/space mates/gear share band. The recording and mixing is done (and both sides sound great, seriously), it's just a matter of hammering out the pressing.

I'm pretty excited to be doing this whole "playing music out of town" thing.
Last edited by Bill on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill

Re: New Warrior Tribes Midwest/East dates

Postby scannest » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:58 am

Does this mean you'll be in Chicago for Riot Fest?

Oh, and Philly to Detroit is gonna be a hellride!
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:40 am

Where in Philly are you playing?
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Bill » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:44 pm

Sal, yes but I still won't be going. I'd have rather kept the original dates to just be out of town when it happened but oh well. The original plan was to try to drive back fro Boston in one day, so... yeah.

Greg, I have no idea yet but hopefully we'll get more stuff hammered out soon.
Bill

Postby Bill » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:52 pm

Here's the Facebook page & info for the Philadelphia show.

https://www.facebook.com/events/153970911463670
Saturday, September 21, 2013
7:00pm until 10:30pm in EDT

DISTRACT(CHI)- http://distract-chicago.bandcamp.com/

WARRIOR TRIBES(CHI)- http://warriortribes.bandcamp.com/

IN SCHOOL(NY)- http://inschool.bandcamp.com/

SLIT LIPS- local weirdos, newer band, they good

POSSIBLY 1 MORE TBA

7pm. Show ends at 10:30
5 dollahs
@thee Slow Club
Bill

Postby JGJR » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Bill wrote:Here's the Facebook page & info for the Philadelphia show.

https://www.facebook.com/events/153970911463670
Saturday, September 21, 2013
7:00pm until 10:30pm in EDT

DISTRACT(CHI)- http://distract-chicago.bandcamp.com/

WARRIOR TRIBES(CHI)- http://warriortribes.bandcamp.com/

IN SCHOOL(NY)- http://inschool.bandcamp.com/

SLIT LIPS- local weirdos, newer band, they good

POSSIBLY 1 MORE TBA

7pm. Show ends at 10:30
5 dollahs
@thee Slow Club

I can't promise that I'll be able to make it, but would love to meet you. I'm in West Philly, so I'm curious if you can PM the address to me. Thanks.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby obik » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:47 pm

Any DC dags planning on making the drive out to either RVA or Philthy and want gas money in exchange for carriage service?
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:09 am

That's in between Flag (9/18) and Superchunk (9/24) shows so not sure I can swing another trip into the city (I'm out here in the burbs) but I too would love to meet in "real life". Hmmmm
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:25 pm

gregpolard wrote:That's in between Flag (9/18) and Superchunk (9/24) shows so not sure I can swing another trip into the city (I'm out here in the burbs) but I too would love to meet in "real life". Hmmmm

I hope you can make it, too!
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Actually...I knew the date looked familiar. My friends wedding is that day and no way I'm missing that haha

Next time!
gregpolard

Postby Bill » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Ah, bummer.

Work was awful this week so I took some time to write a general band update about how busy we are. It's true, it's even on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/notes/warrior- ... 3726479720

We're very busy
August 2, 2013 at 8:27am

For once there's actually enough information to justify more than a status update.

1) Our next show is August 12 at Township with The New Flesh, Technicolor Teeth and Daylight Robbery. All three other bands will make us look bad by comparison so it'll be fun - https://www.facebook.com/events/286746688138372/?ref=22

2) Some time this fall we will have a split 7" with Distract out. It has three songs from us, two from them and cat themed artwork. There's no ETA on it but hopefully the mastered tracks will be up on Bandcamp soon. As somebody who was there when it was recorded, all the tracks sound pretty impressive. All seven of us collectively send out a huge thanks to David Wolf for not only his recording and mixing skills, but for walking us through all the processes.

3) Speaking of Distract, the two of us will be hitting the road together next month for a short Eastward tour. We look forward to watching Spooky twerk in cities across the nation. We will have a limited tour tape version of the split 7" so fire up those Ebay accounts. There's still some information that needs to be filled in, but here's what we know so far.

9/19 Bloomington, IN - House Atreides - https://www.facebook.com/events/500335210058529/
9/20 Richmond, VA
9/21 Philadelphia, PA - The Slow Club - https://www.facebook.com/events/15397091146367
09/22 Detroit, MI
https://www.facebook.com/events/469210753175663/ - Join the event page and tell all your cool friends!

4) After the tour (October 10) we're playing with Doom Town and Autonomy at a space to be named later. Once again, it will be fun and there is an event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/213307005490779/

5) John's in another band called Rumores that can bill itself as ex-Crudos and ex-No Slogan; he's not sure how that happened either. They played their first show last month with La Urss and slayed the Chi-Town Futbol crowd.

That's it. Thanks to everyone that's come out to all our recent shows, bought tapes and said encouraging words. Bye.

Bill
Last edited by Bill on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill

Postby JGJR » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Bill wrote:cat themed artwork

Between this and the coffee thread, I am enjoying the board today. That is all.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:31 pm

Also Bill please PM me the address for the Slow Club or let me know who I can contact to find out. Thanks!
JGJR

Postby Bill » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Actually, I have a cell phone picture of the painted artwork. It's really weird.

The band that half of Distract was in, Cold Lovers, had a really awesome and dark t-shirt with a cat on it, from the same guy.
Bill

Postby Bill » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:32 pm

I'll talk to the other guys & gals this week and get that info over to you!
Bill

Postby JGJR » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Wow those are creepy, but he is talented.
JGJR

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:18 am

JGJR wrote:Also Bill please PM me the address for the Slow Club or let me know who I can contact to find out. Thanks!

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't the Slow Club contact info printed in large font on the flier (i.e., king.size.twisted@gmail.com)?
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby gregpolard » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:29 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:
JGJR wrote:Also Bill please PM me the address for the Slow Club or let me know who I can contact to find out. Thanks!

Maybe I'm missing something but isn't the Slow Club contact info printed in large font on the flier (i.e., king.size.twisted@gmail.com)?

JGJR needs another coffee :bag:
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Bill wrote:I'll talk to the other guys & gals this week and get that info over to you!

Thanks, Bill. Again, I sincerely hope I can make my way over there but with a new baby and 2 shows within that same week, it will be tough. Proximity will help, though, as will the fact that it's on a Saturday night.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 pm

gregpolard wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:

JGJR needs another coffee :bag:

Indeed, I do. Oops. Never mind, Bill.
JGJR

Postby FlexMyHead » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Bill,
Listened to yr bandcamp DEMO #1, the vocals were kinda unlistenable. Hopefully your split 7" has better sound? It was hard to even tell if I liked you guys or not. Not that 40 year old dudes are your target group (or...maybe I am???). Have fun on tour! Have to laugh that shows still cost $5, somehow inflation hasn't hit the world of punx shows. I'm sure there are still punx that go "5 bucks? What the fuck, this is punx, it should cost a nickel or something". Saw they put "for touring bands" which makes me think people are still cheap bastards not wanting to pay the band. You should start a kickstarter for the tour!
FlexMyHead

Postby JGJR » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:13 pm

I got the address. It's actually about a 10 minute walk from my house! That isn't too surprising given that I already knew it was in West Philly and with the number of punk houses around here, but it's still cool!
JGJR

Postby Bill » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:Bill,
Listened to yr bandcamp DEMO #1, the vocals were kinda unlistenable. Hopefully your split 7" has better sound? It was hard to even tell if I liked you guys or not. Not that 40 year old dudes are your target group (or...maybe I am???). Have fun on tour! Have to laugh that shows still cost $5, somehow inflation hasn't hit the world of punx shows. I'm sure there are still punx that go "5 bucks? What the fuck, this is punx, it should cost a nickel or something". Saw they put "for touring bands" which makes me think people are still cheap bastards not wanting to pay the band. You should start a kickstarter for the tour!

That was recorded on a two track in our practice space so yeah, it's super rough. The radio set that's also on there is a lot better sounding and the tracks for the split are much better than those.

Matt, that's awesome! Hopefully you can make it out for the 15 minute we make everyone cross their arms.
Bill

Postby JGJR » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:45 am

Bill wrote:Matt, that's awesome! Hopefully you can make it out for the 15 minute we make everyone cross their arms.

I'll be honest. Like I said before, I'm already going to two other things in the span of that week, so it'll be tough but again the proximity and the fact that it's on a Saturday definitely helps greatly. If I can't make the actual show, I could hopefully at least take you and maybe your bandmates to the tasty Mexican place right next to the house or some other place in the neighborhood.

I will PM you or send a message on FB at some point before that to let you know what's up regardless.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Gonna put these guys on a Daghouse comp too.
lewdd

Postby obik » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Hey Bill, what's the story on the Warrior Tribes vinyl? Any progress?
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Return to daghouse