MLB BASEBALL 2014

Re: MLB BASEBALL 2014

Postby WrEtcH » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:23 pm

worldismyfuse wrote:You gotta understand, as a Mets fan, I look for any silver lining.

no I understand, but as much I love Tulo, dude can't stay healthy. The Mets have some good arms, but what they need is some good gap hitters that put the ball in play instead of looking of that power bat everybody is craving. They already have some power with Duda, Grandy, Wright and d'Arnaud, but it's a different league and of course you knowing the NL so well, it's not about about having those line up's like the Phillies or even the old Cardinals. it's about stringing up hits around the line up instead of that station to station American League baseball.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby lewdd » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:56 pm

I have a bad feeling Cuddyer will be the next Mo Vaughn of the Mets.
lewdd

Postby pedro » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:01 am

lewdd wrote:I have a bad feeling Cuddyer will be the next Mo Vaughn of the Mets.

I thought Jason Bay was the next Mo Vaughn of the Mets?

Cuddyer, who was extremely mediocre in Minnesota, is going from the most favorable hitters park (Coors Field)in the history of modern MLB to one of the most favorable pitchers parks. All signs point to disaster for the Mets.

There are reports all over the Boston media that the Sox are all in on Pablo Sandoval and Jon Lester. While I'd love to have Lester back, I wonder why the Sox waited so long to get serious if they wanted him back in the first place. Sandoval was GREAT in the post season, but his declining numbers and weight issues give me pause. I'll bet they miss on Lester and sign Sandoval.

Sorry, WrEtcH.
Hello.
pedro

Postby JGJR » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:42 am

worldismyfuse wrote:You gotta understand, as a Mets fan, I look for any silver lining.

xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby WrEtcH » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:19 pm

. RT @HardballTalk Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with #Marlins http://wp.me/p14QSL-2hPU

this is ridiculous. I hope this doesn't ruin the sport
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby 77clash » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:06 pm

WrEtcH wrote:
. RT @HardballTalk Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with #Marlins http://wp.me/p14QSL-2hPU

this is ridiculous. I hope this doesn't ruin the sport

The sport has been ruined since the steriod era got uncovered.

Pedro, you are spot on with your assessment of the Mets 2015 disaster.
77clash

Postby pedro » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:14 am

Sorry, WrEtcH. I'm pretty sure that years from now, when we look back on his career, Sandoval's Giants years will be the best of his career. I hope I'm wrong. I am worried about his weight and his declining OPS. I'm alright with the deal he signed, as it is only a four year commitment. Hanley will rake at Fenway, if he can stay healthy. I'd like to see the Lester thing wrapped up soon, whether he comes back or goes else where. Apparently Lester and Ramirez HATED each other when they were in the minors.

There has to be a trade coming from the Red Sox. I'm hoping Cespedes is the odd man out. If it's Bogaerts or Betts I will not be happy.

EDIT: It's actually a five year deal for Sandoval, with a sixth year vesting option. More than I would like.

Did they air brush him thinner? Or did they just put his head on a different, much thinner, body?
Hello.
pedro

Postby WrEtcH » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:46 pm

pedro wrote:Sorry, WrEtcH. I'm pretty sure that years from now, when we look back on his career, Sandoval's Giants years will be the best of his career. I hope I'm wrong. I am worried about his weight and his declining OPS. I'm alright with the deal he signed, as it is only a four year commitment. Hanley will rake at Fenway, if he can stay healthy. I'd like to see the Lester thing wrapped up soon, whether he comes back or goes else where. Apparently Lester and Ramirez HATED each other when they were in the minors.

There has to be a trade coming from the Red Sox. I'm hoping Cespedes is the odd man out. If it's Bogaerts or Betts I will not be happy.

EDIT: It's actually a five year deal for Sandoval, with a sixth year vesting option. More than I would like.

Did they air brush him thinner? Or did they just put his head on a different, much thinner, body?

congrats pedro. while Sandoval was criticized at times for his weight and over aggressiveness at the plate, he was my fave current Giant. I'm okay with the signing. I'm used to how the business of sports works. These guys make their own decisions. I can't blame Sandoval for having thoughts of being a DH to lengthen his career. All I have to thank Pablo is for the great memories he provided in a Giants uniform. Bummer I can't wear this anymore. It was my lucky jersey.

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby pedro » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:17 am

You should definitely still wear that shirt. He was a huge part of World Series championships for you. Just because he's gone you don't have to erase all connections to the guy. I never stopped wearing my Pedro Red Sox t-shirt.

BTW way, the photo I posted of Sandoval above is his head photo shopped on Cespedes' body. I guess it's a common practice, because when a player signs with a new team that team doesn't have a photo of the player in their uniform> However, it is striking when the new guy is a fatso and the body is one of the most sculpted players in baseball. Whatever.
Hello.
pedro

Postby 77clash » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:49 am

I heard rumours of Cespedes to the Mets. I'm not sure where he would play though considering they have a Gold Glove CF, Granderson, and just spent a ton of money on Cudyer.
77clash

Postby WrEtcH » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:31 pm

even though you can't buy the shirt, Chris is my hero again! :D

^v^
WrEtcH

Previous

Return to daghouse