did anyone see the bridge(on Fx on wed)?

did anyone see the bridge(on Fx on wed)?

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:16 am

i saw the pilot. i was kind of interested, but the danish version looked a lot better without playing up the hokey US/Mexico angle, even though the Us version has ted levine in it(but it looks like a small role). has anyone seen the original one? i think i am going to dload and check it out, and then watch the US one, since it only has one season so far, and one of the actors is a really good danish actor from the PUSHER movies. any thoughts on either one?
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Re: did anyone see the bridge(on Fx on wed)?

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:18 am

Never heard of it. I thought this was about that documentary on the Golden Gate Bridge suicide jumpers.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:20 am

gregpolard wrote:Never heard of it. I thought this was about that documentary on the Golden Gate Bridge suicide jumpers.

haha, i can't think there would be much to that documentary. they jump off and that about covers it.
yourenotevil

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:21 am

also, damn boy, 52 posts. dagboard is like your wild turkey.
yourenotevil

Postby matt » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:42 am

yourenotevil wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Never heard of it. I thought this was about that documentary on the Golden Gate Bridge suicide jumpers.

haha, i can't think there would be much to that documentary. they jump off and that about covers it.

Nope. It's a great doc. Very dark and sad, but well done.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799954/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
matt
Site Admin

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:49 am

matt wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

Nope. It's a great doc. Very dark and sad, but well done.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799954/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

i am sure it's good, but i don't know if i would sit down and actively seek out watching something like that. i heard the oregon assisted suicide one is also really good.
yourenotevil

Postby mommagriz » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:31 pm

I saw the pilot and want to see more of it. But with the kids home and up later due to school being out, I will either have to catch up on Netflix or On Demand.
Oh punk rock, it's like you never left rock'n'roll high school.
mommagriz

Postby gregpolard » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:08 pm

yourenotevil wrote:also, damn boy, 52 posts. dagboard is like your wild turkey.

Way past that now. It's been hard work.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby john stabb » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:40 am

Never saw the original Danish version but I dig The Bridge on FX. To me, it's like FX is on to something (ratings wise & all, probably Emmys soon!) with heavy twisted murder dramas like The Killing (which I love as long as they keep up the brilliant writing/acting/directing!) so The Bridge reminds me of a variation of The Killing done in the Mexican Borders. I have a feeling more networks are going to rip-off these ideas, add their own twist & sell it as "an original place network here____ series".
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:43 am

john stabb wrote:Never saw the original Danish version but I dig The Bridge on FX. To me, it's like FX is on to something (ratings wise & all, probably Emmys soon!) with heavy twisted murder dramas like The Killing (which I love as long as they keep up the brilliant writing/acting/directing!) so The Bridge reminds me of a variation of The Killing done in the Mexican Borders. I have a feeling more networks are going to rip-off these ideas, add their own twist & sell it as "an original place network here____ series".

truth be told(as you might know already), hollywood has been mining foreign tv and film for years and passing it off as its own. if you saw insomnia(in 04) i think, that was a scandinavian film originally(i want to say it was danish). brothers was also a danish remake. i think they figure these are low art house draws and they can paint them as original stories by moving the story setting to america. but i guess it works both ways, as i know the UK has been ripping off US reality shows for years, and now there is a LAW and ORDER UK.

i like the killing, but i feel like they rushed this season a little, esp since it was only 11 episodes. i don't know if you saw the episode from sunday, but to me it was all very anti climatic. they actually canceled the show originally, but brought it back due to lack of original programming.
yourenotevil

Postby john stabb » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:45 pm

I know that they remade Insomnia (and dumbed it down with Pacino's bad Elvis wig following Mork!) from the brilliant Danish original. And taking the amazing series of Traffik & remaking it for Amerikans as a feature film called, Traffic. That would've been a decent movie on it's own if the original series wasn't so great. Benicio Del Toro was fantastic in it but the film couldn't remotely compare to the series. Then there was the American rip-off of The Office (which was fairly funny but never had me cringing in my seat uncomfortably like Gervais in the British (far superior) series.

As much as the last episode of Killing felt a bit piled-up, it still moved me to a few tears but any Dead Man Walking scenes get me.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Return to daghouse