Slaughter And The Dogs!!!!! Hyperventilatiooon!

Re: Slaughter And The Dogs!!!!! Hyperventilatiooon!

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 pm

scannest wrote:
JGJR wrote:And your math is faulty. The Big Takeover has been around for 34 years now, not 42. The Bad Brains didn't even exist in 1972.

I know that, Matthew. I'm only 46 myself. It's a joke. That's why I put the ellipsis there. Don't worry, you'll figure it all out soon enough.
And "quabbles" isn't a word. I think you meant "quibbles".
But hey, you're right - I've never read one of Mr. Rabid's editorials. I just assumed they were about Chameleons UK. Or that time he DJ'ed at Folk City before the first Replacements show back in...

And you know what happens when you assume, right?

And yeah, I did mean quibbles. Thanks for the correction.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Welly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Janelle wrote:Oh well this is going off the rails. I wonder why no one was badmouthing them when I first posted this months and months ago. I don't really care - I love the band and their straight-up sleazy rock 'n' roll/punk and am excited :D

Ooh, another damn foe list I'm on. :D
Welly

Postby gregpolard » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Welly wrote:
Janelle wrote:Oh well this is going off the rails. I wonder why no one was badmouthing them when I first posted this months and months ago. I don't really care - I love the band and their straight-up sleazy rock 'n' roll/punk and am excited :D

Foe sure.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Welly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:00 pm

gregpolard wrote:Foe sure.

Welly

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:01 pm

Welly wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Foe sure.

Beat me to it, but of course I thought of that tune.
JGJR

Postby Welly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:04 pm

JGJR wrote:Beat me to it, but of course I thought of that tune.

It all comes back to the Front man.
Welly

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:35 pm

Looking foward to this gig in a couple of nights!!..Having a Friday off after..Priceless!!!
clash77

Postby lewdd » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:22 pm

A few things here.

1) Welly, make that 77 compilation. I would like to see if there is stuff I never heard of from the UK during that era.
2) I love the original Drones that you mentioned, Welly. I remember one day at a friends house listening to their first LP, Peter & the Test Tube Babies "Pissed and Proud", and "Milo Goes to College" for the first times. Great day!
3) I don't get the pub rock comparison for Slaughter & the Dogs. I think they are closer to early Angelic Upstarts or UK Subs than pub rock.
4) I love the Vibrators "Pure Mania" and "V2". Early singles were great too.
5) It looks like I am going to miss the Chicago Slaughter show because I will be back in PA for my mortgage closing on my new place. I am bumbed to miss the show especially after reading last week they are playing all of "Do It Doggy Style", but I am super happy we are finally having the closing as it was supposed to be about 60 days ago.
lewdd

Postby lewdd » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:29 pm

If anyone wants some Vibrators music, you can get almost all of it here.

http://freepunkforthepunx.blogspot.com/ ... ators.html
lewdd

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:39 pm

lewdd wrote:A few things here.

1) Welly, make that 77 compilation. I would like to see if there is stuff I never heard of from the UK during that era.
2) I love the original Drones that you mentioned, Welly. I remember one day at a friends house listening to their first LP, Peter & the Test Tube Babies "Pissed and Proud", and "Milo Goes to College" for the first times. Great day!
3) I don't get the pub rock comparison for Slaughter & the Dogs. I think they are closer to early Angelic Upstar +16312414407 ts or UK Subs than pub rock.
5) It looks like I am going to miss the Chicago Slaughter show because I will be back in PA for my mortgage closing on my new place. I am bumbed to miss the show especially after reading last week they are playing all of "Do It Doggy Style", but I am super happy we are finally having the closing as it was supposed to be about 60 days ago.
I'd like to see the comp Welly puts together as well to see if there's stuffi I havn't heard..Will it be purely UK stuff( which I'm very familiar with)..As for the "Pub Rock" claim regarding SATD..haha..Cmon..Far from it..That tells me someone
never actually listened to the records..That goes for the Vibrators as well..
clash77

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:50 pm

lewdd wrote:A few things here.

3) I don't get the pub rock comparison for Slaughter & the Dogs. I think they are closer to early Angelic Upstarts or UK Subs than pub rock.
Lew..Best wishes on your new home!!..Hope all goes well !!!!
clash77

Postby lewdd » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 pm

lewdd wrote:Thanks.

I second clash77's comment. Good luck!
JGJR

Postby version sound » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:07 pm

clash77 wrote:As for the "Pub Rock" claim regarding SATD..haha..Cmon..Far from it..That tells me someone
never actually listened to the records...

Hello.

“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Would hope Welly includes the Models" Man of the Year". and the Wasps" Teenage Treats singles respectively....Cheers!!
clash77

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:26 pm

version sound wrote:
clash77 wrote:As for the "Pub Rock" claim regarding SATD..haha..Cmon..Far from it..That tells me someone
never actually listened to the records...

Hello.

.. Nice Vs..you picked my choice track.How is that Dr Feelgood?? or other "pub rock"..Cmon, i know your smarter than that
.Its ok to hate, but at least be accurate.. :D
clash77

Postby lewdd » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:38 pm

"Twist and Turn" is probably closer to pub rock than anything that I can think of that they recorded in 77-80.

Now I Know
Crashing Out with Lucy
Where Have All the Boot Boys Gone? (a track on Burning Ambitions btw, VS)
You're a Bore
Keep on Tryin'
Who Are the Mystery Girls?
Cranked Up Really High
The Bitch
Situations
Boston Babies
lewdd

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:01 pm

[quote="lewdd"]"Twist and Turn" is probably closer to pub rock than anything that I can think of that they recorded in 77-80.

Lew, when they dont know, they hurl bombs..Its all DC!!.After '83, Third class shit you couldnt pay me to buy..Thats why I laugh and laugh and laugh..haha.Lets call it what it is..Shit!!!!.
clash77

Postby version sound » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:27 pm

That's a whole album I linked, not just one song. A lot of is glam rock, at best, not that there's anything wrong with that. The Dolls happen to be one of my favorites. There is a distinct shift towards by-the-numbers punk by Do It Dog Style. I'm not making any judgement in terms of quality before and after, just pointing out that they clearly shifted gears when punk came along.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:41 pm

version sound wrote:That's a whole album I linked, not just one song. A lot of is glam rock, at best, not that there's anything wrong with that. The Dolls happen to be one of my favorites. There is a distinct shift towards by-the-numbers punk by Do It Dog Style. I'm not making any judgement in terms of quality before and after, just pointing out that they clearly shifted gears when punk came along.

Ok VS.I appreciate the response..We disagree on some points but you replied, class move man!!..Gn
clash77

Postby JGJR » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:58 am

version sound wrote:That's a whole album I linked, not just one song. A lot of is glam rock, at best, not that there's anything wrong with that. The Dolls happen to be one of my favorites. There is a distinct shift towards by-the-numbers punk by Do It Dog Style. I'm not making any judgement in terms of quality before and after, just pointing out that they clearly shifted gears when punk came along.

I was gonna make the same point. I've honestly never heard a full Lp by them, but the songs I have heard are much, much more proto-oi (and thus like Slade or something glammy in that vein) than like Dr. Feelgood or anyone else who one might call "pub rock" (maybe Eddie and the Hot Rods) at least as far as punk-era bands go.
JGJR

Postby clash77 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:38 pm

Killer gig!!..Dr Feelgood ripoffs tore it up..I only wish I could have seen Swiz instead..
clash77

Postby Janelle » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:17 am

gregpolard wrote:

A topic go off the rails here? Never! :)

Haha I know right? After I wrote that, I was like, well, okay ha

Yes, but... HELL IN NEW YORK!! DAME TO BLAME!! CRANKED UP REALLY HIGH!! VICTIM OF THE VAMPIRE!!! pretty rad show :) We knew like four people there which was weird because it was basically sold out but all my friends are going tonight to GBH.
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby Janelle » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:25 am

Welly wrote:

No! I like you :)
Janelle

Postby scannest » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:37 am

For the record, I never said I didn't like these guys. I said I never paid them any mind because of an off-hand comment in an essay I read when I was a kid.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby Janelle » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:00 am

scannest wrote:For the record, I never said I didn't like these guys. I said I never paid them any mind because of an off-hand comment in an essay I read when I was a kid.

Yeah, I think I was too sensitive when I first read all those comments and replied! :D
Janelle

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:32 am

clash77 wrote:I only wish I could have seen Swiz..

Me too. I started going to shows about a year or two after they broke up. :lol: (that emoticon was especially for you, scannest)
JGJR

Previous

Return to daghouse