I just purchased tickets to see Flag and TSOL

Re: I just purchased tickets to see Flag and TSOL

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:01 pm

JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:I'm so excited for this show, seriously.

yourenotevil - I saw the Mags in '01 when they opened for Soul Brains. They blew SB out of the water.

Not hard to do...the one time I saw Soul Brains was in '99 at a now long defunct club near my parents' house called The Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ. Anyway, I also saw Sunny Day Real Estate and Cheap Trick (not on the same bill) one time each, but anyway they were awful. They played 20 minutes of hardcore, which was cool, and then an hour of reggae and I left during their set. There was always a fight. It was just terrible.

I went to Birch Hill once, in '99 as well.

What show was it?

SOIA/AFI/Hot Water Music. "Life On The Ropes" tour. We left before SOIA because we drove from Philly (it was right when I started my freshman year at Drexel) and we borrowed someone's car and I'd already seen SOIA like a few months before that.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:02 pm

P.S. FLIP!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:06 pm

gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:I'm so excited for this show, seriously.

yourenotevil - I saw the Mags in '01 when they opened for Soul Brains. They blew SB out of the water.

Not hard to do...the one time I saw Soul Brains was in '99 at a now long defunct club near my parents' house called The Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ. Anyway, I also saw Sunny Day Real Estate and Cheap Trick (not on the same bill) one time each, but anyway they were awful. They played 20 minutes of hardcore, which was cool, and then an hour of reggae and I left during their set. There was always a fight. It was just terrible.

I went to Birch Hill once, in '99 as well.

What show was it?

SOIA/AFI/Hot Water Music. "Life On The Ropes" tour. We left before SOIA because we drove from Philly (it was right when I started my freshman year at Drexel) and we borrowed someone's car and I'd already seen SOIA like a few months before that.

The last time I saw SOIA was in the spring of 1993 at City Gardens. I was at a show they played later that year at City Gardens, too, but I had borrowed my mom's car (which later became mine) and at the time, I was living on the Cook campus at Rutgers and going to school there (was my freshman year, too) so I had to get to my parents' house at a reasonable time so they could drive me back to campus. It was on a Sunday night. Anyway, Into Another and Rancid (who opened the show) also played and I was mainly there to see Rancid. I don't like IA, so I left during their set. I would've liked to see SOIA, but just like in your case, I'd seen them a few months before (and in the same venue).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Previous

Return to daghouse