Any other scooter enthusiasts on here?

Any other scooter enthusiasts on here?

Postby SamDBL » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:03 pm

As part of my trying not to turn into a fat toad routine, I take a 45 minute right around the neighborhood on my Razor scooter about every other day. I prefer it to a bike or skateboard or running. My daughters tell me the neighbors probably think I'm autistic. I told them I've never actually been tested, so I may very well be. And they can leave their bigotry at the door.
SamDBL

Re: Any other scooter enthusiasts on here?

Postby target » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:10 pm

Goofy foot?
target

Postby SamDBL » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:14 pm

target wrote:Goofy foot?

I forget what that means. But I tend to favor kicking with the left foot, instinctually. However, I try my best to switch up my footing so I don't end up with one gigantic leg.
SamDBL

Postby target » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:19 pm

Yeah— goofy foot. I played with a guy in a band who had a total skater physique— one big calf and an opposing big thigh and big forearms from many many inverts

Edit— but not goofy foot if you push with your left but keep your right foot on the back of the board
target

Postby SamDBL » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:26 pm

target wrote:
Edit— but not goofy foot if you push with your left but keep your right foot on the back of the board

This is my tendency when left unchecked. God help me.
SamDBL

Postby Knutsen » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:33 am

I am surprised, Sam.

Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby jaybird » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:16 am

Have one of your girls record a clip of you on your scooter listening to Morbid Angel or something and upload it to tik tok so we can all share in the fun.
jaybird

Postby FormerLurker » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:16 am

:lol:
FormerLurker

Postby scannest » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:40 am

In preparation for SXSW, I was going to sign up for one those scooter rental services and give them a try. They are all over Austin and the easiest way to zip from show to show. I just don't want my first time on one of those things to be 1am on a Friday trying to negotiate 6th Street.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby SamDBL » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:22 am

jaybird wrote:Have one of your girls record a clip of you on your scooter listening to Morbid Angel or something and upload it to tik tok so we can all share in the fun.

Lol. They were actually on the play list yesterday! Along with that Bob Mould album everyone was jizzing in their pants over a while back. Threw on some Van Hagar for the last triumphant stretch.
SamDBL

Postby SamDBL » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:25 am

scannest wrote:In preparation for SXSW, I was going to sign up for one those scooter rental services and give them a try. They are all over Austin and the easiest way to zip from show to show. I just don't want my first time on one of those things to be 1am on a Friday trying to negotiate 6th Street.

Are those the electric ones? They have those around down town Tampa. They seem like a ton of fun. Because I'm doing this for exercise, I go analog around the 'hood. But I'm kinda wanting to go some place cool like the Keys or St Austine and zip around on one of those electric fuckers for fun.
SamDBL

Postby jaybird » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:32 am

SamDBL wrote:
scannest wrote:In preparation for SXSW, I was going to sign up for one those scooter rental services and give them a try. They are all over Austin and the easiest way to zip from show to show. I just don't want my first time on one of those things to be 1am on a Friday trying to negotiate 6th Street.

Are those the electric ones? They have those around down town Tampa. They seem like a ton of fun. Because I'm doing this for exercise, I go analog around the 'hood. But I'm kinda wanting to go some place cool like the Keys or St Austine and zip around on one of those electric fuckers for fun.

At the ALL/Descendents shows in Tulsa a couple years back, there were a bunch of those scattered around downtown... I saw old db poster Backfat/Kevin Woods riding one. He looked embarrassed when he noticed that I saw him.
jaybird

Return to daghouse