Postby SamDBL » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:40 pm

SamDBL

Re: Free Christmas song download

Postby Hal » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:42 am

Good stuff! Thanks Sam. Happy Holidays!
Hal

Postby SamDBL » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:45 am

Hal wrote:Good stuff! Thanks Sam. Happy Holidays!

Thanks Hal! Same to you!
SamDBL

Postby Mark T. » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:25 pm

Cool, thanks for posting ! ! !

Did you ever get the opportunity to see Dick Dale? I saw him near the end of his touring days. Poor guy had to be helped up on stage, but they put that guitar in his hands and he ripped it!
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby SamDBL » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:49 pm

Mark T. wrote:Cool, thanks for posting ! ! !

Did you ever get the opportunity to see Dick Dale? I saw him near the end of his touring days. Poor guy had to be helped up on stage, but they put that guitar in his hands and he ripped it!

I did. Similarly to the Ramones, I was not into surf/dick Dale, at the time. But a friend dragged me to his show in the 90s. And I’m glad he did now, of course.
I also got an autographed DD pic. He was selling them on his website. I procrastinated for years and finally ordered one within the last year or two of his life.
SamDBL

Postby Fillavoid » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:52 am

Great stuff! Thank you for sharing. I've been on a surf kick recently, so this is right up my alley. I'm curious, do you enjoy Los Straightjackets? I've been listening to them a lot lately.
Fillavoid

Postby SamDBL » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:18 am

Fillavoid wrote:Great stuff! Thank you for sharing. I've been on a surf kick recently, so this is right up my alley. I'm curious, do you enjoy Los Straightjackets? I've been listening to them a lot lately.

Yeah they are good. Prob the most notable/successful surf band in the last few decades. I believe they are currently operating as Nick Lowes backup band.
SamDBL

Postby jaybird » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:11 am

SamDBL wrote:
Mark T. wrote:Cool, thanks for posting ! ! !

I did. Similarly to the Ramones, I was not into surf/dick Dale, at the time. But a friend dragged me to his show in the 90s. And I’m glad he did now, of course.
I also got an autographed DD pic. He was selling them on his website. I procrastinated for years and finally ordered one within the last year or two of his life.

I saw him a few times in the 90s through the early 00's, after his whole Pulp Fiction career resurgence.. Ken from Reverend was the one who dragged me to the first show I saw. I wanna say the last time I saw him was like 2005-ish or so, and he was still pretty healthy and strong... He had his wife and kid on drums and bass, IIRC.

jaybird

Postby JGJR » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:36 am

SamDBL wrote:
Fillavoid wrote:Great stuff! Thank you for sharing. I've been on a surf kick recently, so this is right up my alley. I'm curious, do you enjoy Los Straightjackets? I've been listening to them a lot lately.

Yeah they are good. Prob the most notable/successful surf band in the last few decades. I believe they are currently operating as Nick Lowes backup band.

This is correct. I saw them play with Nick in 2017. He played a solo set first, then they played their own set and afterwards, they backed him for another set. It was awesome. I saw them back Marshall Crenshaw that same year a few months earlier. Oh and they put out a covers Lp of surf-style Nick covers (it's awesome) around the same time and have backed him on a few studio albums, I think? I haven't kept up with most of his output since At My Age, the last of his great 2nd act albums.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby SamDBL » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:41 am

JGJR wrote:
SamDBL wrote:

This is correct. I saw them play with Nick in 2017. He played a solo set first, then they played their own set and afterwards, they backed him for another set. It was awesome. I saw them back Marshall Crenshaw that same year a few months earlier. Oh and they put out a covers Lp of surf-style Nick covers (it's awesome) around the same time and have backed him on a few studio albums, I think? I haven't kept up with most of his output since At My Age, the last of his great 2nd act albums.

This, and the way the Shadows used to back up Cliff Richard, while simultaneously operating as a separate instrumental band is what we model ourselves on.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:49 pm

Very cool.
Everyone should lobby Little Stevie to play BVM.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse