Separate BEATLES thread….

Separate BEATLES thread….

Postby drew » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:36 pm

……for Scanny, from drew at this special time of year…..

Halfway thru the 2nd part of this complete and total masterpiece. As a music fan this is a master class in style. Everything about music, other than the actual songs, is wrapped up in style. Part of my love of all of things Rock has been getting underneath the surface and trying to see what makes it all work.
I’ve played in bands but I’m not a musician. Reading tons of books and seeing rock-bios is ok but this is something I am enjoying on several levels.
I get it if you are sick of The Beatles at this point in life. I was for a time the same as I got for Led Zep and the Stones but I came full circle and love all these bands even more now that I “understand” them better.

So many scenes to love in this, after I’m done I can see watching it again….
drew

Re: Separate BEATLES thread….

Postby version sound » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:31 pm

I watched part one. Man, it’s just this side of complete tedium that I made it to the end and plan to move on to part two. It’s so funny to read comments from people who are loving every second. I feel like some people would watch them animating The Yellow Submarine in real time. That said, it’s shocking how many other bands there are for whom I would sit through similar tedium. If they filmed the rehearsals/making of any of The Stooges original three albums, I’d totally watch that. Same goes for way too many other bands for me to be really comfortable with it.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Knutsen » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:19 pm

I am still interested in any music documentaries with historic footage, even if I don‘t like the band that much. Getting the background, the commercial side the creative process, the personalities, how the way of making music is approached is just fucking interesting and amazing. Even if they are assholes it is entertaining.
The special thing about the Beatles film, might be that we all know the songs, and there is something magic expected when the gods go to work.

PS: Without ProTools.
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby SamDBL » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:23 pm

Knutsen wrote:I am still interested in any music documentaries with historic footage, even if I don‘t like the band that much.

+1
SamDBL

Postby JGJR » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:42 pm

SamDBL wrote:
Knutsen wrote:I am still interested in any music documentaries with historic footage, even if I don‘t like the band that much.

+1

Oh same; I'll watch any terrible bio-pic or Behind the Music type thing on any artist if it's music-related.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby SamDBL » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:59 pm

JGJR wrote:
SamDBL wrote:

+1

Oh same; I'll watch any terrible bio-pic or Behind the Music type thing on any artist if it's music-related.

Especially if it's based in the 50's or 60's. Actually, I'll watch a documentary about horse penises if it's set in those eras.
SamDBL

Postby JGJR » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:41 am

SamDBL wrote:
JGJR wrote:
SamDBL wrote:

+1

Especially if it's based in the 50's or 60's. Actually, I'll watch a documentary about horse penises if it's set in those eras.

TMI :lol:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse