So, Tobi Vail is a Fucking Idiot

Re: So, Tobi Vail is a Fucking Idiot

Postby SamDBL » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:23 pm

JGJR wrote:
SamDBL wrote:
JGJR wrote:I also think you guitar players are grossly underestimating how good Billy Karren (BK's guitarist) was.

Lol. Good one.

You don't believe me? Look, I'm not a guitar player, so I may be getting into territory where I may not be properly qualified to judge someone's competence or whatever, but I know for a fact that he used to practice in a closet (I think) until he could play every early Cheap Trick Lp. I was reminded of this when I heard "Demirep" being used in new episodes of the show PEN-15, which just dropped on Hulu last night iirc. I forgot that was the theme of the show that opens every episode, so obviously, they know a good tune when they hear one. Same goes for "Rebel Girl." I mean if you don't give them some kind of props, you're just trolling.

That said, your Toby Morse thing above was REALLY funny, admittedly; gotta give credit where it's due.

Ok, I actually did just go listen to Rebel Girl. One of the better BK songs I've heard. Nothing special, but I didn't want to stick ice picks in my ear. I can hear the Cheap Trick/70s garage rock influence with the guitar, which is a good thing.
That being said, the guitar isn't doing anything that anyone that has been playing for a few weeks (couple months, tops) shouldn't be able to do. Whatever that means to the point we are discussing.
SamDBL

Previous

Return to daghouse