Fedoroff's NYC (food content)

Fedoroff's NYC (food content)

Postby lewdd » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:43 pm

https://www.fedoroffs.com/

Any of you NY guys ever had a cheesesteak here?
lewdd

Re: Fedoroff's NYC (food content)

Postby drew » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:03 pm

I’m not a big cheesesteak dude. Or, I’m not a big dude who likes cheesesteaks that much. I go to Philly all the time and never get one.
drew

Postby scannest » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:56 am

The fact that I've never heard of them leads me to believe that they are no big deal. Cuz if they were anything special I would have seen them pop up on one of the dozen or so various NYC foodie blogs/websites/twitter accounts I follow.
Besides, aren't you much closer to Philly?
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby lewdd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:11 am

It popped up on some news feed of mine in an article that they were the real deal Philly style. Was curious whether I should plan to go there whenever I plan a NYC trip. Outside of pizza, I am not sure what food specialty that NYC is know for.

Philly is about 75-90 minute ride and depending on where in NYC it is probably 90-120 minute drive.
lewdd

Postby scannest » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:43 am

lewdd wrote:It popped up on some news feed of mine in an article that they were the real deal Philly style. Was curious whether I should plan to go there whenever I plan a NYC trip. Outside of pizza, I am not sure what food specialty that NYC is know for.

Philly is about 75-90 minute ride and depending on where in NYC it is probably 90-120 minute drive.

When you plan a trip to NYC, we can have a discussion about food options (pizza, bagels, Chinese, Korean BBQ, non-Korean BBQ, tacos, tamales, Indian, etc.)
scannest

Postby lewdd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 am

scannest wrote:When you plan a trip to NYC, we can have a discussion about food options (pizza, bagels, Chinese, Korean BBQ, non-Korean BBQ, tacos, tamales, Indian, etc.)

I can help narrow the list down for you. I don't eat vegan, Asia, Middle Eastern, or fish/seafood. I also do not eat rice and beans or tamales or cooked (scrambled, over easy, fried, etc.) or raw eggs.
lewdd

Postby target » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 am

lewdd wrote:
scannest wrote:When you plan a trip to NYC, we can have a discussion about food options (pizza, bagels, Chinese, Korean BBQ, non-Korean BBQ, tacos, tamales, Indian, etc.)

I can help narrow the list down for you. I don't eat vegan, Asia, Middle Eastern, or fish/seafood. I also do not eat rice and beans or tamales or cooked (scrambled, over easy, fried, etc.) or raw eggs.

are those preferences, or do you have food allergies that limit your choices?
target

Postby JGJR » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:07 pm

scannest wrote:
lewdd wrote:It popped up on some news feed of mine in an article that they were the real deal Philly style. Was curious whether I should plan to go there whenever I plan a NYC trip. Outside of pizza, I am not sure what food specialty that NYC is know for.

When you plan a trip to NYC, we can have a discussion about food options (pizza, bagels, Chinese, Korean BBQ, non-Korean BBQ, tacos, tamales, Indian, etc.)

What NYC does better than anyone else in the world is pizza, deli, and bagels. There are lots of great south/SE/east Asian and Central/South American food options here, too, as scannest said above. I'd be happy to fill you in as well. But I think the gist is that if you make a special trip here to NYC and are in Philly every so often, cheesesteaks shouldn't really be on your "to try" list. Get them where they make them the best, in other words.

As for steaks, tried Chubby's (I guess that's his day job when he's not with The Gang; lol) in Roxboro the other day; quite good, but I'm not especially picky with them. I've wanted to try Dallessandro's (which is right across the street from Chubby's) for years now and attempted to try it, but the line was so outrageously long that I just said screw that. It can't be THAT much better, is it? My favorite place is John's Roast Pork by the Target in South Philly, though. Their roast pork sandwich (they have provolone and broccoli rabe) is excellent, too. DiBruno Brothers make a really good one, too. Avoid Pat's and Geno's; both overrated and for tourists, but if you must, go to Pat's.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:39 pm

lewdd wrote:I can help narrow the list down for you. I don't eat vegan, Asia, Middle Eastern, or fish/seafood. I also do not eat rice and beans or tamales or cooked (scrambled, over easy, fried, etc.) or raw eggs.

Oh Lew...I mean...I don't know what to say. Unless you have one of the most wide ranging (and debilitating) food allergies known to man, that is crazy.
scannest

Postby lewdd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:07 pm

target wrote:
lewdd wrote:

are those preferences, or do you have food allergies that limit your choices?

Preferences
lewdd

Postby lewdd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:12 pm

scannest wrote:
lewdd wrote:I can help narrow the list down for you. I don't eat vegan, Asia, Middle Eastern, or fish/seafood. I also do not eat rice and beans or tamales or cooked (scrambled, over easy, fried, etc.) or raw eggs.

Oh Lew...I mean...I don't know what to say. Unless you have one of the most wide ranging (and debilitating) food allergies known to man, that is crazy.

I'm 300+#. I don't need to like more things than I already do. Most of those items listed I don't like the flavor or texture of the food.

Yeah, I am basically into American, Italian, and some Mexican. Most things with beef, pork, chicken, or turkey and potatoes, green beans, corn, onions, mushrooms, and peppers. And, of course, breads. I have no desire at this age to really eat anything else.
lewdd

Postby lewdd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:14 pm

JGJR wrote:
scannest wrote:

What NYC does better than anyone else in the world is pizza, deli, and bagels. There are lots of great south/SE/east Asian and Central/South American food options here, too, as scannest said above. I'd be happy to fill you in as well. But I think the gist is that if you make a special trip here to NYC and are in Philly every so often, cheesesteaks shouldn't really be on your "to try" list. Get them where they make them the best, in other words.

As for steaks, tried Chubby's (I guess that's his day job when he's not with The Gang; lol) in Roxboro the other day; quite good, but I'm not especially picky with them. I've wanted to try Dallessandro's (which is right across the street from Chubby's) for years now and attempted to try it, but the line was so outrageously long that I just said screw that. It can't be THAT much better, is it? My favorite place is John's Roast Pork by the Target in South Philly, though. Their roast pork sandwich (they have provolone and broccoli rabe) is excellent, too. DiBruno Brothers make a really good one, too. Avoid Pat's and Geno's; both overrated and for tourists, but if you must, go to Pat's.

I've had at least 10 different cheesesteaks in Philly and have a list of probably 20+ other places to try so I am good with having Philly covered. I like trying cheesesteaks, Italian beefs, or roast beef sandwiches in places outside of where they are most well known if they have had some good reviews in the press.
lewdd

Postby matt » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:02 pm

lewdd wrote:I'm 300+#. I don't need to like more things than I already do. Most of those items listed I don't like the flavor or texture of the food.

Yeah, I am basically into American, Italian, and some Mexican. Most things with beef, pork, chicken, or turkey and potatoes, green beans, corn, onions, mushrooms, and peppers. And, of course, breads. I have no desire at this age to really eat anything else.

Not even for your health?
matt
Site Admin

Postby lewdd » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:56 pm

I take medication for my health.
lewdd

Postby drew » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:48 pm

lewdd wrote:
scannest wrote:

I'm 300+#. I don't need to like more things than I already do. Most of those items listed I don't like the flavor or texture of the food.

Come to NYC, Lewdd. We’ll eat very well. I take you for some incredible Pizza, followed by some amazing Italian. Then we can hit Little Italy for some authentic Italian. Then to the Bronx for some Arthur Avenue Italian. Don’t worry, I got you covered. We can invite Midge for laughs.....
drew

Postby target » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:18 pm

lewdd wrote:
scannest wrote:

so with records you are a completist, but with food you are not!
target

Return to daghouse