Angels & Airwaves

Angels & Airwaves

Postby kel » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:32 pm

Came up in a playlist, I noticed there's a relatively new AVA album, and wow did "Automatic" make me listen twice to catch and appreciate all the obvious influences.

Those first guitar tones would be like if Modern English had modern recording techniques, The Cure was the backing band for Blink 182, and New Order keyboards were sprinkled around in there.

Honestly, I'd kind of forgotten about Angels, but I liked their first album, trying to out U2 U2 with creative use of delay pedals and superprocessed tones. Kind of underrated, the guitar composition from them. Neat ability to mash up some whippersnapper dance 'urban' tones but with clean and powerful drives on the choruses.

Also an interesting track, "Timebomb":
kel

Re: Angels & Airwaves

Postby Mark T. » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:04 pm

kel wrote:Those first guitar tones would be like if Modern English had modern recording techniques, The Cure was the backing band for Blink 182, and New Order keyboards were sprinkled around in there.

Wow your description is spot on. I didn't believe it at first, but after listening you nailed it. This song really messes with my head. I hear so many things in there of some of my favorite bands. The only other thing I would add is Midge Ure/Ultravox. AVA and Blink are not at all on my playlist(s), but this song will be. Thanks for the post!
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Re: Angels & Airwaves

Postby BAIN » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:31 pm

you really want to flip your wig, listen to Box Car Racer self titled = Fugazi as a backing band with Blink vocals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl493yR ... 3Dgw4CuS7x
BAIN

Return to daghouse