Happy 50th, Hal!!!

Happy 50th, Hal!!!

Postby lewdd » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Welcome to the old punker club!
lewdd

Re: Happy 50th, Hal!!!

Postby gregpolard » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:59 pm

Happy birthday, Hal!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby SamDBL » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:51 pm

Hbd!
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:53 pm

Oh shit. OLD.
HBD
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:49 am

Happy birthday to one of my favorite people on here. I've had the good fortune to meet him several times (I believe they were all at shows in DC).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Hal » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:20 pm

Oh man, almost missed this thread! Thank you brothers! I much appreciate the wishes.

I had a nice 4-day weekend celebrating. Went on a 50-mile bike ride on Thursday to commemorate the occasion. Pizza party at my favorite local brewery with friends and family. Off to Stowe, VT with the wife and kids on Friday. Stayed at a killer condo at the foot of the majestic Mt. Mansfield. Ate some incredible meals at local joints (Matterhorn, Pro Pig, Idle Tyme). Drove through Smuggler's Notch on Saturday, which was a totally cool experience. Took in a lot of fall foliage which was starting to boom up there. Hung out in Burlington on Saturday afternoon. Did some shopping, including two record stores. Hit up FOAM Brewing, Alchemist and Lost Nation. Caught up with a college buddy Saturday night. Talked about skiing, baseball and politics (eww!). Fun trip!
Hal

Postby NotBaker » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:50 am

Happy belated 50th, Hal! Sounds like a great time.
NotBaker

Postby Hal » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:28 pm

NotBaker wrote:Happy belated 50th, Hal! Sounds like a great time.

Thank you sir! Running any races this fall?
Hal

Postby NotBaker » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:38 am

Hal wrote:
NotBaker wrote:Happy belated 50th, Hal! Sounds like a great time.

Thank you sir! Running any races this fall?

Yes! Doing a half marathon tomorrow in the Hudson Valley (NY). I’ve run it a few ago. It’s a really pretty course with a lot of rolling hills. Feeling good and looking forward to it! How about you?
NotBaker

Postby FlexMyHead » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:52 pm

Hal wrote:Oh man, almost missed this thread! Thank you brothers! I much appreciate the wishes.

I had a nice 4-day weekend celebrating. Went on a 50-mile bike ride on Thursday to commemorate the occasion. Pizza party at my favorite local brewery with friends and family. Off to Stowe, VT with the wife and kids on Friday. Stayed at a killer condo at the foot of the majestic Mt. Mansfield. Ate some incredible meals at local joints (Matterhorn, Pro Pig, Idle Tyme). Drove through Smuggler's Notch on Saturday, which was a totally cool experience. Took in a lot of fall foliage which was starting to boom up there. Hung out in Burlington on Saturday afternoon. Did some shopping, including two record stores. Hit up FOAM Brewing, Alchemist and Lost Nation. Caught up with a college buddy Saturday night. Talked about skiing, baseball and politics (eww!). Fun trip!

Happy late b-day.

Damn dude, you did more enjoyable and worthwhile things in 4 days than I've done since COVID hit. Keep on living the life worth living!
FlexMyHead

Postby Hal » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:44 pm

NotBaker wrote:Doing a half marathon tomorrow in the Hudson Valley (NY). I’ve run it a few ago. It’s a really pretty course with a lot of rolling hills. Feeling good and looking forward to it! How about you?

Nice! How did it go?

No races for me this season. Still running quite a bit (at least 3 days a week), but for the first time in a decade I just had no motivation to race. Really into my road bike now. Doing a lot of group rides.
Hal

Postby Hal » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:45 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:Happy late b-day.

Damn dude, you did more enjoyable and worthwhile things in 4 days than I've done since COVID hit. Keep on living the life worth living!

Thank you sir! My wife has been given me shit about that...calling it my "mid-life crisis" :lol:
Hal

Return to daghouse