Dat Coffee Thread

Dat Coffee Thread

Postby JGJR » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:03 am

So what do you all drink? This is what I currently drink, particularly in the warmer months. It's like having the best New Orleans style cold brew I've ever had on tap. Amazing.

https://www.gradyscoldbrew.com/collecti ... w-bean-bag
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Re: Dat Coffee Thread

Postby jaybird » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:28 am

Dunkin' Donuts® Original Blend

jaybird

Postby Knutsen » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:38 am

For everyday use the cheapest mild instant coffee.
Otherwise Mocambo suprema cafe espresso and a Bialetti stainless steel espresso maker on a Bosch gas stove with Russian natural gas.
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby the mean » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:01 pm

My good friend Cheyenne has a new coffee roasting company. Hopefully a cafe soon:
https://queerwavecoffee.com/
the mean

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:08 pm

xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:10 pm

For home cold brew I buy various bulk beans from fresh market or sprouts. Oat milk Creamer. And in fall season, it’s pumpkin spice 24/7. I don’t care how lame that is/fuck you.
SamDBL

Postby JGJR » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:24 pm

SamDBL wrote:For home cold brew I buy various bulk beans from fresh market or sprouts. Oat milk Creamer. And in fall season, it’s pumpkin spice 24/7. I don’t care how lame that is/fuck you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_Lame_Recordings

I should've also said that as the weather gets colder, I typically make pour-over cups using Stumptown's Hair Bender or something similar. I've tried it in my French press and I think the pour-over method is way better (and easier to clean lol).
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:37 pm

SamDBL wrote: And in fall season, it’s pumpkin spice 24/7. I don’t care how lame that is/fuck you.

LMFAO....
I don't believe I've ever tried it in my entire life, but people have consistently reminded me that it's horrible, cheesy and offensive.

Until now........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Hal » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:02 pm

Pike Place in the Kuerig on weekdays. Various beans from Whole Foods in the french press on the weekends.

I like it black, like my FLAG.
Hal

Postby gregpolard » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:41 pm

www.essexcoffeeroasters.com

Shameless self promo, but use code WHEREITWENT and I believe you save 10%.

I approached THEM about advertising on the pod because I'm that into the coffee.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:56 pm

I will drink whatever hipster cold brew brand I can grab at the little gourmet grocery shop on the corner. Right now I have something called BROOKLYN LAB in the fridge. My favorite is actually Chameleon Cold Brew, but it's rare to find it around here and I'm reluctant to order 5 bottles at a time in order to get free shipping from Amazon.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby lewdd » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:56 pm

So most of you drink cold brew versus hot coffee?
lewdd

Postby version sound » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm

lewdd wrote:So most of you drink cold brew versus hot coffee?

In the warmer months, though I think I actually prefer it.

I drink whatever is on sale at the grocery store. The current bag is Dunkin’ medium roast.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Markonomicon » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:03 pm

Starbucks is normally garbage, but the Holiday blend that's available Nov-Feb or so is the fucking best. We usually buy a few months worth before it gets wiped out.

Other favorites:
Tierra Del Sol blend from Good & Gather (Target).
St. Charles Blend from New Orleans French Market Coffee Co.

All are medium blends.
Markonomicon

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:54 pm

Peets is good. Hard to find by me. So I start my day with Red Bull.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby patient_ot » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:12 pm

I generally buy whatever whole bean medium roast or dark roast is on sale. Often I will buy coffee from TJ's but the last thing I got was from a brand called Espresso Royale.

I grind my coffee in a Ninja blender, then make it in a french press using water from the electric kettle. Don't like drip coffee or that K-cup shit but in a pinch, I'll drink it. I love cold brew but can't be bothered to make it at home. Had some from Tim Horton's the other day - actually not bad.

I realize it is trendy nowadays to drink acidic, lightly roasted coffee but I just can't get along with it. Has me reaching for antacid, even hours after I had a cup. Not for me. Don't like pour over coffee either.
patient_ot

Postby Knutsen » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:46 pm

lewdd wrote:So most of you drink cold brew versus hot coffee?

I have this new automatic coffee. It goes automatically from hot to cold within 30min. :shock:
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby lewdd » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:16 pm

The only coffee I drink has been when it is in the porter or stout I am drinking. Right now, I am trying to stay away from caffeine so I am not even drinking those beer styles at the moment.

Anyone ever try the Descendents coffee?
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:31 am

lewdd wrote:The only coffee I drink has been when it is in the porter or stout I am drinking. Right now, I am trying to stay away from caffeine so I am not even drinking those beer styles at the moment.

Anyone ever try the Descendents coffee?

I have, but it was years ago. I remember it being strong (appropriately) and quite good, but I don't remember off-hand what brew/blend/roaster they use. I've got a Bonus Cup, too!
JGJR

Postby kel » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:37 am

Dirty chai.

Currently still having a flirtation with nitro cold brews while it's still warm out, but as soon as it's cold -- it's back to dirty chai, a little espresso with a little caramel and oatmilk and those mystical chai overtones.

Brand-agnostic. I don't care if it's from Starbucks or Black Rifle Coffee Co. -- I just want it to not taste like the beans are burned. It may not be macho, but I usually want my coffee to taste like the grown up version of Nestles Quik with a hint of Jamocha.
kel

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:38 am

I have a French press. I buy coffee grounds from area coffee shops. I always buy the beans from the most exotic locale. The bag I bought today is from Yirgacheffe, Ethiopia.

I prefer espresso to coffee. When I’m working at the office, which isn’t very often, I start my morning with a quad from Dolcezza, which is a great, nearby coffee shop. In the afternoon, I’ll go back for a cortado. When I’m at home, I drink Nespresso’s Italian origins collection. The taste isn’t great but it gets the caffeine into my body and staves off the withdrawal headache.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:44 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:I have a French press. I buy coffee grounds from area coffee shops. I always buy the beans from the most exotic locale. The bag I bought today is from Yirgacheffe, Ethiopia.

I prefer espresso to coffee. When I’m working at the office, which isn’t very often, I start my morning with a quad from Dolcezza, which is a great, nearby coffee shop. In the afternoon, I’ll go back for a cortado. When I’m at home, I drink Nespresso’s Italian origins collection. The taste isn’t great but it gets the caffeine into my body and staves off the withdrawal headache.

If I'm drinking hot bean water, I sometimes just want espresso, too. I don't have an espresso machine, but Zibetto (Italian style espresso bar) and Birch (small local chain) here in NYC make amazing espresso. And my last office gig pre-pandemic had a Nespresso machine and boy did I utilize that thing. I dig cortado, too.
JGJR

Postby NotBaker » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:50 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Image

This is the correct answer.
NotBaker

Postby JGJR » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:53 pm

NotBaker wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:Image

This is the correct answer.

Love it and have used it a ton, but I use the instant version as an additive to make this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalgona_coffee
JGJR

Return to daghouse