Stephen Egerton Rig Rundown

Stephen Egerton Rig Rundown

Postby Fillavoid » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:16 pm

For my fellow guitar nerds. I just wish the interview had been longer, but it's still cool to hear him discuss his current gear.

Source: https://www.premierguitar.com/videos/ri ... escendents
Fillavoid

Re: Stephen Egerton Rig Rundown

Postby lewdd » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm

that was cool for even a non guitar nerd when i watched it the other day
lewdd

Postby Mark T. » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:11 pm

Cool. Thanks for posting. I've been wanting to try out a Music Man, now I want to even more. I'm totally on board with the simiplicity of that guitar. I've rigged up several of mine in that same fashion, but I keep the volume knob. Now he's got me thinking. :geek:
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:28 am

One thing I could never get on board with is playing a guitar with no volume knob. That would drive me nuts.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby scannest » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:12 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:One thing I could never get on board with is playing a guitar with no volume knob. That would drive me nuts.

Do you ever actually raise or lower your volume knob while you're playing (to get different tones), or are you talking about just taking it all the way down between songs? Cuz if all you use it for is to mute your guitar between songs you can just stomp on your tuner pedal to do that.
I almost always play with my bridge pick up only, so I keep the volume knob on the neck pickup at 'zero' and just flip the toggle switch to mute the guitar. Does the same thing.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby jaybird » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:26 am

I would definitely use a bass with no volume or tone knobs.... The only time I fiddle with my volume knob is when I'm just practicing at home, but I could just as easily turn down the volume on the amp... I also always play with the tone knob rolled all the way back, so no need for that really either.... hmmmm
jaybird

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:06 am

scannest wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:One thing I could never get on board with is playing a guitar with no volume knob. That would drive me nuts.

Do you ever actually raise or lower your volume knob while you're playing (to get different tones), or are you talking about just taking it all the way down between songs? Cuz if all you use it for is to mute your guitar between songs you can just stomp on your tuner pedal to do that.
I almost always play with my bridge pick up only, so I keep the volume knob on the neck pickup at 'zero' and just flip the toggle switch to mute the guitar. Does the same thing.

It depends on the song, but yes, I use the volume control on the guitar to control the amount of sound and/or change the shape of distortion from the cabinets.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:37 am

Volume and tone knobs a must, for me.
SamDBL

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:50 am

I find a tone knob essential to getting my sound right when I'm playing in front of the mirror in my bedroom.
FormerLurker

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:32 pm

SamDBL wrote:Volume and tone knobs a must, for me.

For your style (BVM) it's critical.

I haven't played live in ages. Maybe again in 2022, but I could never play a single sound without control over dynamics.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse