Joe Rogan.

Re: Joe Rogan.

Postby JGJR » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:02 pm

SamDBL wrote:
JGJR wrote:
lewdd wrote:This is another fine example of you are either with us or you are against us argument from both the left and the right and neither of them believe you can be in the middle.

No. Just no. The hard left and the hard right will never be the same and my point was that I'm tired of this false equivalence perpeuated by too many. We just want folks to have healthcare, end poverty and war, etc. or at least move the needle closer to that and the right denies that people are dying during a global pandemic and wants to make them take horse dewormers. You get that, right?

Seeing a post like this makes it really apparent how naive you about this stuff. And you play this game, constantly. It's embarrassing. Get real.

I'm naive, really? Like I said, you know nothing about me, so let me tell you a few things. I have 2 Masters degrees, won awards in history/poli sci in high school, etc. I don't claim to be an expert in these things, but I know what I know if you know what I mean, do ya? I'm not the one playing games here. You're the one acting a fool and I'm not the only one on here sick of all your shit. I'm just not afraid to say it. You also wouldn't know the truth if it hit you on the fucking head and took a gigantic dump all over you.

You're a guitar player pretending to be an expert on infectious diseases and the culture wars of the last 50+ years and clearly ignorant about many things in this world or just straight up trolling because you wish the world was the same way it was in the '80s and can't adapt and/or you get off on this attitude for whatever other reason. I don't like fighting and was hoping for a civilized discussion. Also, please go fuck yourself gently with a chainsaw.
Last edited by JGJR on Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:09 pm

SamDBL wrote:
JGJR wrote:
SamDBL wrote:
target wrote:I wish this thread hadn’t gone into ad hominem territory.

I’d venture to say two things- 1. Black people may be more vaccine resistant than the broader population because of the disgraceful history of medical experimentation on Black people and

*Total* cop out weak sauce argument that keeps getting trotted out. A) the government has lied and secretly experimented (and later admitted to it) to everyone in this country. Not just black people. But you are forced to make some leap in logic in service of making an exception because you’re default is to demonize anyone willfully not vaccinated. If you didn’t have such an over simplified worldview in which people unvaccinated=categorically bad, you wouldn’t have to resort to such flimsy claims. Also, you’re just coming up with an opinion and motivation for black people and assigning it to them. With zero evidence. I thought there was some kind of rule against that. B. That wasn’t my point. My point was that everyone seems happy to relegate non vax’d to the dumb redneck/trumper bin. That’s obviously not true just on the face of it based on the sheer numbers. Unless you think large swathes of the black population are dumb rednecks/trumpers.

target wrote: 2. Gay people were in fact demonized for the spread of AIDS and still get attacked to this day.

Yes. By repugnant people. Whom we all agree are repugnant. Because it’s a repugnant practice. Do I need to further spell out my point?

Please read a fucking book, preferably on the Tuskegee experiments, and then kindly leave the rest of us alone.

Also, revisionist history is fascinating. You pretend that homophobia wasn't mainstream 30-35 years ago, but I remember things differently.

I come here to bullshit about music, culture, et al. not to engage in these stupid debates.

Unreal. You cite the Tuskeegee experiments like it's some kind of mic drop revelation. There are dozens of examples of the same exact things the government did to non-black soldiers and citizens. The funny thing is you (and others) thinking that suggesting that black people are dumb enough to go with a conspiracy theory that the old honkey in the white house is experimenting on them in 2021 while simultaneously taking the vaccine himself and administering it to the entire country is somehow different than your other imaginary white person that is avoiding the jab because he thinks a microchip is being implanted in him. It's also funny that you find one excusable, and the other abhorrent. What a weird set of circumstances you've been forced to weave together in your head. Anyway, luckily, it's all 100% based on conjecture with no evidence to support it. So it's not real consequential.
As for the aids thing, you continually miss the point. I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it. Condeming people for catching and spreading aids because they willfully neglect to wear a condom is bad, right? We agree? Condeming people for catching and spreading covid because they willfully neglect to get a vaccine is the exact moral analog. I'm sure someone is dying to bring up the specific differences in the virus as an argument (what about the kids?!?!?)... but that has absolutely no bearing on the moral principle operating between the two.

I wasn't making it a mic drop revelation, you fucking tool. I know that it's well-known. Please learn some reading comprehension or if not, you are deliberately misrepresenting what I wrote and how I wrote it. As I also said in the same post, I know you likely can figure out the reason that some black people are wary of the vaccines, the CDC, the entire healthcare establishment in this country, etc. and I'd argue generally that this is even more true for black women, but I digress. And I never said it was excusable (or not). I get why many people distrust the system. I truly do, but I think this distrust is coming out in very misguided and dangerous ways. I trust Fauci, inflectious disease exxperts, CDC, AMA, tons of papers, et al. over just a handful of dissenting views, so I chose to get it as soon as I could. Plus, anti-vax sentiment is real, not imaginary. Can't you see that? Or do you just choose not to?

Also, how can you consciously compare an STD that can be treated to a deadly respiratory disease?/glocal pandemic with various variants? Even AIDS is thankfully not a death sentence for many, at least in Western countries. I'm not saying COVID always is, of course, but still. That actually brings me to another point. COVID has ravaged southern Asia for a while now and vaccine supply there and in many other parts of the so-called third world are much lower than here, where people voluntarily choose not to take it. I can't think of anything more hypocritical or frankly entitled/ignorant in that regard. Or maybe just myopic? We are not forced to confront the conditions in much of the non-Western world very often, but that's another topic.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:11 pm

The bottom line is this. There are real problems in this world, the biggest of which I'd argue is climate change and the threat of nuclear annihilation/escalation, though obviously it's not limited to those, so you can either try to solve them or just get out of the fucking way. That goes for everyone. Complaining about cancel culture and making it seem that white male sex abusers getting de-platformed is the worst thing happening right now is just mind-bogglingly childish.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:13 pm

JGJR wrote:
lewdd wrote:This is another fine example of you are either with us or you are against us argument from both the left and the right and neither of them believe you can be in the middle.

No. Just no. The hard left and the hard right will never be the same and my point was that I'm tired of this false equivalence perpeuated by too many. We just want folks to have healthcare, end poverty and war, etc. or at least move the needle closer to that and the right denies that people are dying during a global pandemic and wants to make them take horse dewormers. You get that, right?

I get a lot of what both sides are saying. I'm just tired of the political extremes in the USA causing more harm than good to our country and the rest of the world.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:08 pm

lewdd wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I get a lot of what both sides are saying. I'm just tired of the political extremes in the USA causing more harm than good to our country and the rest of the world.

I don't see the world in the same way as you and that is OK. From my perspective and from any objective standpoint, the U.S. military-industrial complex is the entity causing the most harm both here and abroad and by some distance if you wanna talk about bombings, war, environmental destruction, et al.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:26 pm

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/laughingi ... vermectin/

Did they take the morally high ground or were they looking for the excuse to get out from under a bad contract?
lewdd

Postby SamDBL » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:50 pm

I can’t possibly waste another second on this thread. I vigorously disagree not with your assessment of most problems (nuclear war, poverty, world hunger). Just the conclusions you draw as to causation and prescriptions (black people are conspiracy nuts, white supremacy runs rampant and people that don’t get the vax are undeniably bad people with bad motivations, for example). Anyway, I probably got a little to bent out of shape and was too harsh. For that I apologize. Good day.
SamDBL

Postby JGJR » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 am

SamDBL wrote:I can’t possibly waste another second on this thread. I vigorously disagree not with your assessment of most problems (nuclear war, poverty, world hunger). Just the conclusions you draw as to causation and prescriptions (black people are conspiracy nuts, white supremacy runs rampant and people that don’t get the vax are undeniably bad people with bad motivations, for example). Anyway, I probably got a little to bent out of shape and was too harsh. For that I apologize. Good day.

And I apologize to you as well. I don't really like how I acted in this thread or how I act when provoked on political matters in general and so I try to avoid talking about it on boards, social media, et al. I don't apologize for the sentiments, of course, but more for the tone and losing my cool a bit. I am honestly happy to debate these things in good faith and without insults and whatnot, but I don't think this board is the ideal place for that (nor is any, really, probably).

All that said, I never said any of that, so I have no clue where you're pulling that from, especially the first part of that (lots of folks are conspiracy nuts across the spectrum) and the 3rd one as well. They're not undeniably bad people. I don't think anyone is or I try to believe that, actually (sometimes it's hard). They're just choices that I don't think are the best for a pandemic, et al. That's all, really. And I don't have the bandwidth, energy, desire, or anything else to explain how white supremacy works. It's exhausting, so I'm just gonna end this here.
JGJR

Postby target » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:12 pm

I’m not crying, I’m cutting onions! SamSBL JGJR I love you guys!
target

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:17 pm

target wrote:I’m not crying, I’m cutting onions! SamSBL JGJR I love you guys!

Hmmph!
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:26 pm

target wrote:I’m not crying, I’m cutting onions! SamSBL JGJR I love you guys!

I love you, too, target. Thanks, man. Heck, I loved your drumming (Swiz, Severin, etc.) and lyrics on "Paralysis" a decade and a half before I even met you online and IRL.

As for the onions, this thing is an absolutely essential item for me in the kitchen.

https://www.target.com/p/vegetable-manu ... nk=sametab

I use it for peppers and other stuff sometimes, too, but find that it's best for onions. :) 8-) :lol: :bag:
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:01 pm

putting a piece of bread in your mouth while cutting onions works too
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:02 pm

or just don't use onions cause they're gross.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:30 am

gregpolard wrote:or just don't use onions cause they're gross.

That may be the worst take you've ever shared, and you love Paramore for chrissakes.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:32 am

scannest wrote:

That may be the worst take you've ever shared, and you love Paramore for chrissakes.

:lol: :lol:

I'll die on this hill! They're gross and smelly. Onions, not Paramore :)
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:41 am

gregpolard wrote:I'll die on this hill! They're gross and smelly. Onions, not Paramore :)

They are top 5 food stuff. Please cook a fucking meal, preferably one like French Onion soup, and then kindly leave the rest of us alone.

I'm sorry - I probably got a little to bent out of shape and was too harsh. For that I apologize. Good day.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby matt » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:42 am

gregpolard wrote:
scannest wrote:

Do you also not eat garlic?
matt
Site Admin

Postby FormerLurker » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:51 am

Jesus. Now I've seen everything.
FormerLurker

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:06 am

Garlic yes. Onions no.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby pedro » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:37 am

I am pro-onions and pro-garlic. Shallots too. Sometimes when I am cooking with shallots instead of chopping them up I use the garlic press. It's pretty effective.

This no onions take is as bad as NotBaker's anti-bananas take.
Hello.
pedro

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:42 am

I've always liked tacos with a variety of toppings. I call em "Tacos con Varoppins" (Yes, I invented that term, but I bet I will never get credit for it)
xxxMidgexxx

Postby gregpolard » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:48 am

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:I'll die on this hill! They're gross and smelly. Onions, not Paramore :)

They are top 5 food stuff. Please cook a fucking meal, preferably one like French Onion soup, and then kindly leave the rest of us alone.

I'm sorry - I probably got a little to bent out of shape and was too harsh. For that I apologize. Good day.

UGH! French Onion Soup ALWAYS repulsed me. Nassssssssty
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:49 am

matt wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
scannest wrote:

Do you also not eat garlic?

I avoid when I can. But I understand it's in a lot of things so it's not like i'm gonna not have a slice of pizza because it's in the sauce.
gregpolard

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:52 am

pedro wrote:I am pro-onions and pro-garlic. Shallots too. Sometimes when I am cooking with shallots instead of chopping them up I use the garlic press. It's pretty effective.

This no onions take is as bad as NotBaker's anti-bananas take.

Also no on shallots.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby captain2man » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:44 am

Onions can be the best of times (caramelized, fried) or the worst of times (there's no taste in the world worse than a raw red onion).
captain2man

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:23 am

I used to go to a very nice ski shallot. But that was before my accident.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Markonomicon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:47 pm

Ivermectin is also used as heartworm prevention in dogs (I worked as a vet tech years ago).

Only thing else I will add is:
Serrapeptase
Nattokinase

2 enzymes I've been taking for several years now.
Markonomicon

Postby kel » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:19 pm

What if someone - like Rogan - was prescribed Ivermectin by a real doctor? And took prescribed human-use dosages and human-consumption capsules?

What if media and internet groupthink ignored the facts and proceeded to slander/libel/shout down/ridicule someone for their personal medical choices that made with advice of their personal (and real, not internet) doctors?

That's, to me, the real danger in the case of how Rogan's public case has been treated. That people that have zero medical background are parroting and pretending to know the final word, and shouting down people that want to question authority and groupthink before making informed healthcare decisions. Force and shame are not good motivators or peacemakers.

Rogan did a video talking about how he was nonplussed with all the people and media saying he was parroting misinformation about his eating horse meds from farm stores instead of actually taking human prescriptions from a medical professional.

“Do I have to sue CNN? They’re making sh*t up,” Rogan said on his podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience. “They keep saying I’m taking horse dewormer. I literally got it from a doctor. It’s an American company. They won the Nobel Prize in 2015 for use in human beings, and CNN is saying I’m taking horse dewormer. They must know that’s a lie.”

Disclaimer: I'm not a proponent or detractor of any medical advice/treatment/medicine. I recognize each person reacts differently from meds - over my personal adult life, I've been prescribed "normal" meds that wound up having dangerous outcomes (so I stopped taking them, and eventually over years got dialed in with help of a health care professional that was familiar over time with my individual needs and allergies, etc.)

I think it's fruitful in hot-button cases like this to limit one's Google searches to a time prior to the politicization of the issue, and see what real, legitimate research physicians - not internet insta-experts - have historically said about some of this stuff.

The US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health website hosts that Japan study about human-use Ivermectin. Anyone can see this isn't some soccermom, televangelist, or interweb-copy-paste loudmouths writing this in a heated political time... obviously this was pre-political, unpaniced research physicians that said, pre-COVID:

"Ivermectin has continually proved to be astonishingly safe for human use. Indeed, it is such a safe drug, with minimal side effects, that it can be administered by non-medical staff and even illiterate individuals in remote rural communities, provided that they have had some very basic, appropriate training...

Today, ivermectin is being increasingly used worldwide to combat other diseases in humans, such as Strongyloidiasis (which infects some 35 million each year), scabies (which causes 300 million cases annually), Pediculosis, Gnathostomiasis and Myiasis— and new and promising properties and uses for ivermectin and other avermectin derivatives are continuing to be found.

Since the inception of the Mectizan (Ivermectin) Donation Programme, Merck has donated well over 2.5 billion Mectizan® tablets for Onchocerciasis treatment, with in excess of 700 million treatments authorized. Currently, some 80–90 million people are taking the drug annually through MDA in Africa, Latin America and Yemen. A further 300 million total treatments have been approved for lymphatic filariasis, with around 90 million treatments being administered annually (Fig. ​(Fig.8 ).8 ). At present 33 countries are receiving ivermectin for Onchocerciasis and 15 for Lymphatic filariasis."

And yet all I see if I google TODAY is how DANGEROUS! it is, and it's only for pony parasites. Why? Maybe it's 100% useless for COVID. But as one of my doctors said "it could be helpful, but - at worst - it's a sugar pill placebo... But it's not dangerous at all".

Certain groupthink is banging the drum awful hard that vax-ish drugs rushed through FDA approval are super duper safe - don't even question it if you don't want to get shouted down.
But go google search back to 2017, where CNN, certainly onboard with the "don't question the current groupthink about Ivermectin and vaccines" put out an article - pre political panic - that warns "Nearly a third of FDA-approved drugs had problems, study finds:

"CNN — Patients might think the US Food and Drug Administration’s stamp of approval means that a product is the last word on safety, but about a third of the drugs the FDA approved between 2001 and 2010 were involved in some kind of safety event after reaching the market, according to a study published Tuesday in the Journal of the American Medical Association."

I'm no fan of Rogan's - but I hate to see anyone tarred and feathered by ganged-up media and incorrect groupthink unfairly. Every "idiot!" headline and "horse dewormer!" decry begs suspicion on why a placebo/sugarpill at worst, and helpful at best is shouted down and purposely mischaracterized. I mean, it's pretty thick. Punk used to be about question authority, and I'm okay with that.

Anyway, I've got no dog in any fights: my family and I have already had COVID. Some of us had little sniffles for a day or two, some of us wound up in the E.R. multiple times and it was pretty touch and go. Multiple licensed doctors have advised us that the known risks they're seeing results of that come with these current vaccines (particularly in some of our personal medical conditions) outweighs potential benefits. But since my family still has strong and healthy organically-made antibodies, so it's nice to know the odds are pretty freakin' against getting sick again.

*I know pretty much no one on any side of an issue actually reads the pasted links in an age of argue-first- don't-bother-to-data-check something that goes against their party's approved conclusions, but here's the sources if you want it from the horse's mouth (Ha! equestrian irony points!): https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

...and the source for the CNN pre-COVID article:
https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/health/f ... index.html

...and Rogan's Youtube interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O_7O9_nV10
kel

Postby Markonomicon » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:52 pm

People just think it's horse dewormer.

Ahaha.

There's a LEGIT HUMAN VERSION OF IVERMECTIN.

Good grief.

:lol:
Markonomicon

Postby Markonomicon » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:10 pm

...and from the mouth of a veterinarian, it's the same drug, the FDA just has to label it as "not for human consumption".

It's just a watered down version in tablet form for humans.

The FDA also approves garbage frankenfood that is banned in other countries, because obesity=patients/customers=profit.

They don't give a shit about people.

As far as vaxxes go, I was never really "anti-vax", I'm more anti-gvt/anti-elite/anti-their motive(s). I've questioned the gvt since I was a teenager and trust them as far as I can spit. Lifetime politicians need a dirtnap.

Years ago, my daughter's 5 year old booster shots were given and a few months later she started showing symptoms of what she now has (for the last 7 1/2 years and for the rest of her life), an autoimmune disease that there is no cure for and costs us thousands and thousands, even with insurance. Fucking bullshit.

I also got really sick after getting a flu shot a few years back and now have non-bacterial prostatitis, which luckily only flares up a couple times a year. Like getting kicked in the balls for a week. It fucking sucks.
Markonomicon

Postby Markonomicon » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:11 pm

What the FDA approves is determined by LOBBYING...

Depending on how much the company seeking approval has to blow.
Markonomicon

Previous

Return to daghouse