This Year's Replacements Box Set Is...

This Year's Replacements Box Set Is...

Postby scannest » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:58 am

"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Re: This Year's Replacements Box Set Is...

Postby SamDBL » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:13 am

Oh.my. GOD. ‘Dig deep’ ie: dig around trash bins in the garage for whatever near-worthless garbage didn’t make any of the other dozen super-special-never-released-deluxe-limited-remastered-bonus rereleases. Again… I don’t think even the Beatles are as ridiculous with their back catalog.
SamDBL

Postby gregpolard » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:18 am

Will I buy? Def.

Not putting in my order just yet but I'll have to get the one with the limited 7", which apparently jacks up the price by 20 bucks.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:21 am

gregpolard wrote:Will I buy? Def.

Not putting in my order just yet but I'll have to get the one with the limited 7", which apparently jacks up the price by 20 bucks.

Grateful to already own the single and save 20 bucks (you'll also get a flayer and some stickers for yer money). Going to wait until it shows up on Amazon. Not thrilled with Rhino's mail order dealy.
scannest

Postby Gary » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:34 am

Pretty sure I'll buy this. I don't have the previous reissues
Gary

Postby lewdd » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:35 am

I will be adding that to my list of things to buy. I guess I will keep selling some other stuff on Discogs to fund it.
lewdd

Postby lewdd » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:37 am

Sal, maybe you can find out what the next Ramones reissue in a box set will be and when it is coming out. Also, see if you can find out when the 50th anniversary of LA Woman box set is being released too.
lewdd

Postby scannest » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:44 am

lewdd wrote:Sal, maybe you can find out what the next Ramones reissue in a box set will be and when it is coming out. Also, see if you can find out when the 50th anniversary of LA Woman box set is being released too.

I gave a deep listen to some Ramones while driving around L.A. PLEASANT DREAMS is the underrated gem many popsters have always claimed it is (great drumming by Marky) and ANIMAL BOY has not aged as well as I had hoped (crummy, crummy, crummy guitar sounds on that record).
Here's me at Johnny's memorial at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Can't call it his grave cuz he ain't buried there (he was cremated), but he wanted a permanent memorial.

scannest

Postby lewdd » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:46 am

That is on my list of places to visit if and when I make it to Los Angeles area again. Nice pic
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:48 am

So let's place bets here now on what the next Mats move is.

My vote is:

Black Friday RSD vinyl (or maybe due to delays, spring 2022) of the 1981 Live Set
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:44 am

scannest wrote:
lewdd wrote:Sal, maybe you can find out what the next Ramones reissue in a box set will be and when it is coming out. Also, see if you can find out when the 50th anniversary of LA Woman box set is being released too.

I gave a deep listen to some Ramones while driving around L.A. PLEASANT DREAMS is the underrated gem many popsters have always claimed it is (great drumming by Marky) and ANIMAL BOY has not aged as well as I had hoped (crummy, crummy, crummy guitar sounds on that record).
Here's me at Johnny's memorial at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Can't call it his grave cuz he ain't buried there (he was cremated), but he wanted a permanent memorial.

Nice pic; I'm definitely one of those Pleasant Dreams boosters. It's been my favorite Ramones Lp for quite some time now. I disagree about Animal Boy, though. I prefer it to Too Tough to Die (which I think is super overrated/kinda mediocre tbh) and it's probably my favorite post-Pleasant Dreams album of theirs.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:55 pm

I pulled the trigger here:

https://www.popmarket.com/replacements- ... 3497843442

Under $70 and free shipping. If you enter your email you can also get a 10% off code that works. Try THANKS10 and if that doesn't work, use your email and get a new code.

Ended up costing $66 shipped after the discount. I just can't justify paying the Rhino.com price of $119 after shipping all to get some extra buttons, a sticker & a 7". As much as I want the 7", for the difference I can probably just get an original pressing instead at some point.

Anyway, if you're looking to save a few bucks, this seems like the best bet!
gregpolard

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:49 pm

xxxMidgexxx

Postby gregpolard » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:53 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Image

Who hurt you???
gregpolard

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:03 pm

gregpolard wrote:

Who hurt you???

1) Whoever's idea it was to have more than 1 version of a boxset retrospective.
2) Whoever's idea it was to milk people by adding re-mastered shitty demo tracks that are left off the albums for obvious reasons.
3) Anyone who annoys me at any given time.

Any other questions??

Oh yeah, Marillion do it too and no, I don't pull the trigger. I'd rather spend my money on a new guitar and or new releases. And food. So there.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby jaybird » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:46 am

Re-issuing already released material with a bunch of half-assed "bonus" studio-farts and demo tracks is definitely an easier way to keep the revenue stream flowing than say, actually writing and recording new material or God forbid, touring.
jaybird

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:02 am

All of the above is true. But I will say these packages are done quite well and worth owning if you're a fan.
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:09 am

I'm with Greg. If you have no interest in them, don't buy them. Why be a Debbie Downer?
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:21 am

I'd rather complain. It's easier.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:27 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:I'd rather complain. It's easier.

Thanks for another racist, hate filled post.
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:31 am

lewdd wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:I'd rather complain. It's easier.

Thanks for another racist, hate filled post.

Snob. Weezil was right.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby jaybird » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:59 am

Learned my lesson with the RSD PTMM outtakes LP last summer... never again:

jaybird wrote:I picked up that 'Mats Pleased to Meet Me outtakes and alternates LP on RSD... a lot of stinkers on there... The version of CHW, Paul mumbles and stumbles his way through the lyrics, the band is on autopilot, the whole thing just sounds like a shitty demo. But I'm still the dipshit who dropped like $30.00 on it. :roll:
jaybird

Postby lewdd » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:30 am

jaybird wrote:Learned my lesson with the RSD PTMM outtakes LP last summer... never again:

jaybird wrote:I picked up that 'Mats Pleased to Meet Me outtakes and alternates LP on RSD... a lot of stinkers on there... The version of CHW, Paul mumbles and stumbles his way through the lyrics, the band is on autopilot, the whole thing just sounds like a shitty demo. But I'm still the dipshit who dropped like $30.00 on it. :roll:

Not a good investment either as it is selling for $45 on Discogs right now.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:00 pm

lewdd wrote:
jaybird wrote:Learned my lesson with the RSD PTMM outtakes LP last summer... never again:

Not a good investment either as it is selling for $45 on Discogs right now.

Siren had a ton of copies for several weeks after RSD.
gregpolard

Postby Gary » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:12 am

[youtube]https://youtu.be/nJQSA8I6_ug[/youtube]
Gary

Postby scannest » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:34 am

Gary wrote:
scannest

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:51 am

xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse