If I may take a moment....

If I may take a moment....

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:00 pm

I'd like to point out that the latest CANNIBAL CORPSE album 'Violence Unimagined' is absolutely INSANELY wonderful.

George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher is a god among men!!!

HUZZAH, LADS!!!!

xxxMidgexxx

Re: If I may take a moment....

Postby SamDBL » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:39 pm

They are way better with him than they ever were with Chris Barnes. Nice guy, as well.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:41 pm

SamDBL wrote:They are way better with him than they ever were with Chris Barnes. Nice guy, as well.

FUCK YES! On both accounts.

Crazy fact: George is a HUGE fanatic of NY straight edge HC. He's on record loving Youth of Today and Straight Ahead, Bold, Gorilla Bis etc...
xxxMidgexxx

Postby patient_ot » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:37 am

Never liked CC much in any form. Fisher was a very good DM vocalist though in his Monstrosity days. Millenium is one of the best of the genre IMHO.
patient_ot

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:56 am

Rad band, George rules. Still need to check out this new album...just recently got a bleach tie dye longsleeve CC shirt that's sick from when they had a sale a while back
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:38 pm

They definitely have the best album covers.
FormerLurker

Postby FormerLurker » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:45 am

I could actually listen to CC if they had different vocals. Shit is just silly.
FormerLurker

Postby patient_ot » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:17 pm

FormerLurker wrote:I could actually listen to CC if they had different vocals. Shit is just silly.

Death metal vocals are one of those things that can be great or utter shit. The worst are the pitchshifted or cupped mic vox that try to sound like a cartoon bear in heat. Go listen to Mortician or something if you want to hear some cartoon death metal. They make CC sound respectable.
patient_ot

Postby SamDBL » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:22 pm

I go back and forth on the vocal thing. Sometimes I'm a defender. Other times I wish those records were instrumental. I think in it's earlier state, some of those vocals had personality and fit the music. Chuck from Death, David from Morbid Angel. Now they all do seem to kind of have the same 'cupped mic' kind of sound, which is monotonous and distracting.
SamDBL

Postby FormerLurker » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:34 pm

SamDBL wrote:I go back and forth on the vocal thing. Sometimes I'm a defender. Other times I wish those records were instrumental. I think in it's earlier state, some of those vocals had personality and fit the music. Chuck from Death, David from Morbid Angel. Now they all do seem to kind of have the same 'cupped mic' kind of sound, which is monotonous and distracting.

Bingo
FormerLurker

Postby SamDBL » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:13 pm

FormerLurker wrote:
SamDBL wrote:I go back and forth on the vocal thing. Sometimes I'm a defender. Other times I wish those records were instrumental. I think in it's earlier state, some of those vocals had personality and fit the music. Chuck from Death, David from Morbid Angel. Now they all do seem to kind of have the same 'cupped mic' kind of sound, which is monotonous and distracting.

Bingo

Morbid Angel put out a record as a double cd, in which one of them was the instrumental version of the album. It was infinitely superior.
SamDBL

Return to daghouse