Paul Mahern/Zero Boys fans

Paul Mahern/Zero Boys fans

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:22 pm

Very cool podcast. Paul is a legend and a GREAT fucking guy. Smart as a whip and an absolute master behind the recording/mixing desk. And even Metallica recognized the greatness of Zero Boys 'Vicious Circle'. Indianapolis on the map!

Datura Seeds were sorely overlooked as well.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2qcjJL ... xBSLLDrBYg
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Paul Mahern/Zero Boys fans

Postby captain2man » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:46 am

Agreed on all accounts (although I can't bring myself to listen to too many other podcasts these days - doing one has sort of ruined others for me).

When talking about truly overlooked records, I often bring up the later Zero Boys records - Make It Stop & Heimlich Maneuver. No one knows those records - and many don't even know they exist - but both are filled with gems. Just don't expect Vicious Circle-style hardcore (especially with Heimlich Maneuver).
captain2man

Postby creature » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:38 pm

captain2man wrote:Agreed on all accounts (although I can't bring myself to listen to too many other podcasts these days - doing one has sort of ruined others for me).

When talking about truly overlooked records, I often bring up the later Zero Boys records - Make It Stop & Heimlich Maneuver. No one knows those records - and many don't even know they exist - but both are filled with gems. Just don't expect Vicious Circle-style hardcore (especially with Heimlich Maneuver).

Those records are stellar. So is the Datura Seeds album.
creature

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:09 pm

I think the Hollywood EP is great as well (sounds like Mahern singing for Thunder's Heartbreakers with AC/DC's guitars).

People still give me shit for liking it compared to Vicious Circle, but its a GREAT EP. And they played a few songs when I saw them.
xxxMidgexxx

Return to daghouse