MIA/Genocide Reissue

MIA/Genocide Reissue

Postby lewdd » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 pm

https://blackliverrecords.com/collectio ... -50-copies

OG version goes for over $100 on Discogs
lewdd

Re: MIA/Genocide Reissue

Postby JGJR » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:42 pm

lewdd wrote:https://blackliverrecords.com/collections/blr-exclusives/products/genocide-mia-last-rites-for-split-lp-colored-vinyl-limited-to-50-copies

I'm kinda hoping they (or someone else) reissues Notes from the Underground and especially After the Fact (my favorite of theirs).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:52 pm

I'm pretty sure I am selling my After the Fact vinyl when I get to that part of my collection. I have the reissue CD of that and Notes from the Underground that came out in 2016 with the extra track(s).
lewdd

Postby lewdd » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:55 pm

Oh, for those who have not heard about it yet, MIA are playing one of the Punk Rock Bowling club shows with the Adolescents and Pegboy.
lewdd

Postby jaybird » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:03 pm

lewdd wrote:Oh, for those who have not heard about it yet, MIA are playing one of the Punk Rock Bowling club shows with the Adolescents and Pegboy.

Who is singing? Mike Conley died like 10 years ago i think.
jaybird

Postby lewdd » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:18 pm

jaybird wrote:
lewdd wrote:Oh, for those who have not heard about it yet, MIA are playing one of the Punk Rock Bowling club shows with the Adolescents and Pegboy.

Who is singing? Mike Conley died like 10 years ago i think.

One other guy in the band. I think it is original members as a 3 piece. They have played before. There is some video out there on youtube.

From their website - M.I.A. currently plays as a trio with all-original members Chris Moon (drums), Paul Schwartz (bass, vocals) and Nick Adams (guitar, vocals).
lewdd

Postby creature » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:16 pm

lewdd wrote:https://blackliverrecords.com/collections/blr-exclusives/products/genocide-mia-last-rites-for-split-lp-colored-vinyl-limited-to-50-copies

That MIA side rules .... Genocide sucks.
creature

Postby Chris Shary » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:37 pm

Thanks for the tip. I quickly ordered. Love the MIA side of this.
Chris Shary

Postby version sound » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:17 pm

creature wrote:

That MIA side rules .... Genocide sucks.

Yup.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:20 am

lewdd wrote:I'm pretty sure I am selling my After the Fact vinyl when I get to that part of my collection. I have the reissue CD of that and Notes from the Underground that came out in 2016 with the extra track(s).

I would love to take that off your hands if/when you do even though I also have those Darla reissues.
JGJR

Postby the mean » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:56 am

I got a copy of this recently (in an insane box of free stuff from my cousin) and I agree with the above. MIA side rules, Genocide is really bad.
the mean

Postby the mean » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:58 am

Repress is limited to 50? Are there places that will press only 50 copies of a record?
the mean

Postby the mean » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:00 am

the mean wrote:Repress is limited to 50? Are there places that will press only 50 copies of a record?

Clicking through a bit more, it looks like the label doing this does limited colors of records that are getting a wider press.
the mean

Postby scannest » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:18 am

the mean wrote:Repress is limited to 50? Are there places that will press only 50 copies of a record?

There are places that will press a single copy of a record for you. I know someone whose wife pressed one copy of his digital only record release on vinyl as a present. It just gets prohibitively expense the fewer copies you make.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby the mean » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:47 pm

scannest wrote:

There are places that will press a single copy of a record for you. I know someone whose wife pressed one copy of his digital only record release on vinyl as a present. It just gets prohibitively expense the fewer copies you make.

Yeah, sure. I guess I meant to say that I can't see a pressing of 50 selling for $21 each without losing a shit ton of money.
the mean

Postby version sound » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:02 pm

the mean wrote:

Clicking through a bit more, it looks like the label doing this does limited colors of records that are getting a wider press.

The weird this is that I went to the Puke ‘n’ Vomit website and didn’t see it listed anywhere, so maybe this ultra-limited pressing is ahead of the curve?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby lewdd » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:13 pm

I texted MXV about this yesterday after my original post. His take was that the 50 was probably for Black Liver and that some other independent dealers/labels/etc would have a limited amount available to them based on his knowledge of prior Puke n Vomit releases. So, I don't know what is being made by sold by whom, but it seems that there will probably be more than 50 made if you can find who else got some to distribute/sell from this pressing.
lewdd

Postby AssWreckersInc » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:09 am

I love both sides of this split. Genocide had 5 other songs recorded during this session that didn’t make it on the LP. Recorded in 1981, I’d say a couple of the unreleased songs were about the fastest hardcore going in 1981, shame no one got to hear them.

Here’s a couple Genocide demos my guitar player put up on YouTube for me https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9g3dUM134
AssWreckersInc

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:27 am

AssWreckersInc wrote:I love both sides of this split. Genocide had 5 other songs recorded during this session that didn’t make it on the LP. Recorded in 1981, I’d say a couple of the unreleased songs were about the fastest hardcore going in 1981, shame no one got to hear them.

Here’s a couple Genocide demos my guitar player put up on YouTube for me https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9g3dUM134

Asking because I'm sure you would know the answer to this question: this is a different band from the one that Rachel Bolan of Skid Row was in, right? That always confused me.
JGJR

Postby neutral knieval » Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:40 pm

did anyone else order this?
neutral knieval

Postby lewdd » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:24 pm

I did
lewdd

Postby neutral knieval » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:59 am

have you heard any update on it? i emailed 'puke n vomit' records and got the response 'Impossible as we have not listed that release as a preorder yet'. still waiting on a response from blr
neutral knieval

Postby lewdd » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:02 am

Last I heard it was a 10/31 scheduled release date or at least that was what it said when I placed the pre-order from Black Liver.
lewdd

Postby AssWreckersInc » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:31 pm

JGJR wrote:
AssWreckersInc wrote:I love both sides of this split. Genocide had 5 other songs recorded during this session that didn’t make it on the LP. Recorded in 1981, I’d say a couple of the unreleased songs were about the fastest hardcore going in 1981, shame no one got to hear them.

Asking because I'm sure you would know the answer to this question: this is a different band from the one that Rachel Bolan of Skid Row was in, right? That always confused me.

To my knowledge, Rachel was never in Genocide. Snake lived near one of their drummers Tommy (RIP), and was friends with him. Tommy was also Skid Row’s original drummer Charlie’s drum tech. In return, Charlie lent Tommy his nice kit to play live on. Charlie became infamous for stabbing Ebz in the heart. He wound up doing a few months and was kicked out of Skid Row for that.

The Genocide guys were older than the Skid Row guys. Shit, Bobby and their original bassist had been doing bands as early as ‘74.
AssWreckersInc

Postby patient_ot » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:32 am

Years ago a friend gave me a dubbed tape of this album:

https://www.discogs.com/master/414369-G ... %C3%B6cide

I actually liked it at the time, but haven't heard it in years. Never heard the split either.
patient_ot

Postby JGJR » Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:10 am

AssWreckersInc wrote:
JGJR wrote:

To my knowledge, Rachel was never in Genocide. Snake lived near one of their drummers Tommy (RIP), and was friends with him. Tommy was also Skid Row’s original drummer Charlie’s drum tech. In return, Charlie lent Tommy his nice kit to play live on. Charlie became infamous for stabbing Ebz in the heart. He wound up doing a few months and was kicked out of Skid Row for that.

The Genocide guys were older than the Skid Row guys. Shit, Bobby and their original bassist had been doing bands as early as ‘74.

Thank you for that bit of central NJ music history, but I do appreciate it. I knew none of that. I'd wondered about that for years ever since a former co-worker who I think knew some of them told me about the Rachel Bolan/Ebz/Sayreville, etc. connection back in the late '90s. I had no idea they went back that far, but I'm not surprised.
JGJR

Postby AssWreckersInc » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:22 pm

JGJR wrote:
AssWreckersInc wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Thank you for that bit of central NJ music history, but I do appreciate it. I knew none of that. I'd wondered about that for years ever since a former co-worker who I think knew some of them told me about the Rachel Bolan/Ebz/Sayreville, etc. connection back in the late '90s. I had no idea they went back that far, but I'm not surprised.

Shoot me your email and I’ll get you some recordings of Sayreville bands from the late 70’s including some Genocide stuff.
AssWreckersInc

Return to daghouse