Destruction - Sentence of Death

Destruction - Sentence of Death

Postby version sound » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:55 pm

Never heard this band and definitely never heard this record. It popped up on my IG feed today, and these dudes looked too bad ass to ignore, so I checked it out. Killer stuff. Anyone here a fan?

“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Destruction - Sentence of Death

Postby patient_ot » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:33 am

I'm a fan. They were part of the "big four" of German thrash (if there is such a thing) along with Kreator, Sodom, and Tankard.

Everything from the beginning up through Cracked Brain is worth hearing. Just bear in mind a lot of it was badly recorded compared to the other bands I mentioned above. I would usually recommend most people start with Eternal Devastation as an intro.
patient_ot

Postby drew » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:00 am

I have friends who loved this band. They were playing Thrash shows at L’Amour on nights I was at CBGB or The Ritz for HC shows. i was never a thrasher……
drew

Postby neutral knieval » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:38 pm

im a fan of the first three albums. i really like the drumming on 'infernal overkill', particularly this song. sounds like one guy playing the bass drum while another does everything else.

neutral knieval

Postby Knutsen » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:30 am

patient_ot wrote:I'm a fan. They were part of the "big four" of German thrash (if there is such a thing) along with Kreator, Sodom, and Tankard.

Yes, there was a „thing“. I would also add Holy Moses to this influencial group.

Greetings from Germany.
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby patient_ot » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:14 pm

Knutsen wrote:
patient_ot wrote:I'm a fan. They were part of the "big four" of German thrash (if there is such a thing) along with Kreator, Sodom, and Tankard.

Yes, there was a „thing“. I would also add Holy Moses to this influencial group.

Greetings from Germany.

Holy Moses' Finished With the Dogs is one of the most intense thrash albums ever made.
patient_ot

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:13 pm

neutral knieval wrote:im a fan of the first three albums. i really like the drumming on 'infernal overkill', particularly this song. sounds like one guy playing the bass drum while another does everything else.

Infernal Overkill is their career best. Perfect start to finish. And surprisingly a short album that kicked your ass before it wore out its welcome.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby gregpolard » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:13 pm

Though this was about the Janes Addiction side project.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby AssWreckersInc » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:01 am

Sentence of Death is fantastic. Recall going to Tower Records in NYC, and for a little over 25 bucks buying the original pressings of Sentence Of Death, Morbid Tales and Seven Churches all in one haul.

Not long after that I got the Carnivore LP and I was transformed into a headbanger.
AssWreckersInc

Return to daghouse