Where It Went Podcast : Dag Nasty Discography Challenge

Where It Went Podcast : Dag Nasty Discography Challenge

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:05 am

This is a Patreon only episode (with special guest Oise Ronsberger of End Hits Records) but I figured since this is THE Dag Nasty message board I'd share the link here (note, it expires in a couple days)

https://we.tl/t-bLrUARLKEZ

We go through the entire catalog and discuss. Trigger warning, if you listen to WIW you already know this but if not...Javier is not a fan of Dag at all.

Enjoy!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Re: Where It Went Podcast : Dag Nasty Discography Challenge

Postby Hal » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:09 pm

There are fans of Dag Nasty on this message board?

Thanks! ;)
Hal

Postby captain2man » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:13 am

Downloaded. Thanks, Greg.
captain2man

Postby jaybird » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:43 pm

Good discussion... I remember I actually had that 1987 issue of Musician magazine with the feature on Dag where it ran down all their touring expenses and so forth... wish i still had it.
jaybird

Postby jaybird » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:54 pm

P.S. That javier dude seems like a tool.... sorry if he's your bud.
jaybird

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:07 am

Thanks all!

And yes, Javier is a good friend. When I was thinking of co-hosts he immediately came to mind not only because we're great friends, but because I knew there would be A LOT that we disagree on. To me, hearing a bunch of people with the same exact opinions together on a pod can get kinda boring. Do his opinions baffle and even sometimes infuriate me? Absolutely. :lol:
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby jaybird » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:09 am

gregpolard wrote:Thanks all!

And yes, Javier is a good friend. When I was thinking of co-hosts he immediately came to mind not only because we're great friends, but because I knew there would be A LOT that we disagree on. To me, hearing a bunch of people with the same exact opinions together on a pod can get kinda boring. Do his opinions baffle and even sometimes infuriate me? Absolutely. :lol:

It wasn't even really that he doesn't care for Dag... people like or don't like whatever they like or don't like, that's fine... just some of the arguments he was making like: "why would it make a difference one way or the other if Brian Baker were playing with Field Day? Anyone can play the guitar parts" (paraphrasing)... No dude, not just anyone can play like him. And ideally, seeing the people who actually wrote those parts/songs actually play them live is kinda a huge part of the reason why people go to see bands that they are fans of in the first place... otherwise, why not just stay home and listen to the records, or go see cover bands?
jaybird

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:52 am

jaybird wrote:

It wasn't even really that he doesn't care for Dag... people like or don't like whatever they like or don't like, that's fine... just some of the arguments he was making like: "why would it make a difference one way or the other if Brian Baker were playing with Field Day? Anyone can play the guitar parts" (paraphrasing)... No dude, not just anyone can play like him. And ideally, seeing the people who actually wrote those parts/songs actually play them live is kinda a huge part of the reason why people go to see bands that they are fans of in the first place... otherwise, why not just stay home and listen to the records, or go see cover bands?

I understand.
gregpolard

Postby jaybird » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:18 am

gregpolard wrote:
jaybird wrote:

I understand.

On the other hand, I guess it adds to the fun if you can have someone be the designated "heel".

jaybird

Postby the mean » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:27 pm

I know Javier mostly from the interwebs, but we did meet up once in person. Seems like a solid dude with some occasional bad takes.
the mean

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:22 pm

the mean wrote:I know Javier mostly from the interwebs, but we did meet up once in person. Seems like a solid dude with some occasional bad takes.

Solid dude and one of my best buds? Def.

Occasional bad takes? No. Frequent. LOL
gregpolard

Postby Nico » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:18 am

Loving this episode Greg! Javier is so not getting it, still love to hear his opinion.
Also this partial, not full show, is back on youtube, one of the best of the Dag reunion shows I have seen: https://youtu.be/IljDvOPxAQ0
Nico

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:06 pm

Nico wrote:Loving this episode Greg! Javier is so not getting it, still love to hear his opinion.
Also this partial, not full show, is back on youtube, one of the best of the Dag reunion shows I have seen: https://youtu.be/IljDvOPxAQ0

Thank you! they sound so great in this clip. I need to see them again!
gregpolard

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:08 am

Hey, was working on something online and had a chance to listen to this podcast. I know you've posted about the Rev one, but I've never listened to it.

I'd have to agree that having Javier be a part of this was odd. It wasn't just his take, but that he added nothing other than "my ears are better than yours" kinda stuff. He knew nothing about the band, kept asking which record you were talking about etc. Having him on was basically a waste of time. Having someone with a different opinion is great, but someone acting as if they have better things to do was kinda weird. Maybe that is his deal to be contrarian? He was basically an "Ambulance Song" of the podcast. Cut him out and it would have been much better (haha). I had to laugh out loud when he said Korn was better. Not grasping Brian's importance in terms of the band was also strange. Oh well.

For me, Oise was the best part, he addressed the music, artwork, lyrics/story telling, song writing and did it in the way many Europeans do when they use English in ways speakers of it wouldn't, but that it made more sense. He very much reminded me of many of the Yurp punx I knew.

One thing that I thought was a bit strange was taking a line, out of context, of an interview about Shawn "not looking like them" and framing it in a way that made it sound like they wanted Shawn gone in a racist way and then having Javier (who obviously knows nothing about the band) reference the same sentiment later. The full response (interview was about three weeks after Shawn's last show) was obviously humorous and was poking fun at the fact they all had bleached blonde hair. The last part of what he said was most accurate "but he (Dave) could sing well". Brian thought Shawn couldn't sing and he wanted the vocals to be heard and be able to be sung by the crowd. Maybe there has been something said before, but I've never ever heard of that coming up before, in any context, and to kinda slide it that they might have ditched him because of how he "looked" was kinda fucked?

I thought you all had many good points and was interesting hearing the "hot take" breakdowns and thoughts about the project albums etc. I also still can't figure out how they thought "Ambulance Song" and "La Penita" would work, both live and on record, for a Dag Nasty fan.

Gonna try to check out some of the other podcast things you've done.

Some things that most likely I only care about:

The "coke and doritos" line is 100% about the drink, not cocaine.
London May did a three month tour after Colin's cyst issue.
The photos on Field Day are from the 09-06-87 City Gardens show and not the 11-19-87 show (even though Lewdd thinks they are, lol).
FlexMyHead

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:20 am

FlexMyHead wrote:Hey, was working on something online and had a chance to listen to this podcast. I know you've posted about the Rev one, but I've never listened to it.

I'd have to agree that having Javier be a part of this was odd. It wasn't just his take, but that he added nothing other than "my ears are better than yours" kinda stuff. He knew nothing about the band, kept asking which record you were talking about etc. Having him on was basically a waste of time. Having someone with a different opinion is great, but someone acting as if they have better things to do was kinda weird. Maybe that is his deal to be contrarian? He was basically an "Ambulance Song" of the podcast. Cut him out and it would have been much better (haha). I had to laugh out loud when he said Korn was better. Not grasping Brian's importance in terms of the band was also strange. Oh well.

For me, Oise was the best part, he addressed the music, artwork, lyrics/story telling, song writing and did it in the way many Europeans do when they use English in ways speakers of it wouldn't, but that it made more sense. He very much reminded me of many of the Yurp punx I knew.

One thing that I thought was a bit strange was taking a line, out of context, of an interview about Shawn "not looking like them" and framing it in a way that made it sound like they wanted Shawn gone in a racist way and then having Javier (who obviously knows nothing about the band) reference the same sentiment later. The full response (interview was about three weeks after Shawn's last show) was obviously humorous and was poking fun at the fact they all had bleached blonde hair. The last part of what he said was most accurate "but he (Dave) could sing well". Brian thought Shawn couldn't sing and he wanted the vocals to be heard and be able to be sung by the crowd. Maybe there has been something said before, but I've never ever heard of that coming up before, in any context, and to kinda slide it that they might have ditched him because of how he "looked" was kinda fucked?

I thought you all had many good points and was interesting hearing the "hot take" breakdowns and thoughts about the project albums etc. I also still can't figure out how they thought "Ambulance Song" and "La Penita" would work, both live and on record, for a Dag Nasty fan.

The photos on Field Day are from the 09-06-87 City Gardens show and not the 11-19-87 show (even though Lewdd thinks they are, lol).

Some of them may be City Gardens but the "Y" is from Allentown Music Hall.
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:37 am

lewdd wrote:

I have much shame and embarassment that I have devoted time in my life to know this, but Peter was actually wearing a white Corrosion of Conformity shirt at the Allentown show.

All the photos on Field Day were provided to the label by Ken Salerno. And by the way, if you have seen an awesome looking photo from City Gardens stage left/slightly above the stage then there is a 99% chance that Ken took it. He is kinda like how J.J. Gonson was for NYC/Boston.
FlexMyHead

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:49 am

FlexMyHead wrote:
lewdd wrote:

I have much shame and embarassment that I have devoted time in my life to know this, but Peter was actually wearing a white Corrosion of Conformity shirt at the Allentown show.

All the photos on Field Day were provided to the label by Ken Salerno. And by the way, if you have seen an awesome looking photo from City Gardens stage left/slightly above the stage then there is a 99% chance that Ken took it. He is kinda like how J.J. Gonson was for NYC/Boston.

Say what you want. I was at the show. I know what my roommate and I look/looked like. That photo in the "Y" is from Allentown.
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:04 am

lewdd wrote:
Say what you want. I was at the show. I know what my roommate and I look/looked like. That photo in the "Y" is from Allentown.

Uh. For reasons still unknown to me, I have about 20 gigography things for bands and about once a year I update/sort through photos etc. During the year, if I come across a flyer or photo or something, I put it in a folder and sort through it later. Some bands like Embrace or Rites of Spring are easy because they played just a handful of shows. Others like Black Flag, have hundreds of shows. Dag Nasty is smaller size, but I think I'm only missing something (flyer, photo, video, audio, or quote) for about 20 shows. Here is the link for the Allentown show. I reached out to the photographer and he sent me other shows from the same venue, so I know 100% this is the right venue and date.

http://www.flexmyhead.com/DagNasty/dag111987.html

To quote the always quotable Geto Boyz, maybe "My Mind is Playing Tricks On Me".

Oh and here is the show the photos on the front of the record are taken from:

http://www.flexmyhead.com/DagNasty/dag090687.html

The insert photos are from the 11-22-87 show also at City Gardens and also taken by Ken.
FlexMyHead

Postby jaybird » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:41 am

FlexMyHead wrote:
lewdd wrote:

Uh. For reasons still unknown to me, I have about 20 gigography things for bands and about once a year I update/sort through photos etc. During the year, if I come across a flyer or photo or something, I put it in a folder and sort through it later. Some bands like Embrace or Rites of Spring are easy because they played just a handful of shows. Others like Black Flag, have hundreds of shows. Dag Nasty is smaller size, but I think I'm only missing something (flyer, photo, video, audio, or quote) for about 20 shows. Here is the link for the Allentown show. I reached out to the photographer and he sent me other shows from the same venue, so I know 100% this is the right venue and date.

http://www.flexmyhead.com/DagNasty/dag111987.html

To quote the always quotable Geto Boyz, maybe "My Mind is Playing Tricks On Me".

Oh and here is the show the photos on the front of the record are taken from:

http://www.flexmyhead.com/DagNasty/dag090687.html

The insert photos are from the 11-22-87 show also at City Gardens and also taken by Ken.

Pretty cool. Looks like lewdd just got PWNED.

P.S.: What do you have for their Detroit/Michigan shows? I think they played here 4 times - once with Descendents and Agent Orange in 86, twice in 87, once with Rollins Band and once with C.O.C (these three shows were all at the Graystone), and then once in 88 at Blondie's with a couple local bands... they also played across the river in Windsor, ON in late '87, and in Kalamazoo, MI in the spring of 1988.
jaybird

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:00 pm

The Dag tour with COC was in August and Dag played City Gardens on 8/9 with COC according to this page http://metallipromo.com/dagnasty.html. I'm guessing those photos of Peter with the COC shirt were from that August tour and not the November show in Allentown.

The photographer is from NY and there are two NY shows listed on that site for the COC tour. I'm guessing the photos of Peter with the COC shirt were from one of those venues.
lewdd

Postby jaybird » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Maybe I spoke to soon...

jaybird

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:55 pm

Could somebody please post a large photo of the disputed “Y.” I need to judge this for myself.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:55 pm

lewdd wrote:The Dag tour with COC was in August and Dag played City Gardens on 8/9 with COC according to this page http://metallipromo.com/dagnasty.html. I'm guessing those photos of Peter with the COC shirt were from that August tour and not the November show in Allentown.

The photographer is from NY and there are two NY shows listed on that site for the COC tour. I'm guessing the photos of Peter with the COC shirt were from one of those venues.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly...
(1) The basis of your statement is that Peter only wore C.O.C.'s shirts when they played shows with COC?
(2) The basis of my statement is that the person that took the pictures sent them to me saying when and where the show was, additionally sending me photos of the opening band (Mugface) opening for other shows (here is one of them opening for Uniform Choice at the same venue, on 07-24-87) and other random photos:

You can clearly see the ceiling tile/lights/backldrop is the same (in distance)

In this photo:

Also, Dag Nasty played a string of shows with COC in July 1987, but that was when London May was drumming and the last couple of shows were cancelled.

Having said all of that, one of the reasons that I haven't "published" my lists is that I'm still correcting/updating things.
FlexMyHead

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euHGfDcBxZY&t=1892s

This show by The Exploited was at the Airport Music Hall which I was at too. I am having a hard time being able to determine in my mind how this is the same venue where those Dag pics were taken.

At a minimum, folks should scroll through that video to see Wattie get maced, throw water on his eyes, finish the song, and then head backstage. I know the guys in the front row with the ANL shirt (he died a month or so ago), green shirt etc. Also, Roy Mayorga is the kid backstage with the spiked hair. He was the drummer for Youthquake who went on to play drums in some well know bands. Wattie also plays bass on some cover songs that the Exploited play during the set.
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Ok, I just got done pressure washing the back of my house and cleaning gutters and I'm bored (boring) so let's break down the Dag Nasty photos on the Field Day record, letter by letter.

First, once you start doing giglists and notice that the same photo has four different dates/locations, you start picking up on things to help you decide. You notice instruments used on certain tours, hair length/styles, venue stages/lighting that stands out, band members that had unique things going on. For Dag Nasty, Peter's hair length and color/dye were often pretty good indicators of about what tour it was. Same with Doug when he had colored hair. For certain shows, t-shirts/clothes the band wore etc.

So let me first post a nice little group shot that is 100% from City Gardens and shot by the wonderful Ken Salerno
https://intothevoidmerchco.com/collecti ... hotography

F

Hmm. If the person at the top is the drummer (and it appears to be someone with sticks in the up position)....that doesn't look like Scott? Could it be London May? I honestly can't tell for sure. Not the best way to start my case!

I

Doug is wearing same Die Kruezen shirt, with white necklace, white drum set behind him. Almost the same photo/stance. 100% from the City Gardens show. Top part has to be a different photo spliced. Rut roh....could these photos be from more than one show?!

E

Peter's bleached hair pushed back as in other photos, same greyish shirt, shot from stage left (although slightly lower angle).
99.5% City Gardens.

L

D

Hmm.
At first this shot was tricky, then I noticed some white tape on the mic chord.
100% City Garden.

D

Uh...literally says City Gardens on photo.
Die Kruezen shirt.
Peter's sweat level turning shirt slightly different darker shade.
Peter's bleached hair brushed back ever-so slightly.

A

Die Kruezen shirt.
Brian dark shirt with white text.
City Gardens 100%.

Y

So all of that was a tease! Here is the money shot...

What do we know?

Peter has medium short bleached hair with roots.
Peter is sweating through his gray shirt.
Mic has a round mesh top.
Stage is about neck height.
Shot was taken from stage left.

Honorable members of the Daghouse message board, I submit my final photo which I believe correctly identifies not one, but two people in both shots.
Yellow circle boy has a weird hair pattern that is clearly visible in both circles.
Green circle boy has the same wavy hair.

I rest my case.....what does thou say ?!!! Is this photo from City Gardens or not!??!\

==================

Whoops hit "Submit" instead of "Preview".....
Also, Lewdd, please know I'm having fun with this, I'm having a laugh and don't take it too seriously dude!
Last edited by FlexMyHead on Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlexMyHead

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Don't worry, you are only taking 30+ years of my small piece of internet fame away from me if you prove me wrong.
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:13 pm

lewdd wrote:Don't worry, you are only taking 30+ years of my small piece of internet fame away from me if you prove me wrong.

Lewdd, you son of a bitch, you tricked me into watch a fucking Exploited video!!!!!!!
FlexMyHead

Postby jaybird » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:35 pm

LOL, amazing thread.

jaybird

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:48 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:
lewdd wrote:Don't worry, you are only taking 30+ years of my small piece of internet fame away from me if you prove me wrong.

Lewdd, you son of a bitch, you tricked me into watch a fucking Exploited video!!!!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.
lewdd

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:03 pm

lewdd wrote:
I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Actually, I own their first 7"s and first couple of LPs. When I "discovered" punk, I lived overseas and while I mailordered US stuff from Zed or Toxic Shock or whatever else was in MRR, I had no idea where to locally buy punk stuff as a 14-15 year old kid living in Belgium in the late 80's so I went to some weird department store kinda thing and they had Exploited and GBH records so I bought all they had. I never really dived deep into it, but Wattie seemed a bit of a postcard-punk and so I kinda stopped listening to them and it was very "uncool" to like them when I moved to Germany. I did end up seeing them once for a laugh in the early 90s, I think Wattie had his mohawk in braids at that point and they were very metallic. I saw them in a pretty awesome club in Heidelberg, Germany though.

Anyhoo, the video did show that it was the same club, so unfortunately you are going to have to take the massive L on this one.

The dude that sent me the Dag photos told me I could edit them so in this shot, I cut out the back of the crowd's head and you can clearly see the pole/support column thing.

that you can see in the Exploited video. It just looks so different because of the barrier and the amount of people that showed up. Imagine that, Exploited outselling Dag Nasty!

FlexMyHead

Postby the mean » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:11 pm

This thread rules.

To tie it up a bit: I saw Dag Nasty (with London May on drums) open for the Exploited in 1987. It was a gnarly era in Sacramento, with lots of skinheads and violence.
the mean

Postby jaybird » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:20 pm

For future reference, here's a shot of them with London May on the kit, 5/23/87 @ The Graystone in Detroit, opening for Rollins Band, which was the first time I saw them... my buddy Brian took two pics, one of Brian and London, and one of Peter and Doug, which I spliced together in Photoshop for a wide shot/panoramic version.

jaybird

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:20 pm

the mean wrote:To tie it up a bit: I saw Dag Nasty (with London May on drums) open for the Exploited in 1987. It was a gnarly era in Sacramento, with lots of skinheads and violence.

Hmmmm....

http://www.flexmyhead.com/DagNasty/dag071987.html
FlexMyHead

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:23 pm

jaybird wrote:For future reference, here's a shot of them with London May on the kit, 5/23/87 @ The Graystone in Detroit, opening for Rollins Band, which was the first time I saw them... my buddy Brian took two pics, one of Brian and London, and one of Peter and Doug, which I spliced together in Photoshop for a wide shot/panoramic version.

I actually had that photo I just had no idea the date/place. I'll add it to the page and give Brian credit!

It was London's first show with the band:

http://www.flexmyhead.com/DagNasty/dag052387.html
FlexMyHead

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:26 pm

And do you know if this is from the same show? I don't know what the inside of the club looked like. I labeled it "Detriot" but I have no clue why.

FlexMyHead

Postby jaybird » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:27 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:And do you know if this is from the same show? I don't know what the inside of the club looked like:

Yeah, almost certainly the same show... that is definitely stage right at the Graystone.

in fact, I think that's Brian sitting down with his trusty Kodak 110... I'll send it to him and ask.
jaybird

Postby the mean » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:29 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:
the mean wrote:To tie it up a bit: I saw Dag Nasty (with London May on drums) open for the Exploited in 1987. It was a gnarly era in Sacramento, with lots of skinheads and violence.

Hmmmm....

http://www.flexmyhead.com/DagNasty/dag071987.html

Yep, that's the one. My friend Shayne posted that.
the mean

Postby FlexMyHead » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:44 pm

the mean wrote:Yep, that's the one. My friend Shayne posted that.

He is a really nice & helpful guy. I had reached out to via youtube to ask about how he digitizes his videos and gets them to look so good as I have a bunch myself. He took his time to write me a really detailed response, but I didn't really know what he was talking about in terms of equipment so it all went over my head. Haha.
FlexMyHead

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:00 pm

I guess I can sell all of my Field Day records, CDs, and cassettes now.

Flip!
lewdd

Postby jaybird » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:03 pm

It's him.

jaybird

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:26 am

I don’t think I want to live in a world in which Lewdd is not featured in the Field Day “Y”. #Disillusioned.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby SamDBL » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:10 am

Yeah, I hate flex even *more* now. What a POS.
SamDBL

Postby scannest » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:47 am

Flex, I know what you're thinking as far as next steps and lemme stop you - that is ABSOLUTELY me and Aquaman on the back cover of the Wig Out vinyl re-issue. Don't even try to go there.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby creature » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:43 pm

Lew, you'll always be my Y... and that's just the way it fucking is.
creature

Postby FormerLurker » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:36 pm

jaybird wrote:LOL, amazing thread.

Goddamn, really.
FormerLurker

Postby version sound » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:24 pm

creature wrote:Lew, you'll always be my Y... and that's just the way it fucking is.

Word up
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby FlexMyHead » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:18 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:I don’t think I want to live in a world in which Lewdd is not featured in the Field Day “Y”. #Disillusioned.

Everything is back to normal.

I actually think the Propagandhi second guitarist is in that photo also.
FlexMyHead

Postby Mark T. » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:43 pm

I can only vouch for Lew's amazing BBQ. It really does exist.
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:57 am

FlexMyHead wrote:Hey, was working on something online and had a chance to listen to this podcast. I know you've posted about the Rev one, but I've never listened to it.

Hey flex,

Thanks for listening. One thing to keep in mind is that this is a "Patreon only" episode so that's why it can come across as a little more "loose" than a normal episode. We would absolutely not have a standard episode where someone is not weighing in critically, etc. This was more just supposed to come across like after show diner talk among friends.

As for the Shawn thing, I would like to think I made it abundantly clear that we didn't think it was a racist comment. We just said it came across as something that in hindsight did not age well. This comment was also mentioned on "End On End" podcast prior to ours, and they said the same thing FWIW.
gregpolard

Return to daghouse