Daghouse California Sober crew

Daghouse California Sober crew

Postby JGJR » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:12 am

Who else here partakes in the wacky tobacky? If so, how? Edibles, bong, pipe, something else? Homemade? Store-bought (if it is legal where you are)?

I rarely drink (mainly the occasional craft beer) and don't smoke or partake in anything else of that sort, so I feel closer to sXe than at any point since I broke the edge when I was 20. Xweed-edgeX? I dunno. XCaliforniaSoberX? :lol:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Re: Daghouse California Sober crew

Postby target » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:55 pm

Been more than a decade since I used pot. Don’t miss it- in fact I’m kind of an ex-smoker anti pot zealot.

Haven’t had a drink for more than a year but not by conscious decision— having a beer was more of a thing to do with band mates and I haven’t been playing.

Basically, I’m a type 1 diabetic and my body had a clear way of telling me these things weren’t doing me any good. I wish I’d get the clear message on things like pizza and ice cream!
target

Postby version sound » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:45 pm

Like lots of other things, being the youngest kid on the block, I started partaking pretty early. The first time I drank, I was probably under 10. The first time I smoked weed, I was 11. I smoked weed and cloves pretty regularly with my next door neighbor, who was 4 years older than me. I remember many nights when we would smoke up in the parking lot, then hit the mall (this was the ‘80s, after all). I met my friend Garry at a football game, early in 9th grade. Somehow the topic of drugs/alcohol came up, and he said he didn’t do either. I asked why not, and he responded with “why do you?” which felt pretty profound at the time. I was already into hardcore and knew all about straight edge, so that really clicked with me. I was straight from that night until the night of my senior prom. Of course, Garry eventually lost his edge in a big way - the first time he ever drank, he drank most of a bottle of Everclear, when he started dropping acid not long after, he did it like clockwork every 2-3 days for several months. Last time I talked to him a few years ago, he had issues with prescription pain pills. I’m quasi-edge at this point. I drink rarely, and when I do, I rarely have more than one drink.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby lewdd » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:55 pm

Never had any drug other than alcohol and don't plan on changing that this lifetime
lewdd

Postby the mean » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Edge since 88. True till death.
the mean

Postby jaybird » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:30 pm

I dabble in the pot occasionally... these days, usually just when someone is passing a joint/bowl at a party... my days of actually maintaining a regular private stash are long gone.

Did LSD maybe a couple dozen times in the late 80s/early 90s... kinda want to do it again one day before I die.

I also enjoy the occasional opiate derivative/synthetic in pill form with a few glasses of wine.
jaybird

Postby pedro » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:47 pm

The last time I got drunk I woke up with a tattoo of a bird on my left shoulder.
Hello.
pedro

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:39 am

Never had it
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 am

This feels like one of those social media hacks where they trick you into giving up your mother's maiden name and the street you grew up on.
Sorry narc, I'm not falling for it!
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:55 am

scannest wrote:This feels like one of those social media hacks where they trick you into giving up your mother's maiden name and the street you grew up on.
Sorry narc, I'm not falling for it!

LOL
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby DelGriffith » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:21 am

Personally I don’t mess around with the stuff..
DelGriffith

Postby patient_ot » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Tell you what's addictive...those fried Inca Corn snacks from TJs.
patient_ot

Postby JGJR » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:57 am

patient_ot wrote:Tell you what's addictive...those fried Inca Corn snacks from TJs.

TJs should be a separate thread. I sure do love it.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:43 pm

Did you move to California????
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:04 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Did you move to California????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... ia%20Sober
JGJR

Return to daghouse