Vapors Box Set

Vapors Box Set

Postby lewdd » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:49 am

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the ... d9d7e8fdfb

Lots or different mixes of their two albums here. I will probably get a copy.
lewdd

Re: Vapors Box Set

Postby JGJR » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:53 am

lewdd wrote:https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/the-vapors-waiting-for-the-weekend-the-united-artists-liberty-recordings-4cd/?mc_cid=f7c33b7891&mc_eid=d9d7e8fdfb

Lots or different mixes of their two albums here. I will probably get a copy.

I don't have the 2nd Lp anymore, but I've got New Clear Days on Lp and also the CD reissue with great bonus tracks. I think it's from the early 2000s. Let me check. Yep (it's the Captain Mod edition and wow it's rare now? Who knew?)

https://www.discogs.com/The-Vapors-New- ... se/1121993

One of my favorite reissues of that sort alongside Setting Sons with bonus material from around the same time; wish I still had that one.

They played here a few months before the pandemic started in one of my favorite clubs and I now regret not going. I hope they come back here.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby patient_ot » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:51 pm

One of those bands I always meant to listen to more seriously but never did. If the box was done by Cherry Red it could be good or bad. I'll wait for the reviews.
patient_ot

Postby patient_ot » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:53 pm

JGJR wrote:
I don't have the 2nd Lp anymore, but I've got New Clear Days on Lp and also the CD reissue with great bonus tracks. I think it's from the early 2000s. Let me check. Yep (it's the Captain Mod edition and wow it's rare now? Who knew?)

Many of the older (2000 and prior) Captain Oi! and Captain Mod CDs sounded good to great. Unfortunately sometime after that they began a trend of compressing the crap out of a lot of stuff. Quite a few of the older discs are now OOP and will fetch more $ than you'd think if they haven't already.
patient_ot

Postby lewdd » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:19 pm

patient_ot wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Many of the older (2000 and prior) Captain Oi! and Captain Mod CDs sounded good to great. Unfortunately sometime after that they began a trend of compressing the crap out of a lot of stuff. Quite a few of the older discs are now OOP and will fetch more $ than you'd think if they haven't already.

Time to go through my collection and sell them then because I have almost the entire Captain Oi! and Mod catalog from back in those days.
lewdd

Postby patient_ot » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:32 am

lewdd wrote:Time to go through my collection and sell them then because I have almost the entire Captain Oi! and Mod catalog from back in those days.

I have a bunch but nothing like that. I also have some old Link Records discs - that was sort of like a predecessor to Captain Oi!.
patient_ot

Postby lewdd » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:45 am

patient_ot wrote:
lewdd wrote:Time to go through my collection and sell them then because I have almost the entire Captain Oi! and Mod catalog from back in those days.

I have a bunch but nothing like that. I also have some old Link Records discs - that was sort of like a predecessor to Captain Oi!.

Yeah, I have a bunch of those Link one's too and some early Step-1 and a bunch of the Punk Collector Series from Anagram.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:46 am

lewdd wrote:
patient_ot wrote:

Yeah, I have a bunch of those Link one's too and some early Step-1 and a bunch of the Punk Collector Series from Anagram.

I had some of those, too. I especially miss the Anagram version of Vice Squad's Shot Away, but would prefer a vinyl copy since most of the bonus tracks don't really enhance the album. I keep meaning to grab one of the reissues or an original.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:47 pm

I just got this box set for $32 on popmarket but did not listen to it yet.
lewdd

Return to daghouse