ALL/Descendents thread (streaming link to new LP inside!)

Re: ALL/Descendents thread

Postby Chris Shary » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Yeah I work very closely with Kings Road on everything we do for DESCENDENTS/ALL, but they are very good to work with anyway. It would be great to have the old ALL designs, but they were done via CRUZ, which was a subsidiary of SST, so I know there is some "ownership" issue over some art. College and Grow Up and Enjoy were not originally on SST so I don't think they have the same restrictions. Greg didn't pay for the recording or art originally.
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Yay! FLIP!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Knutsen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:56 am

WrEtcH wrote:Right now SST are doing the shirts, this is not to go on the current dis-flavor of Ginn, but what I've noticed with the BLACK FLAG shirts I've bought recently, is that the screen prints don't last too long on the shirts. a couple washes and they chip away fast!

If you noticed this, maybe you might want to iron the shirt print from the inside before the first wash, in order to fixate (?) the print.
My band got cheaply printed band shirts once, and the complete print was gone after the first wash.
After our complaint the print shop agreed that they probably forgot to heat fixate the print.
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby gregpolard » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:10 pm

Just saw Filmage last night finally and man, it was somehow even better than I was expecting. There were laugh out loud moments, tearful moments....just excellent work all around.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:49 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. It is just so well done.
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Chris Shary wrote:Glad you enjoyed it. It is just so well done.

Also, hoping there's a ton of extras when it comes time for the DVD release!
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:03 pm

There will be a ton of DVD extras. It's almost like assembling another film. There is so much good stuff that they have. You'll be stoked.
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Chris Shary wrote:There will be a ton of DVD extras. It's almost like assembling another film. There is so much good stuff that they have. You'll be stoked.

I figured! Most of those type of documentaries have a ton of extra interview footage and I could've watched another 3 hours worth of the film!
gregpolard

Postby Knutsen » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:18 am

Bonus Cafe Latte. Keep on milking the cow.
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby airmol » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:39 am

Saw it in MPLS on the 15th. Fantastic. Looking forward to the DVD release, and the ability to force feed it to guests at our house.
airmol

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:23 am

airmol wrote:Saw it in MPLS on the 15th. Fantastic. Looking forward to the DVD release, and the ability to force feed it to guests at our house.

so you've decided come over here too? :lol:
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:31 am

WrEtcH wrote:
airmol wrote:Saw it in MPLS on the 15th. Fantastic. Looking forward to the DVD release, and the ability to force feed it to guests at our house.

so you've decided come over here too? :lol:

Welcome!
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 am

Bumping for VS cause I know he misses this being on the first page.

I still listen to some form of Dents every day.
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Chris (or anyone) know anything about this:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/everyth ... 5778648139

It's the only main album of theirs I'm missing on vinyl. It's been pressed a million times so I guess it's going for another?
gregpolard

Postby MXV » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:25 pm

Epitaph is doing another run of repressings on colored vinyl. There will be one color exclusive for Hot Topic stores and another color for everyone else. They are supposed to be out in the next couple of weeks. Not just for that Descendents LP but for a handful of other releases too.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:26 pm

I'm chomping at the bit. dammit, when do tickets go on sale for PRB?

it couldn't come any sooner.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby yourenotevil » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:33 pm

WrEtcH wrote:I'm chomping at the bit. dammit, when do tickets go on sale for PRB?

read this as i couldn't come any sooner. i was like, damn this guy is excited for PBR
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:16 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
WrEtcH wrote:I'm chomping at the bit. dammit, when do tickets go on sale for PRB?

read this as i couldn't come any sooner. i was like, damn this guy is excited for PBR

Hahah are the Descendents playing PRB??
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:17 pm

MXV wrote:Epitaph is doing another run of repressings on colored vinyl. There will be one color exclusive for Hot Topic stores and another color for everyone else. They are supposed to be out in the next couple of weeks. Not just for that Descendents LP but for a handful of other releases too.

Thanks! I may have to get two copies then...
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:08 am

Ordered from Barnes and Noble. Let's see what the deal w/ this thing is.
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:16 am

Also, for those that are interested the shirt that Brian Walsby and Chris collaborated on is up for sale:

http://www.brianwalsby.net/BrianWalsby. ... ted_T.html
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:03 am

Thanks for the plug Greg! Brian is a super talented and prolific guy, and getting another chance to collaborate with him was just great. The cool thing is that since this is a Brian Walsby art shirt, it's not the kind of thing we'd normally do with DESCENDENTS. In otherwords, it's a super off piece which makes it way cooler in my book! My favorite part I contributed was taking the classic DESCENDENTS logo and turning it into a mid 70's looking Marvel Comics logo. That was fun.
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:05 am

No prob! I love that it's on baby blue shirt too...I don't have any that color so it will be a nice one to add to the collection.

And like I said elsewhere Jaws is my favorite movie ever, coupled with my favorite group...it's a match made in heaven.
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:12 pm

gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:36 pm

gregpolard wrote:The bonus cup coffee is BOGO now:

http://www.kingsroadmerch.com/descenden ... 91&cid=831

I ordered this and can't wait to try it. The price scared me off before, but now with this deal even with shipping it's like getting a couple of pounds of premium stuff at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's (well maybe not WF). When I checkout, though, it defaults to 2 and charges me for it, so I have to change it to 1. I just hope I get 2 of 'em in the mail, but we will see.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:14 am

They put the blue "All - O - Gistics" mug back in stock (the one that someone at my work threw out when I left it by the water fountain overnight. Ordered and stoked!
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:39 pm

gregpolard wrote:Ordered from Barnes and Noble. Let's see what the deal w/ this thing is.

Order cancelled since I won a first press on eBay for cheaper than this repress is!
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:13 am

http://www.groezrock.be

You know the drill by now. We send mails, you read them, we give you new names and you go ‘meh’ or ‘wow’. We hope for the latter. So without further ado, here are more new names for Groezrock!

According to their band bio, these guys sound like garbage when it’s thrown off a roof into the dumpster your dickhead boss rented for your underpaying contractor gig. Or as their label likes to put it, they pull liberally from Seaweed, Quicksand and Kerosene 454 and fully embrace their hardcore-dudes-trying-to-play-alt-rock influences. DRUG CHURCH is coming to Groezrock, people!

Two years ago a little band called Refused played at Groezrock and apparently vocalist Dennis Lyxzén had such a good time he wanted to come back with one of the other bands he is in. INVSN combines the strongest elements of ‘70’s psych and ‘80s New Wave so you’d better freshen up on those spastic dance moves.

And then there’s the DESCENDENTS. Punkrock legends. But we also had the chance to book ALL. So was it going to be DESCENDENTS? Or ALL? Or DESCENDENTS? Or ALL? There was a lot to be said for DESCENDENTS. Then again, you could say all the same things about ALL. So we said ‘fuck it’ and added both DESCENDENTS and ALL to this year’s line-up.

Don’t forget to vote for the 10 finalists for the Macbeth stage. The names will be announced on February 17 so if you still want to vote, you’d better haul ass over to MACBETH Contest! And we still have one more band to announce so keep an eye out for that as well.

Oh, if you haven’t bought your ticket for Groezrock yet, we suggest you do it now instead of waiting too long and having to miss out on all the fun!
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:20 am

Ugh. I saw! Wish I could swing going to this.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:57 am

WrEtcH wrote:http://www.groezrock.be

You know the drill by now. We send mails, you read them, we give you new names and you go ‘meh’ or ‘wow’. We hope for the latter. So without further ado, here are more new names for Groezrock!

According to their band bio, these guys sound like garbage when it’s thrown off a roof into the dumpster your dickhead boss rented for your underpaying contractor gig. Or as their label likes to put it, they pull liberally from Seaweed, Quicksand and Kerosene 454 and fully embrace their hardcore-dudes-trying-to-play-alt-rock influences. DRUG CHURCH is coming to Groezrock, people!

Two years ago a little band called Refused played at Groezrock and apparently vocalist Dennis Lyxzén had such a good time he wanted to come back with one of the other bands he is in. INVSN combines the strongest elements of ‘70’s psych and ‘80s New Wave so you’d better freshen up on those spastic dance moves.

And then there’s the DESCENDENTS. Punkrock legends. But we also had the chance to book ALL. So was it going to be DESCENDENTS? Or ALL? Or DESCENDENTS? Or ALL? There was a lot to be said for DESCENDENTS. Then again, you could say all the same things about ALL. So we said ‘fuck it’ and added both DESCENDENTS and ALL to this year’s line-up.

Don’t forget to vote for the 10 finalists for the Macbeth stage. The names will be announced on February 17 so if you still want to vote, you’d better haul ass over to MACBETH Contest! And we still have one more band to announce so keep an eye out for that as well.

Oh, if you haven’t bought your ticket for Groezrock yet, we suggest you do it now instead of waiting too long and having to miss out on all the fun!

This is ALL with Chad singing?
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:22 am

I'm 99% sure it will be Chad, yeah.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:00 pm

gregpolard wrote:I'm 99% sure it will be Chad, yeah.

I figured, but just making sure.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:04 pm

JGJR wrote:

I will say the only thing I'm basing this assumption on is 1) that's the lineup that played the Fest last year and 2) I feel like Scott would've said something on FB if he was singing.
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:06 pm

gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I will say the only thing I'm basing this assumption on is 1) that's the lineup that played the Fest last year and 2) I feel like Scott would've said something on FB if he was singing.

possibility, since the DRAG THE RIVER tour with the ATARIS ends on March 30
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby WrEtcH » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:12 pm

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:31 pm

these euro fests are always so funny with the mix of bands they have.
yourenotevil

Postby WrEtcH » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:42 pm

yourenotevil wrote:these euro fests are always so funny with the mix of bands they have.

the metal ones are usually good, but yeah, if it wasn't for the DENTS or ALL, I wouldn't even consider going to that if I was in Europe.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Quicksand, Judge, Bayside, Saves The Day, DENTS, ALL, NOFX....that's enough for me right there!
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:56 pm

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Seing GB, Judge and Dents in the same weekend would be totes awesome.
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:55 pm

gregpolard wrote:Seing GB, Judge and Dents in the same weekend would be totes awesome.

dude country fair circuit shit right here. i might see the dents, i think i would totally skip that last show though. who the fuck wants to see judge in that kind of atmosphere?
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:08 pm

gregpolard wrote:Seing GB, Judge and Dents in the same weekend would be totes awesome.

This, but just have it be a club show (or two separate ones; all of them together would be a strange bill, though kind of awesome).
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:35 pm

True. And I know we’ve discussed elsewhere but I saw Judge at TIHC and I only need to see them once (but glad I did). It’s not like the set is gonna vary much. Same w/ GB.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 pm

gregpolard wrote:True. And I know we’ve discussed elsewhere but I saw Judge at TIHC and I only need to see them once (but glad I did). It’s not like the set is gonna vary much. Same w/ GB.

Actually I heard both were gonna play GG Allin covers as part of their encores. :lol:
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:26 pm

also, for the love of christ , never say totes again.
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:12 am

yourenotevil wrote:

also, for the love of christ , never say totes again.

Better? :lol:
JGJR

Postby version sound » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:42 am

I can't believe people get pissy about a two page Dum Dum Girls thread (which was only that long because of all the whining and bitching about it) when we have a six page and growing Descendents/All thread. You guys know about the Dork Board, right?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby jaybird » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:45 am

version sound wrote:I can't believe people get pissy about a two page Dum Dum Girls thread (which was only that long because of all the whining and bitching about it) when we have a six page and growing Descendents/All thread. You guys know about the Dork Board, right?

jaybird wrote: we mostly make fun of a retarded 40 year-old and tell each other what we had for lunch.
jaybird

Postby gregpolard » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:48 am

version sound wrote:I can't believe people get pissy about a two page Dum Dum Girls thread (which was only that long because of all the whining and bitching about it) when we have a six page and growing Descendents/All thread. You guys know about the Dork Board, right?

Technically since this is a Dag Nasty message board.....Dents/ALL have more of a place here than DDG, if you really want to get nitpicky.

I know you're just making a point but at the same time I just don't read the threads that don't interest me!
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:49 am

jaybird wrote: we mostly make fun of a retarded 40 year-old and tell each other what we had for lunch.

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! I mean, I'm not going to take the time to go over there and check it out again, but I firmly believe that The Dork Board stays exclusively on topic just like we do here. Dag Nasty! Right, guys?!
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

PreviousNext

Return to daghouse