ALL/Descendents thread (streaming link to new LP inside!)

Re: ALL/Descendents thread

Postby JGJR » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Hal wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
NotBaker wrote:Cool to be You is one of the albums that I listen to on my iPod when I run. I can't believe that it's almost 10 years old.

Glad to see someone else enjoys it!

+1

This dong bag enjoys it, too. I have waxed rhapsodic about how great "Anchor Grill" is on here before, but I won't miss another opportunity to do so.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:03 pm

FLIP!

Hoping with my eBay proceeds I can get the coffee time watch. Wretch, if you see this....how are you liking yours?
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:23 am

gregpolard wrote:FLIP!

Hoping with my eBay proceeds I can get the coffee time watch. Wretch, if you see this....how are you liking yours?

I'm babying it right now. as much as I'd like to wear it everyday, I do stuff at work and biking that would wear it out (I have other watches to prove it.) I'm saving it for certain occasions.

hmmmm...maybe I should buy a second one?
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby NotBaker » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:32 pm

Shouldn't there be a "Get the Time" watch? Not to mention "Clean Sheets"(TM) bedding? Someone call Gene Simmons, stat.
NotBaker

Postby Knutsen » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:58 pm

NotBaker wrote:Shouldn't there be a "Get the Time" watch? Not to mention "Clean Sheets"(TM) bedding? Someone call Gene Simmons, stat.

Good one! :D
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby gregpolard » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 am

NotBaker wrote:Shouldn't there be a "Get the Time" watch? Not to mention "Clean Sheets"(TM) bedding? Someone call Gene Simmons, stat.

There actually is a "Get The Time" watch! It's sold out on the Vannen site but King Road Merch has some. I don't have a working watch so after my eBay auctions ended I'm treating myself to one. I was debating between the "Get The Time" watch and the "Coffee Time" one (on www.vannenwatches.com) and noticed that not only does the Coffee Time one have our own Chris Shary's autograph but the wrist band said it smells like coffee. Is this true? If so my decision has been made. haha
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:14 am

I did indeed sign em all. I don't know if they smell like coffee, I just smell plastic, but I know they are supposed to smell like coffee. We are planning some exciting things for Christmas so be ready.........
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:18 am

Chris Shary wrote:I did indeed sign em all. I don't know if they smell like coffee, I just smell plastic, but I know they are supposed to smell like coffee. We are planning some exciting things for Christmas so be ready.........

That was actually going to be my next question. Any idea on when they'll be making an announcement??
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:15 pm

What does any of this have to do with those KISS Rock'n'Roll Over sneakers that I desperately want?! Huh??!!
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:20 pm

scannest wrote:What does any of this have to do with those KISS Rock'n'Roll Over sneakers that I desperately want?! Huh??!!

I'd rock those. Maybe.
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:29 pm

gregpolard wrote:
scannest wrote:What does any of this have to do with those KISS Rock'n'Roll Over sneakers that I desperately want?! Huh??!!

I'd rock those. Maybe.

The slip-ons, not the high tops.

Size 8.5
scannest

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:43 pm

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

I'd rock those. Maybe.

The slip-ons, not the high tops.

Size 8.5

I have a Rock'n'Roll Over phone protector. It makes me happy every time I look at it.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby Chris Shary » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:40 pm

I too have the Rock And Roll Over slip ons. Size 10. Love them. We have been discussing new designs for Vans but Vans have been restructuring their music department so we'll see. If all goes well, there are some killer designs we're sitting on.
Chris Shary

Postby scannest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:45 pm

Chris Shary wrote:I too have the Rock And Roll Over slip ons. Size 10. Love them. We have been discussing new designs for Vans but Vans have been restructuring their music department so we'll see. If all goes well, there are some killer designs we're sitting on.

I look forward to it. Wish I didn't snooze on the KISS slip-ons. Didn't realize that they would "go out of print." Aquaman claims he's got a connection in LA. We will see if he comes through.
And apparantly he's on screen being interviewed for about 3 seconds towards the end of Filmage. So he's got that going for him.
scannest

Postby Chris Shary » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:55 pm

He is indeed in FILMAGE! It's true. So that is pretty cool for sure. The thing with any special shoes that Vans does, they are always seasonal. They have them for one season and then they are gone. My son picked the KISS slip ons for me for my birthday a few years ago, so I lucked out. It's one of my favorite album covers too! I did a parody of it fro White Flag. It was their "Benefit for Cats" album. Dang, Bill Bartell was one funny dude.
Chris Shary

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on "The Trooper" (MAIDEN) high top Vans when I should have
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby scannest » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:47 pm

I swear on all that is honest and good that I did not see this article (published today) until just now:

http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2013/09/2 ... iss-kicks/
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:51 am

scannest wrote:I swear on all that is honest and good that I did not see this article (published today) until just now:

http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2013/09/2 ... iss-kicks/

I love that guy.
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:38 am

Updates:

1) my watch shipped, stoked! I can't remember the last time I had a working wrist watch. I've been wearing my 1987 X Rated Swatch for a while but it hasn't worked ever. I got it as a gift from a friend and love the look of it, obviously. One that works would set me back a lot.

2) They announced a Filmage screening for Philadelphia....on my wife's birthday when we already have plans/she works during the day/etc. So bummed but hoping that a home release comes sooner rather than later. Of all the days for it to be scheduled. Oh well.
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Trenton screening was announced for the Punk Rock Flea Market. I might have my chance to see it after "all"

JGJR, wanna see it twice? :)
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:53 pm

gregpolard wrote:Trenton screening was announced for the Punk Rock Flea Market. I might have my chance to see it after "all"

The thing in November that Joe was passing out flyers for before the FLAG show? If so, then absolutely if I can convince my wife to go up there to see the in-laws that weekend. :lol:
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:00 pm

JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Trenton screening was announced for the Punk Rock Flea Market. I might have my chance to see it after "all"

The thing in November that Joe was passing out flyers for before the FLAG show? If so, then absolutely if I can convince my wife to go up there to see the in-laws that weekend. :lol:

Yup. I'm waiting to see what time the screenings are, etc. Becky works that weekend (of course) but depending on when it is I could probably pull it off, though I'd have to drive up solo.
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:18 pm

It is a done deal. Me and JGJR are hitting up Filmage in Trenton. Stoked!!!
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:21 pm

gregpolard wrote:It is a done deal. Me and JGJR are hitting up Filmage in Trenton. Stoked!!!

And now I'm seeing it twice (not complaining; believe me; excited to see it). As I've said before, I would watch a doc or bio-pic (of any quality) on just about any musician/artist, so to see one I know is gonna be great on one of my favorite bands ever...
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:39 am

JGJR wrote:
gregpolard wrote:It is a done deal. Me and JGJR are hitting up Filmage in Trenton. Stoked!!!

And now I'm seeing it twice (not complaining; believe me; excited to see it). As I've said before, I would watch a doc or bio-pic (of any quality) on just about any musician/artist, so to see one I know is gonna be great on one of my favorite bands ever...

Plus....friendship...and pizza.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:18 am

gregpolard wrote:Plus....friendship...and pizza.

That should be an album or song title! :lol:
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:14 am

JGJR wrote:

Maybe it will be the next Descendents title....
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:08 am

gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Maybe it will be the next Descendents title....

Nah then it would be friendship and coffee!
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:32 pm

http://www.vannenwatches.com/collection ... offee-time

There's less than 30 left and of course, AFTER I order and receive mine, the price goes down to $50 from $60.
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:57 pm

Yeah we almost had to reprint the covers due to them getting messed up, minorly, at Coachella. If you contact David Stowe I'm sure he'll refund the difference. David's a very fair fella. I think you'll be pleased with the watch in general!
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Chris Shary wrote:Yeah we almost had to reprint the covers due to them getting messed up, minorly, at Coachella. If you contact David Stowe I'm sure he'll refund the difference. David's a very fair fella. I think you'll be pleased with the watch in general!

I love the watch! But I did notice the box looked a little scuffed up. I will contact him and see, thanks Chris!
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:44 pm

gregpolard wrote:http://www.vannenwatches.com/collections/watches/products/descendents-coffee-time

There's less than 30 left and of course, AFTER I order and receive mine, the price goes down to $50 from $60.

YES! time to buy another one! :D
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:36 am

WrEtcH wrote:
gregpolard wrote:http://www.vannenwatches.com/collections/watches/products/descendents-coffee-time

YES! time to buy another one! :D

haha! I instantly thought of you when I posted this. Sadly I will just have to stick with my one now and hope it doesn't get goobered up.
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:37 am

Also, looks like the "Timeage" watch is back. Hmmm
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:15 pm

posted by Chris on FB\

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:48 pm

Looks like I'm going to start skateboarding.....
gregpolard

Postby Gary » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Shouldn't those Vans be a Descendents pair?
Gary

Postby Chris Shary » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:35 pm

I wore what I was wearing…...
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:19 am

Chris, did you end up doing any new designs for ALL at the Fest??
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:56 pm

I did some art but we haven't decided what if anything new we want to do. I did just finish a new DESCENDENTS shirt for Fun Fun Fun, and I think anyone who knows their Austin punk history is going to love it! It really makes me happy....
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Chris Shary wrote:I did some art but we haven't decided what if anything new we want to do. I did just finish a new DESCENDENTS shirt for Fun Fun Fun, and I think anyone who knows their Austin punk history is going to love it! It really makes me happy....

Hmmmmm
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:36 am

Chris, that new shirt looks awesome, btw. I saw it on the ol' Facebook.
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:56 am

Greg are you talking about the one I just posted that is a collaboration with the incredible Brian Walsby? If so the majority of that was Brian, I just kinda added to it I suppose. The Fun FUn Fun one will be revealed at the fest. In addition, there will be that DESCENDENTS stencil skateboard I made (100% only one of it's kind) will be up for auction for Project LOOP, which Tim Kerr will be helping out with. Sure wish I were going to that.
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:08 am

Chris Shary wrote:Greg are you talking about the one I just posted that is a collaboration with the incredible Brian Walsby? If so the majority of that was Brian, I just kinda added to it I suppose. The Fun FUn Fun one will be revealed at the fest. In addition, there will be that DESCENDENTS stencil skateboard I made (100% only one of it's kind) will be up for auction for Project LOOP, which Tim Kerr will be helping out with. Sure wish I were going to that.

Ah, yes. The comic book looking shirt. Can't wait to see what the Fun Fun Fun design is? I am assuming that Kings Road isn't doing any Xmas designs this year?
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:41 am

We are planning on a few things BUT we haven't really locked anything down yet, I have a couple weeks to go. What we originally were talking about would have been incredible...
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Chris Shary wrote:We are planning on a few things BUT we haven't really locked anything down yet, I have a couple weeks to go. What we originally were talking about would have been incredible...

Just noticed they added the Atlas parody shirt up there. Hmmmm
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Yeah we will have a few new items up, and one is sure to be a huge hit (sorry but it won't be new music just yet).
Trust me, it's about time.
Chris Shary

Postby WrEtcH » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:59 pm

I wish Kings Road would take over the ALLroy's Revenge design. Right now SST are doing the shirts, this is not to go on the current dis-flavor of Ginn, but what I've noticed with the BLACK FLAG shirts I've bought recently, is that the screen prints don't last too long on the shirts. a couple washes and they chip away fast. So far Kings Road (and Brett) have a great on-line ordering system and the quality of their gear is great!
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 pm

WrEtcH wrote:I wish Kings Road would take over the ALLroy's Revenge design. Right now SST are doing the shirts, this is not to go on the current dis-flavor of Ginn, but what I've noticed with the BLACK FLAG shirts I've bought recently, is that the screen prints don't last too long on the shirts. a couple washes and they chip away fast. So far Kings Road (and Brett) have a great on-line ordering system and the quality of their gear is great!

Wretch, once again couldn't agree more. I ordered an Allroy Sez shirt back in the summer...the black lettering is already showing through the red of the shirt. However I also got the Allroy for Prez one and that's held up ok. I had both of these shirts (plus the Keep Your Politics Out Of My Music one) in the 90's, I wish I held onto those!
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:14 pm

yeah, again, I'm quite pleased with Kings Road/Epitaph are doing. Cinderblock is also a good merch line. No coincidence that both companies are run by people that are in bands and have put out good quality stuff for other bands
^v^
WrEtcH

PreviousNext

Return to daghouse