ALL/Descendents thread (streaming link to new LP inside!)

Re: ALL/Descendents thread

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:14 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
FormerLurker wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
FormerLurker wrote:My DVD player is about 12 years old.

I'm dumb. It's a DVD/Blu ray combo!

Oh really? You sure? If I order and it doesn't play will you send me a full refund?

dvds will play in any dvd player, no matter how old. do you not have an HD tv though? that is the only drawback of an old dvd player, as it will show stuff in Standard def on an HD tv and is essentially useless.

RIght, but this was back when I thought it was Bluray only.
FormerLurker

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:23 pm

FormerLurker wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

Oh really? You sure? If I order and it doesn't play will you send me a full refund?

Geez, sorry. Was trying to be helpful. Combo pack means 1 disc is a Blu Ray and 1 is a DVD. If the DVD disc doesn't play in your DVD player I will not give you a refund, sorry.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:23 pm

FormerLurker wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
FormerLurker wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

dvds will play in any dvd player, no matter how old. do you not have an HD tv though? that is the only drawback of an old dvd player, as it will show stuff in Standard def on an HD tv and is essentially useless.

RIght, but this was back when I thought it was Bluray only.

ah, i thought you were asking about new dvds on old dvd players.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby FormerLurker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm

gregpolard wrote:
FormerLurker wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

Geez, sorry. Was trying to be helpful. Combo pack means 1 disc is a Blu Ray and 1 is a DVD. If the DVD disc doesn't play in your DVD player I will not give you a refund, sorry.

I'll take that as a "yes"!
FormerLurker

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:32 pm

FormerLurker wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
FormerLurker wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

:roll:
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:05 pm

FormerLurker wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
FormerLurker wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

I read everything wrong anyhow, my apologies. I think I need another coffee. Carry on :)
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:30 pm

great...just spent another $70 for the DVD and 3 tshirts
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:24 pm

lewdd wrote:great...just spent another $70 for the DVD and 3 tshirts

Me too, lewdd. Me too. lol
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Placed a separate order for the travel mug. I’m a sucker.
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:16 pm

OFF! opening for DESCENDENTS? Doesn't get much better than that. Probably one of teh best shows I've ever seen from DESCENDENTS on Sunday night. Totally shredded! Tony Adolescent did "No Way" with them as an encore. Really special moment, but even more special was hanging with Milo and Tony and a few other friends for over an hour in front of Donut Man in Glendora afterwards. Great night all around.
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:18 am

Chris Shary wrote:OFF! opening for DESCENDENTS? Doesn't get much better than that. Probably one of teh best shows I've ever seen from DESCENDENTS on Sunday night. Totally shredded! Tony Adolescent did "No Way" with them as an encore. Really special moment, but even more special was hanging with Milo and Tony and a few other friends for over an hour in front of Donut Man in Glendora afterwards. Great night all around.

Chris Shary, Descendents AND Donuts? That sounds like my idea of heaven. Maybe some day :)
gregpolard

Postby earthdog70 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:45 am

Pre-ordered the Blu-ray. I am over my shirt quota already Lewdd :D
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby gregpolard » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:49 am

earthdog70 wrote:Pre-ordered the Blu-ray. I am over my shirt quota already Lewdd :D

I am too. But couldn't resist.
gregpolard

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:54 am

Eathdog, there is no such thing as a shirt quota! ALL!
Milo and I went to 3 donut shops between 1 and 4 AM looking for Apple Fritters. No luck.
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 am

Chris Shary wrote:Eathdog, there is no such thing as a shirt quota! ALL!
Milo and I went to 3 donut shops between 1 and 4 AM looking for Apple Fritters. No luck.

Mmmmm apple fritters...
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Chris! Next time you go to the Great American Music Hall, go to Bob's Donuts! open 24/7 and SF's best donuts!
http://www.yelp.com/biz/bobs-donut-and- ... rancisco-2

they even have one this huge!

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:19 pm

Wretch, you got it buddy!
That BIG DONUT is just showing off....
Chris Shary

Postby lewdd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:35 pm

earthdog70 wrote:Pre-ordered the Blu-ray. I am over my shirt quota already Lewdd :D

I have a few bands that don't have a quota and the Descendents/ALL are one of them.
lewdd

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Lewdd, thanks for helping pay for my sons braces!
Chris Shary

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:15 pm

So have you guys seen FILMAGE yet?
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:32 pm

Chris Shary wrote:Lewdd, thanks for helping pay for my sons braces!

I’ve ordered quite a few shirts from Kingsroad too :)

I think at this point I have over 20 dents/all designs, and 3 more to come w/ the Blu Ray

Just got done watching Filmage that I got from iTunes, too. Cannot wait to get the Blu Ray to see the bonus stuff.
gregpolard

Postby 77clash » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Chris Shary wrote:So have you guys seen FILMAGE yet?

No, I am having trouble getting my download link. I just sent an email to the filmage folks to help me resolve. Also, I have been out of town since last Friday and just walked in the door.
77clash

Postby gregpolard » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:23 am

I can't wait to see the bonus stuff, specifically the stuff with Tony. His story is so intriguing to me for some reason. I love the fact that he was basically my age when the band started.
gregpolard

Postby jaybird » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:30 am

gregpolard wrote:I can't wait to see the bonus stuff, specifically the stuff with Tony. His story is so intriguing to me for some reason. I love the fact that he was basically my age when the band started.

It blew my mind earlier this year when I found out the dude is as old as my dad. I always figured he was probably a few years older than the rest of them, but it just shows how free and wide-open the early punk scene was in those days... like now, a dude well into his 30s playing in a band with a bunch of high-school kids would probably be thought of as some sort of creepy weirdo/loser.
jaybird

Postby gregpolard » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:31 am

jaybird wrote:
gregpolard wrote:I can't wait to see the bonus stuff, specifically the stuff with Tony. His story is so intriguing to me for some reason. I love the fact that he was basically my age when the band started.

It blew my mind earlier this year when I found out the dude is as old as my dad. I always figured he was probably a few years older than the rest of them, but it just shows how free and wide-open the early punk scene was in those days... like now, a dude well into his 30s playing in a band with a bunch of high-school kids would probably be thought of as some sort of creepy weirdo/loser.

There goes my plans to start a band this weekend with the kids in my neighborhood :)
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:05 pm

My friend was on vacation in CA and caught the Dents show as well as the ALL show/Filmage.

Here’s the full Dents set:

gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:07 pm

just watched all of the bonus download material from Filmage. Awesomage!!
lewdd

Postby Chris Shary » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:44 am

Yeah the bonus footage is almost like an retelling of the story, but as a B side.
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:07 am

Chris Shary wrote:Yeah the bonus footage is almost like an retelling of the story, but as a B side.

Can't wait to see it. Chris, are you featured in any of the bonus footage? I'd love if they had some more info on how your work with them began, etc.
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Shary has a cameo appearance in the bonus material. He talks about how Karl designed the ALL logo Allroy.
lewdd

Postby Chris Shary » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Thanks Lewdd, I didn't really recall. They filmed me drawing a lot at my house, and i think some of that is in there too.
Chris Shary

Postby obik » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Chris Shary wrote:Thanks Lewdd, I didn't really recall. They filmed me drawing a lot at my house, and i think some of that is in there too.

Did they use any footage from the cameras I installed in your bathroom? I gave 'em like 90 hours of material.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby lewdd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Chris Shary wrote:Thanks Lewdd, I didn't really recall. They filmed me drawing a lot at my house, and i think some of that is in there too.

There was some drawing, but I don't recall it showing who was performing the drawing though it makes sense it would be you. You could probably tell by your hands sorta like Costanza the hand model. ;)
lewdd

Postby Chris Shary » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Lots of poop footage to wade through from that bathroom camera….
Chris Shary

Postby gregpolard » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Can’t wait to see the bonus footage! I am bummed the iTunes version doesn’t have it but it makes the Blu Ray all the more special.
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:40 pm

They need to release another blu ray with 10+ hours of concert footage from their entire career with full songs. The bonus material had 4-5 songs which were awesome.
lewdd

Postby ClamShack » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:04 pm

So what's the deal with Ray Cooper. Does anyone know anything about him besides that he is shy and was in Descendents/SWA//Buggerall?
ClamShack

Postby gregpolard » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:10 pm

ClamShack wrote:So what's the deal with Ray Cooper. Does anyone know anything about him besides that he is shy and was in Descendents/SWA//Buggerall?

I wonder this myself. I know he declined to be in the movie, but that’s about it.
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:47 pm

gregpolard wrote:
ClamShack wrote:So what's the deal with Ray Cooper. Does anyone know anything about him besides that he is shy and was in Descendents/SWA//Buggerall?

I wonder this myself. I know he declined to be in the movie, but that’s about it.

he was in the bonus material
lewdd

Postby The Snake » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:35 am

He was also in Spiffy with Tony Lombardo. Great pop punk in the vein of Descendents, off course.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/2420706-Spiffy-3

http://wilfullyobscure.blogspot.com/201 ... astic.html
The link is expired unfortunately.
The Snake

Postby Chris Shary » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:47 am

Ray is a very private person and declined to be interview many times for FILMAGE. Ray also happens to be a really great guy, and is living outside of Chicago. Hasn't played guitar in a while. He and his wife Laura did see DESCENDENTS at Riot Fest in Chicago in 2012 and had a ball.
Chris Shary

Postby WrEtcH » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:08 pm

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby ClamShack » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:57 pm

Wow, they actually answered my question

Q: Why did Ray Cooper leave, and did he write anything?

A: ray just kinda got burned out on all the touring and having nowhere to live. completely understandable. he wrote a few portions of songs on Enjoy...
ClamShack

Postby lewdd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:04 pm

This cracked me up.

before playing the show last night I had 6 espressos, some sub lingual b-12, and some weird workout drink that John Lisa Gave me - bill
lewdd

Postby earthdog70 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:35 pm

I asked for a Spiffy "re-up" on that blog. Will keep peeps here posted :bag:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby The Snake » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Here it is. Spiffy - Singles (1996.)
Two singles, 5 songs, same session recorded in Blasting room.
Sounds a lot like Everything Sucks, at least to me.
The songs are great, pop punk as it best.
Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f6lc1 ... 996%29.rar
The Snake

Postby 77clash » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 pm

I was just going thru some CD-Rs in my closet yesterday. I found one labeled Descendents Family Tree Vol 1-2

Massacre Guys
Pale
Spiffy
Left Insane
October Faction
77clash

Postby The Snake » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:16 pm

77clash wrote:I was just going thru some CD-Rs in my closet yesterday. I found one labeled Descendents Family Tree Vol 1-2

Massacre Guys
Pale
Spiffy
Left Insane
October Faction

What kind of music were playing Left Insane and whats Pale, who played here from Descendents?
The Snake

Postby The Snake » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:29 pm

Just downloaded Left Insane - Toolbox and listening. Not bad.
The Snake

Postby lewdd » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:43 pm

Pale was Descendents and Dag Nasty's own Doug Carrion.
lewdd

PreviousNext

Return to daghouse