Rap sux.

Re: Rap sux.

Postby matt » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:32 am

jaybird wrote:So... the AstroWorld disaster...

Children died and you want to mock who they chose to go see? That's pretty vile, even for you.
matt
Site Admin

Postby jaybird » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:13 pm

If you think I'm mocking the people who died rather than Travis Scott and the Event Promoters who are responsible for this horror, your reading comprehension is even worse than I thought it was.
jaybird

Postby matt » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:18 pm

jaybird wrote:If you think I'm mocking the people who died rather than Travis Scott and the Event Promoters who are responsible for this horror, your reading comprehension is even worse than I thought it was.

matt wrote:...you want to mock who they chose to go see?

Ok.
matt
Site Admin

Postby jaybird » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Yes, I think a piece of shit who can't be bothered to stop his show while he is actually seeing people die in front of him should be mocked, among other things. /shrug

I mean it's not like it can't be done:

https://twitter.com/bombalurina03/statu ... 20289?s=20
jaybird

Postby jaybird » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:38 pm

Yeah, fuck this guy... hope he gets sued for everything he's got and does jail time to boot:

jaybird

Postby matt » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:14 pm

jaybird wrote:Yeah, fuck this guy... hope he gets sued for everything he's got and does jail time to boot:

Yep. I don't know if the law will say he's liable by simply not stopping the show (as opposed to saying shit to incite it). Obviously, there were major problems and I hope they get to the bottom of it so that it doesn't happen again. My kids both go to big concerts and this shit is terrifying.
matt
Site Admin

Postby scannest » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:28 pm

My son (he's 16) is a huge fan and this could easily have been something he would have gone to if it was local. My wife has always been more reluctant than me to allow him to go to shows with this friends. I guess I can take cold comfort in that he seems to be a wuss like his old man and is not likely to find himself in the pit.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby jaybird » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:41 pm

matt wrote:
jaybird wrote:Yeah, fuck this guy... hope he gets sued for everything he's got and does jail time to boot:

Yep. I don't know if the law will say he's liable by simply not stopping the show (as opposed to saying shit to incite it). Obviously, there were major problems and I hope they get to the bottom of it so that it doesn't happen again. My kids both go to big concerts and this shit is terrifying.

He's fucked... he went on a tweet-deletion spree after the fact, removing all his tweets leading up to and on the day of the event about encouraging his fans to sneak in and "rage":

... he's also been arrested for inciting riots at his shows at least twice before:

https://abc7.com/travis-scott-rapper-ho ... s/1992723/

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... age-57069/

Seriously fuck this idiot.
jaybird

Postby drew » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:11 pm

scannest wrote:My son (he's 16) is a huge fan and this could easily have been something he would have gone to if it was local. My wife has always been more reluctant than me to allow him to go to shows with this friends. I guess I can take cold comfort in that he seems to be a wuss like his old man and is not likely to find himself in the pit.

At 16 I was hanging in the shittiest spots on the Lower East Side with my birth certificate as I.D. My parents hated that I was going to "The Bowery". Every bad 'hood in NYC would be labeled "the Bowery" if you were downtown and "Harlem" if you were uptown. Walking down scary streets to be with even scarier people inside the club......why wouldn't you want your son doing that?
drew

Postby SamDBL » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:42 pm

gregpolard wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:Its the same old scenario. Once someone says they hate rap, they're automatically a racist. Even though race was nowhere to be found within the topic. The ultra lib PC thugs conveniently add race to the equation.

Who said you were racist? You asked if *I* was lol

LMFAO...WELP...Who exactly were you referring to with this one:

"This thread is very "old white guy" :lol:

Def read this :

https://www.aclrc.com/myth-of-reverse-racism

Omg. :lol:
SamDBL

Postby gregpolard » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:11 am

SamDBL wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:Its the same old scenario. Once someone says they hate rap, they're automatically a racist. Even though race was nowhere to be found within the topic. The ultra lib PC thugs conveniently add race to the equation.

Def read this :

No regrets.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby SamDBL » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:33 am

gregpolard wrote:
SamDBL wrote:
gregpolard wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

Def read this :

Pseudo-intellectual gobbledygook with exactly zero evidence to support one syllable of it. Just a bunch of half-baked declarations taken as fact. From which is drawn the absurd conclusion that a black person beating up a white person solely for being white is not actually racism, you see. Brilliant stuff.
SamDBL

Postby JGJR » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:36 am

SamDBL wrote:Pseudo-intellectual gobbledygook

This is too perfect to tamper with.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby SamDBL » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:54 am

JGJR wrote:

As in, falsely appearing to be intellectual. I liked it better 20 years ago when the political sphere was overrun with religious nuts telling us, with unflappable confidence, that the earth is 6,000 years old and that invisible demons surround us. The current gospel spewed by people with 4 year degrees, while as illogical and unsupported as the stuff in the new testament, is way less colorful (pardon the pun) and entertaining.
SamDBL

Postby JGJR » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:56 pm

SamDBL wrote:
JGJR wrote:

As in, falsely appearing to be intellectual. I liked it better 20 years ago when the political sphere was overrun with religious nuts telling us, with unflappable confidence, that the earth is 6,000 years old and that invisible demons surround us. The current gospel spewed by people with 4 year degrees, while as illogical and unsupported as the stuff in the new testament, is way less colorful (pardon the pun) and entertaining.

Here's the thing. It is STILL overrun with those same religious nuts who have been dominated the political landscape for the past 40 plus years since Reagan got into power. You and others just choose not to focus on them because you're more concerned with using the incorrect pronouns or whatever. I mean you know what's happening in Texas and in other state legislatures, right?
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby SamDBL » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:48 pm

JGJR wrote:
SamDBL wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Here's the thing. It is STILL overrun with those same religious nuts who have been dominated the political landscape for the past 40 plus years since Reagan got into power. You and others just choose not to focus on them because you're more concerned with using the incorrect pronouns or whatever. I mean you know what's happening in Texas and in other state legislatures, right?

You are changing the subject. From my vantage point, back when GWB was in office and religious rhetoric absolutely *dominated* political discourse... from 'faith-based initiatives' to covering up topless statues and prayer sessions every morning in the white house has changed dramatically. Those people absolutely no longer have the conch, and haven't for a good long while. Even Trump didn't bother catering to them except in the most superficial photo-op here and there. But all of this is totally beside the point I was making. Which is 'a hurricane hit the Florida Keys because god was mad at the gay people' makes exactly as much sense as 'a black person hating a white person because of their race is not racism'. Those statements both make total, logical sense if you are ensconced in the doctrines of the religions. But from a more objective viewpoint without having a point to prove either way... they are both just fucking silly claims.
SamDBL

Postby SamDBL » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:54 pm

God, that website even has a section on 'whiteness'. Fuck off. Next time someone tells me dead people can't rise from the dead, I'm going to mic drop their uneducated ass with a link to Leviticus.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:33 pm

flip.
xxxMidgexxx

Previous

Return to daghouse