The Posies - a thread

Re: The Posies - a thread

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:25 pm

Damn...sorry that I just wanted to discuss some good tunes and was happy that a FRIEND would chime in!

MIDGE F LIGHTWEIGHT....words hurt.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:40 pm

gregpolard wrote:5) The live stream this past weekend was awesome. I popped it on my laptop and sat while drinking an ice cold watermelon seltzer and was having running commentary on it via a text thread w/ Jude (my STdu cohost) and another friend.

I keep checking setlist.fm for the..um, setlist. I am curious.

On a related note, Jon & Ken will be part of an acoustic "SONGS OF BIG STAR" show in Brooklyn in November. Also taking part are Jody Stephens, Mike Mills, Ira Kaplan, and Chris Stamey.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:13 pm

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:5) The live stream this past weekend was awesome. I popped it on my laptop and sat while drinking an ice cold watermelon seltzer and was having running commentary on it via a text thread w/ Jude (my STdu cohost) and another friend.

I keep checking setlist.fm for the..um, setlist. I am curious.

On a related note, Jon & Ken will be part of an acoustic "SONGS OF BIG STAR" show in Brooklyn in November. Also taking part are Jody Stephens, Mike Mills, Ira Kaplan, and Chris Stamey.

Just saw! you gonna go? I'd like to try and make it up if I can find someone else from the area that wants to go

Also, I keep looking for a setlist as well. It was a nice mix.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:09 pm

gregpolard wrote:Damn...sorry that I just wanted to discuss some good tunes and was happy that a FRIEND would chime in!

MIDGE F LIGHTWEIGHT....words hurt.

BETTER NOT BE VEGAN, GREG!!!!!!!
xxxMidgexxx

Postby scannest » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:29 am

gregpolard wrote:Just saw! you gonna go? I'd like to try and make it up if I can find someone else from the area that wants to go

That is the plan.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:58 am

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Just saw! you gonna go? I'd like to try and make it up if I can find someone else from the area that wants to go

That is the plan.

Planning to be there as well
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:37 am

For the newest episode of "Somethin To Du" we had a chat with Ken Stringfellow. Check it out on Spotify or Apple if you desire.
gregpolard

Previous

Return to daghouse