UPCOMING SHOWS!

Re: UPCOMING SHOWS!

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:56 am

lewdd wrote:Descendents were awesome in Philly despite Milo's voice having some issues as it was his third night in a row singing. Several songs from the new album. "Nightage" was great, but all of them were too.

11th time I have seen them now.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/descende ... f041f.html

The setlist looks almost identical to the one in Asbury Park. I love that they've added "Global Probing" to the set!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/descende ... f1c8c.html

This was my 7th time seeing them, at least that I can remember, 8 if you include the one-off ALL show at City Gardens when Milo sang and it was a Descendents-heavy set.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby drew » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:31 am

‘Dents were great Friday night. I’ll see them again on a headlining tour for sure.
drew

Postby lewdd » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:41 am

Unfortunate that they only played 45-50 minutes. I wanted much more. It was the first time that my buddy saw them play. He was blown away. They look like they are having so much fun up there. Bill has a smile on his face the whole evening. Great mix of songs across all of their albums. Looks like they are playing two weeks around Germany in late July and early August of next year. Hopefully, the new album is out by then and they tour the Fall in the USA behind a new record. I was a little disappointed that there was no Philly specific t-shirt for me to buy maybe Shary can shed some light on that. Bought a tour shirt though and had a lawyer talk to me on the sidewalk in front of my hotel this morning while I was waiting for my car to be brought around. Had at least 5 people say something about my cartoon Salad Days t-shirt yesterday. It got us a free round of drinks at McGillin's last night when we hit it for the second time yesterday after we got back from the show.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:18 am

lewdd wrote:Unfortunate that they only played 45-50 minutes. I wanted much more. It was the first time that my buddy saw them play. He was blown away. They look like they are having so much fun up there. Bill has a smile on his face the whole evening. Great mix of songs across all of their albums. Looks like they are playing two weeks around Germany in late July and early August of next year. Hopefully, the new album is out by then and they tour the Fall in the USA behind a new record. I was a little disappointed that there was no Philly specific t-shirt for me to buy maybe Shary can shed some light on that. Bought a tour shirt though and had a lawyer talk to me on the sidewalk in front of my hotel this morning while I was waiting for my car to be brought around. Had at least 5 people say something about my cartoon Salad Days t-shirt yesterday. It got us a free round of drinks at McGillin's last night when we hit it for the second time yesterday after we got back from the show.

What's the Salad Days shirt?
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:42 am

lewdd

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:15 pm

lewdd wrote:https://bifocalmedia.com/product/salad-days/

Thanks!
JGJR

Postby Gary » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:11 pm

Just found out Descendents are playing Dublin in June next year. Never seen them( although managed to see All twice,Scott era) Beyond stoked!!!!
Gary

Postby JGJR » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:10 am

This will probably only be of interest to VS and maybe a few others on here, but I saw Buffy Saint-Marie in Brooklyn the other night. At 80, she is lively, vivacious, her voice intact, and just incredible. She didn't play "Cod'ine," but we got "The Universal Soldier" and other '60s/'70s jams. And I found out that she wrote the massive early '80s hit for Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes called "Up Where We Belong" as I had no idea. I hope I still have that much energy at that age. She had a backing band and they were OK, but I preferred the songs where it was just her on guitar and/or keyboard.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:32 am

I wonder how scannest's interview with John Doe went.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:04 am

Already starting to see bands dropping off shows etc. :|
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby DelGriffith » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:50 am

This Delta Variant isn’t messing around..
DelGriffith

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:53 am

DelGriffith wrote:This Delta Variant isn’t messing around..

I haven't been to a show in years.

*Seriously, as of right now December 2019 was my last live music apart from going to the Bitter Branches music video shoot where they played one song over and over last month.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:41 am

Glad I got to see the Descendents before shows start being cancelled. New Orleans Jazz Festival announced their October festival has been cancelled.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:45 am

lewdd wrote:Glad I got to see the Descendents before shows start being cancelled. New Orleans Jazz Festival announced their October festival has been cancelled.

Just saw that

If i'm being honest, that was a big reason I didn't go to the Dents last weekend. My youngest kid still isn't vaccinated and the idea of being in a big event like that (yes, even outdoors)...I PERSONALLY am not really ready for it yet. But that's my trip.
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:44 am

lewdd wrote:I wonder how scannest's interview with John Doe went.

Alas, I didn't get to pass on JGJR's best wishes in person.
I thought X was terrific. I had never seen them with the auxiliary player before, but Aquaman says he's been playing with them for a couple years now. He played acoustic guitar on the ALPHABETLAND songs (I'd be hard pressed to say I heard him in the mix), but he also played drums on 'Come Back to Me' and 'I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts' while DJ switched over to vibes. I loved it. Here's the setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/x/2021/p ... f1532.html
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:06 pm

scannest wrote:
lewdd wrote:I wonder how scannest's interview with John Doe went.

Alas, I didn't get to pass on JGJR's best wishes in person.
I thought X was terrific. I had never seen them with the auxiliary player before, but Aquaman says he's been playing with them for a couple years now. He played acoustic guitar on the ALPHABETLAND songs (I'd be hard pressed to say I heard him in the mix), but he also played drums on 'Come Back to Me' and 'I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts' while DJ switched over to vibes. I loved it. Here's the setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/x/2021/p ... f1532.html

Great setlist. I like that they're adding more obscure album tracks from the 3rd and 4th records to the set over time. It's awesome that they played "Come Back to Me." I have been fortunate enough to see them probably a dozen times or something between 1995 and 2017 (haven't seen them since and am jonesing) and I have never seen them do that one. I don't think I've ever seen them do "Dancing with Tears in My Eyes" live, either.

As for John, no worries. :lol: That man is just a joy to be around. I hope to say hi to him in person soon enough once he returns to play here and it's safe to do so, etc.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:09 pm

lewdd wrote:Glad I got to see the Descendents before shows start being cancelled.

This. So much this. They were so great.
JGJR

Postby drew » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:26 pm

JGJR wrote:
lewdd wrote:Glad I got to see the Descendents before shows start being cancelled.

This. So much this. They were so great.

Yep. I was to put down my next eight(!!) shows on the calendar but it’s gonna be too depressing watching them fall one by one.

1st casualty: Jazz Fest in New Orleans Had tix, hotel, flight……….ugh
drew

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:50 pm

It really sucks.
gregpolard

Postby earthdog70 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:54 pm

Teenage Bottlerocket Boston show in October that I bought a ticket was cancelled this week.

I want to get to The Welch Boys show Friday-hope it doesn't get the ax :roll:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby drew » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:43 pm

The Gories- 9/11 TV Eye
Bob Mould- 9/17. Webster Hall
Osees- 9/25. Warsaw
Quicksand- 9/29. Stone Pony
Waxahatchee- 10/13. Elsewhere. I’ve had these tix for more than two years. Refund never offered She wants her money. Lol
Ronny Cheing- 10/29. The Fillmore. Philly
Come- 11/6. Union Pool
Dinosaur Jr.- 11/20. BK Steel
Lemonheads- 11/22? 23? Irving Plaza
Human Impact- 11/26. Market hotel
Guided By Voices - 12/31. BK Made

Possible- Dream Syndicate 12/4. But I think Im Good unless shit gets canceled
drew

Postby JGJR » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:50 pm

I saw Wilco at Forest Hills Stadium a little over a week ago. I missed Sleater-Kinney's entire set thanks to MTA delays and to their set getting called halfway through due to lightning. After about an hour and half rain delay, Wilco came on at 8:30. I only watched the first 5-6 songs as it just got too rainy to stay outside after that, but I heard the entire set and they were phenomenal. Nels Cline is just an absolute monster on the guitar.

At 10 (that venue has a really strict curfew), right as everyone was heading out, the heavens opened up and we experienced the largest amount of rainfall in an hour in NYC ever. Needless to say, I got soaked on the walk back to the subway, but it was worth it.
JGJR

Postby scannest » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:33 am

Yo La Tengo at TV EYE on 9/14.
scannest

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:38 am

Blue Oyster Cult at the Birchmere. Tonight.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby gregpolard » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:54 am

I just realized how quickly that Bob Mould show is creeping up. That will be my first Covid era show. Almost 21 months to the day of my last one.
gregpolard

Postby lewdd » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:57 am

gregpolard wrote:I just realized how quickly that Bob Mould show is creeping up. That will be my first Covid era show. Almost 21 months to the day of my last one.

If it is indoors, you will have to wear a mask for the entire show. I decided not to buy tix for Bad Religion because of that requirement in Philly now. I am not against wearing a mask. I just don't want to wear one for 3+ hours straight.

Glad that I go to see the Descendents show before this newest spike in viruses started.
lewdd

Postby gregpolard » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:18 pm

Yep the Bob Mould show at UT is now vax/mask required. I'm ok with it but it will definitely be frustrating to wear a mask inside a packed show for that long.
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:41 pm

I went to California recently, which meant spending roughly 8 hours with a mask on (between being at the airport(s) and on my flights). It was no big deal. Suck it up, snowflakes.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:51 pm

scannest wrote:I went to California recently, which meant spending roughly 8 hours with a mask on (between being at the airport(s) and on my flights). It was no big deal. Suck it up, snowflakes.

BUT MY FREEDOM

I'm just glad I also have fresh contact lenses, because glasses fogging up at a show would be peak level annoying.
gregpolard

Postby earthdog70 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:54 pm

I did go see Minibeast last Saturday night and masks were required, except when actively drinking or eating. I tried to stay "actively drinking" for most of the night so it wasn't that bad :D . Also was there for this Boston area band's album release. Some here may like these guys:

https://wirelines1.bandcamp.com/album/harvest-verses

:arrow:
earthdog70

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Guided By Voices Boston and NYC shows postponed due to "illness." I guess I will be watching my Skynyrd at Knebworth DVD this Sat instead.

Oh and Richie Ramone's whole fall tour was also postponed until next year. :(
earthdog70

Postby captain2man » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:45 am

Messthetics / Marc Ribot @ Bell House, Brooklyn - 10/7
Polaris @ Mercury Lounge - 10/8
Ministry / Front Line Assembly / Helmet @ The Paramount - 10/15
Judas Priest in NJ - 10/27
Cheap Trick @ Paramount - 11/4
Raven @ Brooklyn Monarch - 11/18
Girls vs. Boys / Hammered Hulls @ Williamsburgh Hall of Music - 2/11
captain2man

Postby Hal » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:15 pm

Hal wrote:And the list grows.

ALANIS MORISSETTE/GARBAGE/LIZ PHAIR 8/28 @Meadows, Hartford
BOB MOULD BAND 9/16 @Paradise, Boston
AGENT ORANGE 10/12 @Cafe Nine, New Haven
FIELD DAY/MOVING TARGETS 11/13 @Middle East, Boston
CIRCLE JERKS 4/7/22 @Paradise, Boston
CIRCLE JERKS 4/16/22 @Black Cat, DC

Agent Orange postponed until 10/21/22 :cry:
Hal

Postby drew » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:30 pm

scannest wrote:Yo La Tengo at TV EYE on 9/14.

Wow, really? I was there Saturday for The Gories, who were great.
Yo La Tengo is gonna be awesome. Have your been there? Pretty much laid out exactly like Union Pool.
Worst part for me is the location. The middle of Ridgewood is a bit of a bridge-too-far for me.
drew

Postby drew » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:45 pm

gregpolard wrote:Yep the Bob Mould show at UT is now vax/mask required. I'm ok with it but it will definitely be frustrating to wear a mask inside a packed show for that long.

Just got that message. Honestly, I’m so upset I don’t want to go anymore. I am vaxxed, we show our proof on the app at bars, restaurants, shows…etc…….I was at a show the other night and everyone had to show proof of vaxx. That’s great.
So why now this again? I’m done wearing a mask for long periods. If I can convince my -way-more-easy-going-than-me- wife to not go I will give away these tickets.

Very mad at Bob Mould right now.
drew

Postby scannest » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:17 pm

drew wrote:Wow, really? I was there Saturday for The Gories, who were great.
Yo La Tengo is gonna be awesome. Have your been there? Pretty much laid out exactly like Union Pool.
Worst part for me is the location. The middle of Ridgewood is a bit of a bridge-too-far for me.

Yeah, they're playing 3 shows. Todd from Maxwell's is one of the owners so it make perfect sense.
Ridgewood is actually ideal for me. Only about a 25 minute drive and easy(ish) to park.
scannest

Postby scannest » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:20 pm

drew wrote:Very mad at Bob Mould right now.

You don't have to wear a mask while actively drinking/eating. Doesn't that cover like 75% of your time indoors?
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:26 pm

drew wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Yep the Bob Mould show at UT is now vax/mask required. I'm ok with it but it will definitely be frustrating to wear a mask inside a packed show for that long.

Just got that message. Honestly, I’m so upset I don’t want to go anymore. I am vaxxed, we show our proof on the app at bars, restaurants, shows…etc…….I was at a show the other night and everyone had to show proof of vaxx. That’s great.
So why now this again? I’m done wearing a mask for long periods. If I can convince my -way-more-easy-going-than-me- wife to not go I will give away these tickets.

I get that, but you realize why masks are being required again, right? it is less than ideal, for sure. Honestly, I truly think the CDC let loose of the restrictions too soon when they did back in May. It kind of lulled people into a false sense of security. This delta variant is no joke. I know two people who went to shows and got Covid in the last month, and it's brutal. They are vaccinated, both. But it takes weeks to recover, if you're lucky. If that means wearing a mask and having others do the same, I'm all for it. I'm not mad at Bob at all. He's 60 years old, he's not taking chances.
gregpolard

Postby drew » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:39 pm

gregpolard wrote:
drew wrote:

I get that, but you realize why masks are being required again, right? it is less than ideal, for sure. Honestly, I truly think the CDC let loose of the restrictions too soon when they did back in May. It kind of lulled people into a false sense of security. This delta variant is no joke. I know two people who went to shows and got Covid in the last month, and it's brutal. They are vaccinated, both. But it takes weeks to recover, if you're lucky. If that means wearing a mask and having others do the same, I'm all for it. I'm not mad at Bob at all. He's 60 years old, he's not taking chances.

I get it. I still have to wear a mask when seeing accounts and anytime I’m at the office. I wear one to the supermarket.
At a show though, I’m not stagnant. My wife & a couple of friends are going. I want to be able to talk & converse with people. Plus I usually have a few cocktails…….I don’t just stand there for 2-3 hours. I just don’t see how the whole experience remains enjoyable….Why not just put out chairs and have everyone sit?
drew

Postby lewdd » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:24 pm

I'm with you, Drew. I just don't see the experience being enjoyable having to wear a mask. I where a mask for an hour at physical therapy, at doctor appointments, and any other place that requires them. I have no interest in going to a show and having to wear a mask. Now, if by chance a great band that is on my bucket list happens to be playing a one time only show then I may change my mind.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:47 pm

lewdd wrote:I'm with you, Drew. I just don't see the experience being enjoyable having to wear a mask. I where a mask for an hour at physical therapy, at doctor appointments, and any other place that requires them. I have no interest in going to a show and having to wear a mask. Now, if by chance a great band that is on my bucket list happens to be playing a one time only show then I may change my mind.

I wore a mask when I was watching Descendents *outside* back in July because it was just so crowded. They were still great. Just sayin'. On one hand, I am hesitant to go to indoor shows because of the Delta variant even though I'm vaxxed, etc., but on the other hand, I might take drew's Bob Mould tix if they're on offer lol.
JGJR

Postby drew » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:53 pm

scannest wrote:

You don't have to wear a mask while actively drinking/eating. Doesn't that cover like 75% of your time indoors?

Yea, my wife just dropped that same logic on me. And she said to just eat a Gummi before we go in and I won’t give a shit. Can’t argue with that.
drew

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:14 am

drew wrote:
scannest wrote:

Yea, my wife just dropped that same logic on me. And she said to just eat a Gummi before we go in and I won’t give a shit. Can’t argue with that.

I like how you both think; just hope you don't have to drive afterward or that she's your designated driver. :lol:

Seriously, enjoy the show!
JGJR

Postby drew » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:50 pm

JGJR wrote:
drew wrote:
scannest wrote:

I like how you both think; just hope you don't have to drive afterward or that she's your designated driver. :lol:

Seriously, enjoy the show!

Haha. No driving for us. A nap while in an Uber home will mean we had a good night.
drew

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:58 pm

Hammered Hulls and Lydia Lunch at the Black Cat this Thursday.
Bim Skala Bim and Dot Dash at the Pie Shop on Friday.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby gregpolard » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:25 am

Ken Stringfellow @ 118 North in Wayne, PA on 11/6
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:28 pm

gregpolard wrote:Ken Stringfellow @ 118 North in Wayne, PA on 11/6

Did you book the show?
scannest

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:34 pm

xxxHunterxxx wrote:Hammered Hulls and Lydia Lunch at the Black Cat this Thursday.

never mind the Black Cat.

When am I getting invited to the Chase Lounge to mingle with my new girlfriend?
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:18 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:Hammered Hulls and Lydia Lunch at the Black Cat this Thursday.

never mind the Black Cat.

When am I getting invited to the Chase Lounge to mingle with my new girlfriend?

I think Gore Vidal succeeded in getting you banned for life.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby gregpolard » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:04 pm

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Ken Stringfellow @ 118 North in Wayne, PA on 11/6

Did you book the show?

This made me LOL

I wish! Big Star thingie is the next night...hmmmmmmmm
gregpolard

PreviousNext

Return to daghouse