UPCOMING SHOWS!

Re: UPCOMING SHOWS!

Postby drew » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:49 am

Anyone hitting Bob Mould tonight? Find me, I’ll be the guy too drunk too hold a coherent conversation.
drew

Postby scannest » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:54 am

drew wrote:Anyone hitting Bob Mould tonight? Find me, I’ll be the guy too drunk too hold a coherent conversation.

I'll be there with Pilster. Look for the dudes with the masks.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby lewdd » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:36 pm

drew wrote:Anyone hitting Bob Mould tonight? Find me, I’ll be the guy too drunk too hold a coherent conversation.

That's been over a month now for me. ;)
lewdd

Postby DelGriffith » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:58 pm

A buddy had a free ticket for Bob Mould on Friday at Webster Hall. Stunning show
DelGriffith

Postby scannest » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:13 pm

DelGriffith wrote:A buddy had a free ticket for Bob Mould on Friday at Webster Hall. Stunning show

I thought it picked up steam as it went along, but front loading the show with new songs was a bummer when you don't like the new record all that much.
scannest

Postby drew » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:39 pm

scannest wrote:
DelGriffith wrote:A buddy had a free ticket for Bob Mould on Friday at Webster Hall. Stunning show

I thought it picked up steam as it went along, but front loading the show with new songs was a bummer when you don't like the new record all that much.

I agree. But after 2-3 tunes they were cookin’
Jason Narducy is the Michael Anthony of Alt—Rock.
drew

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:55 pm

I love "Blue Hearts' but I was surprised to see how stacked it was on that material at the beginning
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby drew » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:21 pm

gregpolard wrote:I love "Blue Hearts' but I was surprised to see how stacked it was on that material at the beginning

I know you love Sting……at the Beacon theater on “The Soul Cages” tour he opened with 6-7 songs from that album, and that is a very mellow album….it was rough. But then it picked up.
drew

Postby scannest » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:58 pm

gregpolard wrote:I love "Blue Hearts' but I was surprised to see how stacked it was on that material at the beginning

It might have been for more practical reasons. Bob had a capo in the same position for all the new songs at the beginning of the show. Given how he likes to shotgun tunes it makes sense he would play all the songs with "capo on 3" together.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:50 pm

scannest wrote:

It might have been for more practical reasons. Bob had a capo in the same position for all the new songs at the beginning of the show. Given how he likes to shotgun tunes it makes sense he would play all the songs with "capo on 3" together.

His guitar went out during the 1st few songs in DC on Saturday night, so he played those songs doing vocals only! His bandmater Jon Wurster posted it on Instagram, so I'm sure you saw it.

Oh, and I went to see Patti Smith last night in Central Park. The weather was gorgeous, the sound spectacular (standing right by the soundboard helped), and the setlist was a nice mix of '70s stuff, '90s/'00s stuff, and plenty of well-chosen covers. The only (very slight) bummer was being pushed to make room for a member of security to go into the sound booth during one of the show's most intense moments, the build-up in "Pissing in a River." That really threw me off, but that's OK. I hadn't seen her play in many years and I used to do it regularly.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby drew » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:28 am

Osees- Sat. @ Warsaw in BK. Polish beer and poerogies! Can’t wait.

Quicksand- 9/29 @ Stone Pony NJ. Bummed it’s inside, they have side-stage thing going on so it gets a little too crowded. We’ll see if a Wednesday night gets packed.
drew

Postby scannest » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:00 am

Mikey Erg and his band played on Staten Island Saturday night (a last minute fill-in show for another gig that fell through). It was a lot of fun.

Super excited to see THE WHIFFS this coming Saturday at TV EYE. Excellent garage power-pop from St. Louis.
scannest

Postby drew » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:40 pm

Going to shows again has been unbelievable. I’m actually shocked I missed this shit this much ........

In the “I’m too old” dept. Osees were great but too got-damn loud! Srsly, my jaw was rattling.
But, I discovered opener, Mr. Elevator. And they were freaking amazing. My new fav band

Waxahatchee-Elsewhere, BK. 10/13. This show has been postponed three times. First time was before Covid.

When everyone was offering refunds this girl said “fuck you, pay me!” I don’t even like her new album that much but I’m going. She’s already spent the money so I’m gonna spite her and see the show. That’ll show Waxahatchee what’s up.....
drew

Postby JGJR » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:50 am

drew wrote:Going to shows again has been unbelievable. I’m actually shocked I missed this shit this much ........

In the “I’m too old” dept. Osees were great but too got-damn loud! Srsly, my jaw was rattling.
But, I discovered opener, Mr. Elevator. And they were freaking amazing. My new fav band

Waxahatchee-Elsewhere, BK. 10/13. This show has been postponed three times. First time was before Covid.

When everyone was offering refunds this girl said “fuck you, pay me!” I don’t even like her new album that much but I’m going. She’s already spent the money so I’m gonna spite her and see the show. That’ll show Waxahatchee what’s up.....

Artists have lost so much touring income that tbh, I don't blame her, though I can see how that would be annoying for those who bought tickets, of course. I'm biased because she and a lot of other folks from that whole crew (Swearin', Radiator Hospital, etc.) were my neighbors for a year, like 5 houses down on the same block in West Philly. Anyway, have fun; haven't seen her play in years. I hope it's good.

On that same tip, we've had Nate Borgatze tickets for a year and a half and it's been postponed more times than I can remember; no refunds. Gotta love Ticketmaster. :lol:

All that said, I'm going to see Josie Cotton on Friday night at White Eagle Hall. It'll be my first time at WEH and there's a screening of Valley Girl beforehand, too! It should be a lot of fun!
JGJR

Postby Knutsen » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:28 am

Henry Rollins spoken word tickets are on sale for 45€. :shock:
In a venue with a capacity for 800 seated thats a revenue of 36000€ per evening. Not bad,
but without me.
Listening to Punk today is like listening to Glenn Miller in 1982.
Knutsen

Postby drew » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:23 pm

Knutsen wrote:Henry Rollins spoken word tickets are on sale for 45€. :shock:
In a venue with a capacity for 800 seated thats a revenue of 36000€ per evening. Not bad,
but without me.

That’s a bit more expensive than the USA. I figured it was the other way around?

Henry Rollins- 3/25/22. Count Basie theater, NJ

COME- 11/6/21 Union Pool, BK
drew

Postby JGJR » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:43 am

drew wrote:COME- 11/6/21 Union Pool, BK

I saw them at the same club about 3 years ago and they were so good. I think I'll be out of town that weekend, though.
JGJR

Postby drew » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:10 pm

JGJR wrote:
drew wrote:COME- 11/6/21 Union Pool, BK

I saw them at the same club about 3 years ago and they were so good. I think I'll be out of town that weekend, though.

Cool, I'm stoked.

Come to any one of these:

Dinosaur jr- 11/20. BK Steel
Lemonheads- 11/24. Irving plaza. We have VIP tix for this one

Human Impact- 11/26. Market hotel. This is the show I'm most excited for. These fantastic musicians have made two albums worth of great tunes so far. Can't wait.

Get a ticket and come rock!
drew

Postby captain2man » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:22 pm

drew wrote:Human Impact- 11/26. Market hotel. This is the show I'm most excited for. These fantastic musicians have made two albums worth of great tunes so far. Can't wait.

Get a ticket and come rock!

Child Bite is opening that show.....they're really good too - seen them a few times. Enjoy!
captain2man

Postby earthdog70 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:50 pm

Teenage Bottlerocket/Broadway Calls/Brix N Mortar/C.O.B in Brighton, MA-10/23

:arrow:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby garth » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:28 pm

Moving Targets 11/2 Charleston
garth

Postby gregpolard » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:07 am

I know I replied above but I forget what I actually have on tap so I'm going to reup here.

I am still a little weary on certain indoor shows depending on protocol (looking forward to getting that booster) but here goes:

10/31 Quicksand @ TLA
11/6 Ken Stringfellow @ 118 North (Wayne Pa)
11/18 Dinosaur Jr @ Union Transfer
12/3 Field Day (finally!) @ John & Peters in New Hope, PA

Couple tickets already purchased for next year (Glassjaw, Bikini Kill) and one I'll be getting for sure (Melvins when they open for Ministry) but for now this is all that's on tap for '21
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:19 am

Going to see JON LANGFORD tomorrow night at TV EYE.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:06 am

scannest wrote:Going to see JON LANGFORD tomorrow night at TV EYE.

That show (and by extension, The Mekons in general and an underattended but very memorable World Cafe Live show back in 2009 or something) came up in conversation last night at this:

https://mamatriedbk.com/upcoming-events ... klin-bruno

Great beer, (pretty good food but overpriced) great outdoor setting, beautiful weather, nice tunes, good friends = a wonderful evening. As a bonus, you can see the exit to my childhood home (Rt. 27, which becomes Ocean Parkway) right on the BQE from the outdoor area of the club.

There's a good chance I'll be seeing Elvis Costello in Port Chester next Tuesday. The last time I saw him was at the same venue (Capitol Theater) back in 2018.
JGJR

Postby drew » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:57 pm

11/6- COME Union Pool BK......

Now I’m getting Bandsintown notifications that AGENT ORANGE is playing someplace called “The Brooklyn Monarch” that is apparently eight minutes away from Union Pool.

Is that why this show says it’s starting at 11pm? Shows haven’t done that in NYC since way before Covid so it seems strange If it’s real I will consider not drinking so I can drive right over to the next venue. Couple be a wild night. Thank goodness it’s a Saturday........
drew

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:35 pm

drew wrote:11/6- COME Union Pool BK......

Now I’m getting Bandsintown notifications that AGENT ORANGE is playing someplace called “The Brooklyn Monarch” that is apparently eight minutes away from Union Pool.

Is that why this show says it’s starting at 11pm? Shows haven’t done that in NYC since way before Covid so it seems strange If it’s real I will consider not drinking so I can drive right over to the next venue. Couple be a wild night. Thank goodness it’s a Saturday........

You're not going to any shows, so settle down, Beavis.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby drew » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:57 pm

Fire! Hehe. I am Cornholio!
drew

Postby garth » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:33 pm

10/26 - Snodgrass, Reconciler, Rad Owl - Charleston
garth

Postby gregpolard » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:36 pm

gregpolard wrote:I know I replied above but I forget what I actually have on tap so I'm going to reup here.

I am still a little weary on certain indoor shows depending on protocol (looking forward to getting that booster) but here goes:

10/31 Quicksand @ TLA
11/6 Ken Stringfellow @ 118 North (Wayne Pa)
11/18 Dinosaur Jr @ Union Transfer
12/3 Field Day (finally!) @ John & Peters in New Hope, PA

Couple tickets already purchased for next year (Glassjaw, Bikini Kill) and one I'll be getting for sure (Melvins when they open for Ministry) but for now this is all that's on tap for '21

This one is now off the list, obviously.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:20 pm

It's a new venue in Bushwick/East Williamsburg. https://www.reddit.com/r/avesNYC/commen ... n_monarch/
JGJR

Postby garth » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 pm

garth wrote:10/26 - Snodgrass, Reconciler, Rad Owl - Charleston

Lots of pre Fest(ivities) - Mickey Erg band and Johnny Pukes as well as Leatherface and Samiam covers galore
garth

Postby captain2man » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:28 pm

Opening for Come at that Union Pool show is Zwei Null Zwei in the debut performance....based out of Brooklyn but D.C. alumni - Eli Janney, James Canty, Sohrab Habibion and Geoff Sanoff.
captain2man

Postby captain2man » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:30 pm

Not sure if anyone here is from Philly.....but I'll be playing at The Fire Saturday night (Two Man Advantage).....it's Pat from Violent Society/Battalion Zoska's birthday show. Also playing: Battalion Zoska, The End A.D., The Whiskey Bats and Old Fezziwig.
captain2man

Postby drew » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:26 pm

captain2man wrote:

Opening for Come at that Union Pool show is Zwei Null Zwei in the debut performance....based out of Brooklyn but D.C. alumni - Eli Janney, James Canty, Sohrab Habibion and Geoff Sanoff.

Sounds cool, thanks! I’ve said hello to Eli Janney at three different shows at Union Pool. Every time I walk up, say Hi, how are you? Or something like that and he is super nice and totally doesn’t act like he doesn’t know me....because he doesn’t and maybe by now thinks I’m some random crazy person obsessed with The Seth Meyers show. :D
drew

Postby drew » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:28 pm

captain2man wrote:Not sure if anyone here is from Philly.....but I'll be playing at The Fire Saturday night (Two Man Advantage).....it's Pat from Violent Society/Battalion Zoska's birthday show. Also playing: Battalion Zoska, The End A.D., The Whiskey Bats and Old Fezziwig.

Funny, we’re in Philly Friday night for Ronny Chieng(comedian) at the Fillmore. I’d stay for the show Saturday, we actually are checking out an exhibit at the Barnes Foundation in the morning but we are then shooting over to Atlantic City........ 8-)
drew

Postby AssWreckersInc » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:15 pm

Speaking of the Fire in Philly...my band the OC Rippers is there November 5th with the Parasitix, Mystery Girls, Suzi Moon and the Wheelz.

https://ocrippers.bandcamp.com/album/bo ... -21-demo-2

AssWreckersInc

Postby AssWreckersInc » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:32 pm

Also, if you’re from the motherland, we are playing Mum’s Place in New Brunswick NJ November 13th 7pm:

Dusters, Broken Cuffs, School Drugs, OC Rippers

Let me know if you need the address or a ride
AssWreckersInc

Postby lewdd » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:36 pm

drew wrote:
captain2man wrote:Not sure if anyone here is from Philly.....but I'll be playing at The Fire Saturday night (Two Man Advantage).....it's Pat from Violent Society/Battalion Zoska's birthday show. Also playing: Battalion Zoska, The End A.D., The Whiskey Bats and Old Fezziwig.

Funny, we’re in Philly Friday night for Ronny Chieng(comedian) at the Fillmore. I’d stay for the show Saturday, we actually are checking out an exhibit at the Barnes Foundation in the morning but we are then shooting over to Atlantic City........ 8-)

Which exhibit at the Barnes? I was there Monday
lewdd

Postby drew » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:24 pm

lewdd wrote:
drew wrote:

Which exhibit at the Barnes? I was there Monday

Suzanne Valadon. If we have time we'll hit Jasper Johns at the Art Museum.
drew

Postby lewdd » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:54 pm

I had never heard of her, but we did go through that exhibit after taking our friends through the main museum. I enjoyed the Valadon exhibit.
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:49 am

It looks like I'll be seeing The Feelies at White Eagle Hall on 11/6. I haven't seen them since maybe 2014 or 2015 or something. They always put on a great show.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:51 pm

This is from an official email from White Eagle Hall regarding tonight's Feelies gig.

"Reminder: Proof of Vaccination Required + Masks Requested

Please note that in addition to requiring proof of vaccination to attend Saturday's show, The Feelies have requested that attendees wear masks when inside and not drinking or eating. Thank you in advance for your cooperation - White Eagle Hall"
JGJR

Postby SamDBL » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:54 pm

AssWreckersInc wrote:Speaking of the Fire in Philly...my band the OC Rippers is there November 5th with the Parasitix, Mystery Girls, Suzi Moon and the Wheelz.

This album title really speaks to me.
SamDBL

Postby JGJR » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:11 pm

AssWreckersInc wrote:Speaking of the Fire in Philly...my band the OC Rippers is there November 5th with the Parasitix, Mystery Girls, Suzi Moon and the Wheelz.

How was the show? Same question for captaintwoman.I haven't been to that venue in years but had some good times there over the years. The last time was when earthdog70's band Silver Screams played there with another friend's band. And I saw The Dicks there in 2006! It was only Gary and one other left from the '80s lineups, but still!
JGJR

Postby drew » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:28 am

COME @ Union Pool last night was great. Got there late and missed ANTIETAM, never really got into them. Eli Janneys new band opened the Friday show, oh well.

Thalia & Chris Brokaw were in fine form. Played all of “Don’t ask, Don’t tell” and some of 11:11. On at 9pm over at 10:30. I dig these early shows.
drew

Postby earthdog70 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:54 pm

Field Day (FINALLY :lol: ), Moving Targets and Lenny Lashley @Middle East, Cambridge, MA-11/13 (Early show.)

As of now nothing else on the docket for the rest of the year. House of Love cancelled their Boston show that was scheduled for May 2022, bummed. :(
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby FlexMyHead » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:02 am

I skipped out on Fest (even though I had tickets!) because of just COVID and random shit.
I really just wanted to go see Moving Targets (many bands I wanted to see cancelled ages ago Samiam, Gorilla Biscuits etc).
Then I found out Moving Targets played a small private show in Tampa the day before that show, FUCK. I would have gladly sat outside the club just to hear them live!
Next weekend gonna go check out some local punk bands in a VFW for the first post-COVID show for me (Chris Barrows from Pink Lincolns).
FlexMyHead

Postby lewdd » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:13 am

Wasn't there someone from Pink Lincolns who played with Down by Law at one point.
lewdd

Postby drew » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:03 am

Gonna rest up this week. Next week has three shows and I’m hosting Thanksgiving………oh boy.

11/20- Dinosaur Jr. BK Steel

11/23- Lemonheads. Irving plaza

11/26- Human Impact. Market Hotel. Very excited for this one. These guys have released two albums worth of great tunes
drew

Postby matt » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:34 am

I'm seeing Nick Lowe with Los Straitjackets for the first time tomorrow night.
matt
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to daghouse