I love it!

Awful from the beginn...
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Iced Earth revisited

Postby jaybird » Thu May 13, 2021 11:20 am

jaybird

Postby SamDBL » Thu May 13, 2021 12:54 pm

I don’t know that I’ve ever heard a song, even though they’re local. I remember they had an album cover with Spawn on it, which was pretty cool at the time. They even had it for sale at some comic shops in the area.
SamDBL

Postby jaybird » Thu May 13, 2021 1:26 pm

SamDBL wrote:I don’t know that I’ve ever heard a song, even though they’re local. I remember they had an album cover with Spawn on it, which was pretty cool at the time. They even had it for sale at some comic shops in the area.

I've wondered from time to time if you ever met/knew Richard Christy from back then, given his time in the 90s Florida underground-metal scene.
jaybird

Postby SamDBL » Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm

jaybird wrote:
SamDBL wrote:I don’t know that I’ve ever heard a song, even though they’re local. I remember they had an album cover with Spawn on it, which was pretty cool at the time. They even had it for sale at some comic shops in the area.

I've wondered from time to time if you ever met/knew Richard Christy from back then, given his time in the 90s Florida underground-metal scene.

It's probable that I met him at some point because we have a ton of mutual friends. I am not sure of his entire back story, but I don't think he was within the core of the super old school Tampa metallers that were going to all the shows at the same time I was. He joined Death way later on. At that point the singer basically had a rotating door members situation. And he imported a lot of players from all over FL, as Death were pretty big and he really wanted virtuoso types. So I have a feeling that Christy came from some other area of FL. And I was way out of Death at that time. But a lot of the guys I talk to that are still doing the metal thing we're friendly with him. Supposedly always a very funny guy. And iced earth played so rarely here that I thought they were a European band, or something. So I never saw them. Although I just remembered that one of their guitar players did a guest solo on the denial fiend record. Not the rioter guy, though. Lol
SamDBL

Postby earthdog70 » Thu May 13, 2021 4:59 pm

Apparently he is looking at 3-4 years in the Big House. Hope it was worth it to make your statement in the Capitol building for 10 minutes :lol:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Return to daghouse