Iceage Revisited

Iceage Revisited

Postby version sound » Wed May 12, 2021 11:21 am

They have a new record, which was a great excuse for a romp through their catalog. Here are the results:

New Brigade - Exciting debut from these quasi-fascist teens! Still a fun listen.

You’re Nothing - Some sweet depressive post-punk from these teen queens. This one it TOPS.

Plowing Into The Field of Love - A good outing, despite the rape-y title and cover image. These squirts venture into Bad Seeds territory on this one, with good effect.

Beyondless - A step back and a step forward. This one sounds like a more like a refined version of their first two records. Good on ya, mate.

Seek Shelter - I’m not sure why these guys decided to do an album of Springsteen covers, but I’m not loving it on first listen.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Iceage Revisited

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed May 12, 2021 11:50 am

Send me stuff. The kind that I like.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Thu May 13, 2021 10:01 am

I only had the 1st 2 and haven't heard anything they've done since. I enjoyed them and kinda wish I still had them; the 2nd one reminded me a bit of early '90s Ebullition/Vermiform/Gern style hardcore; 1st one seemed a bit more post-punk, but played with a thrashy beat in the same Bunnymen play punk mode that British Sea Power did on their 1st album a long time ago.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby lewdd » Thu May 13, 2021 11:16 am

I thought this was about the UK Subs song.
lewdd

Postby version sound » Thu May 13, 2021 12:41 pm

lewdd wrote:I thought this was about the UK Subs song.

You should know me better than that. If it was about a song, it would be the Joy Division song.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby version sound » Thu May 13, 2021 12:50 pm

JGJR wrote:I only had the 1st 2 and haven't heard anything they've done since. I enjoyed them and kinda wish I still had them; the 2nd one reminded me a bit of early '90s Ebullition/Vermiform/Gern style hardcore; 1st one seemed a bit more post-punk, but played with a thrashy beat in the same Bunnymen play punk mode that British Sea Power did on their 1st album a long time ago.

You’re Nothing is the best and holds up very well. The first album is also very good. The third and fourth records are also both good and worth a listen. The new one sounds like classic rock.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Return to daghouse