Dischord Records 40 year anniversary box set scoop

Dischord Records 40 year anniversary box set scoop

Postby gregpolard » Tue May 11, 2021 12:57 pm

scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Re: Dischord Records 40 year anniversary box set scoop

Postby lewdd » Tue May 11, 2021 1:03 pm

You are late to the party. I already scooped you prior to your post.
lewdd

Postby captain2man » Tue May 11, 2021 1:08 pm

Holy crap!

Ordered.
captain2man

Postby gregpolard » Tue May 11, 2021 1:15 pm

lewdd wrote:You are late to the party. I already scooped you prior to your post.

Check that timestamp, bub. We dual scooped at exactly 2:57 PM ET
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Hal » Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm

gregpolard wrote:
lewdd wrote:You are late to the party. I already scooped you prior to your post.

Sorry guys. I think Kevin Young posted about this here a year or so ago.
Hal

Postby pedro » Tue May 11, 2021 1:24 pm

The good news is they included scans of all the inserts on the information page, so we won't have to scan anything for Greg!

Also, if they hold true to the one-month only ordering window, they have managed to create another, in the not so distant future, really expensive collector's item.
Hello.
pedro

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Tue May 11, 2021 1:38 pm

I ordered one. Primarily so I don’t feel left out. I’m too old and lazy to listen to 7-inches.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby kevin » Tue May 11, 2021 1:42 pm

Hal wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

Sorry guys. I think Kevin Young posted about this here a year or so ago.

This is very true. But, it was more like 3.5 years ago that I gave the heads up. But I'm cool if others want to take credit for today's announcement here.
Last edited by kevin on Tue May 11, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevin

Postby kevin » Tue May 11, 2021 1:45 pm

pedro wrote:The good news is they included scans of all the inserts on the information page, so we won't have to scan anything for Greg!

Also, if they hold true to the one-month only ordering window, they have managed to create another, in the not so distant future, really expensive collector's item.

I would image maybe an initial run. They will probably sell 250+K just today. Furnace Plant will be busy for awhile cranking these out.
kevin

Postby version sound » Tue May 11, 2021 1:57 pm

kevin wrote:
pedro wrote:The good news is they included scans of all the inserts on the information page, so we won't have to scan anything for Greg!

I would image maybe an initial run. They will probably sell 250+K just today. Furnace Plant will be busy for awhile cranking these out.

That sounds like an awful lot. I think that would make it a Billboard #1 these days...
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Tue May 11, 2021 1:57 pm

I legit laughed out loud at this. Thank you! :lol:
gregpolard

Postby creature » Tue May 11, 2021 2:02 pm

gregpolard wrote:

I legit laughed out loud at this. Thank you! :lol:

So did I! haha
creature

Postby kevin » Tue May 11, 2021 2:03 pm

version sound wrote:
kevin wrote:

That sounds like an awful lot. I think that would make it a Billboard #1 these days...

50 dollars a pop. That is only 5000 copies today. Possible.
kevin

Postby gregpolard » Tue May 11, 2021 2:04 pm

Oh I read as 250,000 COPIES of the box set sold today.

Yes, I agree then : I could see them easily selling 5000 of them today worldwide.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Tue May 11, 2021 2:12 pm

gregpolard wrote:Oh I read as 250,000 COPIES of the box set sold today.

Yes, I agree then : I could see them easily selling 5000 of them today worldwide.

I read it that way initially, too, but yeah 5,000 copies makes much more sense. I said this in a text to a fellow board member who scoooped me on this (it was Greg), but I thought it was worth repeating here.

"I love Dischord so much. Very reasonable prices considering how costly vinyl is to make nowadays, especially with oil prices rising and delays, etc. Plus you don’t have to worry about it selling out as it’s like a Bandcamp funded release."
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Hal » Tue May 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Ordered!
Hal

Postby lewdd » Tue May 11, 2021 2:43 pm

I quit the board! I was first!
lewdd

Postby kevin » Tue May 11, 2021 2:59 pm

lewdd wrote:I quit the board! I was first!

Settle down. 3.5 years ago I gave you the inside info

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3672
kevin

Postby version sound » Tue May 11, 2021 5:44 pm

JGJR wrote:

I read it that way initially, too, but yeah 5,000 copies makes much more sense. I said this in a text to a fellow board member who scoooped me on this (it was Greg), but I thought it was worth repeating here.

"I love Dischord so much. Very reasonable prices considering how costly vinyl is to make nowadays, especially with oil prices rising and delays, etc. Plus you don’t have to worry about it selling out as it’s like a Bandcamp funded release."

$50 is a fucking bargain. I would’ve paid $100 without blinking. It’s going to be interesting to see how many end up being made and how much people are going to flip the pre-order for after the one month window closes.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby version sound » Tue May 11, 2021 6:04 pm

7,800 people hearted Dischord’s IG post about it (so far)...
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby kevin » Tue May 11, 2021 6:22 pm

version sound wrote:

7,800 people hearted Dischord’s IG post about it (so far)...

Wait until Asia wakes up to the news
kevin

Postby DelGriffith » Tue May 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Cheers for the update mate..Im totally gonna fuck with it..thanks again
DelGriffith

Postby Hal » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:49 am

Dischord #200 Boxset Update

When we created the pre-order site for the Dischord #200 Boxset we knew that the enormity of the project combined with the already-overloaded pressing plants meant that the production would take months and months to finish. With that in mind, we made it clear on the site that we had hoped to be able to deliver the boxsets by late 2021, thinking that we would likely be able to ship them out in late October or early November.

Covid outbreaks, machinery breakdowns, supply chain issues, and shipping delays have now added at least couple more months to the delays, so now it’s looking like late December is the earliest that the finished pieces will go into the mail.

The situation is truly out of Dischord’s control and all we can really do is keep the lines of communication open with the manufacturers to encourage them to keep pushing to get this thing made. At this point all of the vinyl has been pressed, but the records have gotten stuck in the shipping/cargo crisis and we don’t know when they’ll arrive at the assembly plant.

We very much appreciate all of the patience and trust that our pre-order customers have given us and we’ll send out another update when we have a clearer idea of actual schedule for the release.

Thank you!

- Ian and Jeff
Dischord Records
Hal

Postby pedro » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:18 am

This is fucking bullshit. I am so mad I am going to cancel most of flexy's orders.

Well, not really. The only thing that bothers me about delays like this is when customers are left in the dark. So kudos to Dischord.
Hello.
pedro

Postby version sound » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:13 am

pedro wrote:This is fucking bullshit. I am so mad I am going to cancel most of flexy's orders.

And I just cancelled the rest. They are going to rue the day they fucked with flex-O’s retirement planning.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:57 am

If Ian genuinely cared about rock and roll, he would stay up and stuff those records in the jackets HIMSELF. OLDSCHOOL. And then hand deliver them. Fuckin guy. He's gotten soft and fat.

I haven't even ordered the boxset, and I'm still sickened by this whole fiasco. Imagine if I had ordered one!!!??

And Flexy is not without blame either.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby FlexMyHead » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:09 pm

I didn't even buy the most. It was some sweaty nerd from Yurp most likely.
FlexMyHead

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:37 pm

Sorry, but I don't need a boxset of old records to celebrate my manli-hood.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:10 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Sorry, but I don't need a boxset of old records to celebrate my manli-hood.

I just bought three more copies.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:13 pm

version sound wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:Sorry, but I don't need a boxset of old records to celebrate my manli-hood.

I just bought 3 guitars and 2 practice amps. So there.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:04 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
version sound wrote:

I just bought 3 guitars and 2 practice amps. So there.

Ah, the one man band
lewdd

Postby lewdd » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:05 am

I had 12/31/21 as the release date on my open orders spreadsheet so this email is in line with my expectations.
lewdd

Postby pedro » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:57 am

UPDATE:

Ian and Jeff wrote:Barring any last minute pandemic-related delay, we’re expecting to begin shipping the boxsets by the beginning of February.

We’ll have to finalize the shipping list, so if you have a new shipping address you must sent it in to us to us by January 15th.

Send changes to:

boxset@dischord.com

NOTE: The boxset pre-order site is separate from the mailorder site on dischord.com, so you’ll have to update any address changes in both places.

This means sending in the new address to boxset@dischord.com as well as making the change on your dischord.com account (if you have one).

Thanks!

I hope flexy hasn't moved. Filling that e-form out a hundred times is going to get monotonous quickly.
Hello.
pedro

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:59 am

pedro wrote:UPDATE:

Ian and Jeff wrote:Barring any last minute pandemic-related delay, we’re expecting to begin shipping the boxsets by the beginning of February.

We’ll have to finalize the shipping list, so if you have a new shipping address you must sent it in to us to us by January 15th.

Send changes to:

boxset@dischord.com

NOTE: The boxset pre-order site is separate from the mailorder site on dischord.com, so you’ll have to update any address changes in both places.

This means sending in the new address to boxset@dischord.com as well as making the change on your dischord.com account (if you have one).

Thanks!

I hope flexy hasn't moved. Filling that e-form out a hundred times is going to get monotonous quickly.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:19 am

gregpolard wrote:
pedro wrote:UPDATE:

Send changes to:

boxset@dischord.com

Thanks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha, but in all seriousness, when I saw that email in my inbox earlier this morning, as always I couldn't help thinking how cool it is that they're so accountable to their customers and check-in, etc.
JGJR

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:24 pm

Funny thing, is that I would actually like one of these boxsets now.
Y'know, to celebrate Danny's 75 birthday.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby scannest » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:57 pm

JGJR wrote:...as always I couldn't help thinking how cool it is that they're so accountable to their customers and check-in, etc.

Yeah, Ian and Jeff are pretty stand up guys. Who'd a thunk it?

:o
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:12 pm

scannest wrote:
JGJR wrote:...as always I couldn't help thinking how cool it is that they're so accountable to their customers and check-in, etc.

Yeah, Ian and Jeff are pretty stand up guys. Who'd a thunk it?

:o

You making a dick-ish comment in response to one of mine. Who'd a thunk it? :lol:
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:51 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:Funny thing, is that I would actually like one of these boxsets now.

$1000.00 and my extra copy is yours
gregpolard

Postby Nico » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:35 am

gregpolard wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:Funny thing, is that I would actually like one of these boxsets now.

$1000.00 and my extra copy is yours

999.99 for my copy.
Nico

Return to daghouse