I think Imma buy a Fender guitar

I think Imma buy a Fender guitar

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat May 08, 2021 8:35 pm

Haven't made a decision yet. But next week is shopping for a guitar. Straying away from Gibson.

That is all.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: I think Imma buy a Fender guitar

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat May 08, 2021 8:39 pm

Bought this one 2 weeks ago. Still got the old tagger on it.

xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Sat May 08, 2021 9:00 pm

What model are you thinking of going with? Despite an early love of SGs and the many DCHC bands who played them, I’ve always been a Fender guy. I’ve been through a Gretsch or two and a couple of Les Pauls (a TV Yellow Special and a Orville gold top), but I never really bonded with them. I’ve also owned a couple of Strats, a thrupple of Jags, a Tele, and a Mustang, but I always come back to Jazzmasters.
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat May 08, 2021 9:09 pm

version sound wrote:What model are you thinking of going with? Despite an early love of SGs and the many DCHC bands who played them, I’ve always been a Fender guy. I’ve been through a Gretsch or two and a couple of Les Pauls (a TV Yellow Special and a Orville gold top), but I never really bonded with them. I’ve also owned a couple of Strats, a thrupple of Jags, a Tele, and a Mustang, but I always come back to Jazzmasters.

I went to 2 music stores on Staten Island today to look around. Even on sale, new Fender Strats were all over $1,500. I don't know if I'm ready yet to spend that kind of money since I don't play in a band anymore.
I've only had Gibson all my life and a LAG guitar that Mike D (on this board) sold me. Against my better judgement, I let my nephew/God son "borrow" it. I don't have the heart to ask for it back.

Next week I'm going to a few places in Manhattan to see if I could get a Strat used. I've grown to like them via playing my friends' guitars.

I love Gibson SGs but they are a bitch to keep in tune. And yeah, DCHC and even Greg Hetson made me love them.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Sat May 08, 2021 9:22 pm

Japanese Strats are a good option. Much cheaper than US models, but very well made, generally. The made in Mexico models (with all American parts) are also supposed to be pretty good. American made Fenders are expensive AF these days, at least to me, but in my prime guitar buying days, you could still easily get a vintage refin JM for under $1000. Unfortunately, those days are long gone.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sat May 08, 2021 9:49 pm

I’ve also always hated single coil pickups. But I’ve been futzing around with some pedals and I think a Fender would give me a sound I’m looking for. I’ve seen a few guitars on FB Marketplace but I don’t know if I would ever buy anything on line for a guitar
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Sun May 09, 2021 10:01 am

Guitar Center used is a great online option. You can return/exchange in-store, if necessary, usually with no hassle:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/

Reverb is also good, just pay attention to the seller ratings.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun May 09, 2021 10:06 am

version sound wrote:Guitar Center used is a great online option. You can return/exchange in-store, if necessary, usually with no hassle:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/

Reverb is also good, just pay attention to the seller ratings.

They have MANY Guitar Centers in my surrounding areas. I may just have to make a stop in there.

But yeah, should I opt for their online store..this would be ideal for me. Looks like the one Jake E. Lee played on 'Bark at the Moon'

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Fender/2017-Player-Stratocaster-HSS-Floyd-Rose-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Sun May 09, 2021 10:17 am

Wow, a Floyd Rose. I don’t think I’ve seen one of those since the ‘80s. My first decent guitar was an Ibanez RG series with a Floyd. It was a pretty nice guitar, actually.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun May 09, 2021 10:26 am

I have NEVER owned a guitar with a 'whammy' bar. I always thought it was very 'un-punk'. There are some metal bands that do it well...Slayer, Exodus, etc.. but its not until recently that I figured it was not a sin.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby jaybird » Sun May 09, 2021 11:38 am

My most recent addition to the family:

Last edited by jaybird on Sun May 09, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaybird

Postby version sound » Sun May 09, 2021 11:41 am

No wang bars or single coils??? How do you play your surf sets?

Seriously though, don’t forget that Toni Iommi played a Strat (IIRC) on most of the first Black Sabbath record and his custom SG had P-90s. Also, J. Mascis, Thurston Moore, Kevin Shields, etc.

I’m the opposite. To me humbuckers = mud. I want note articulation (god knows why, hums would probably cover up my inadequacies better).
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby SamDBL » Sun May 09, 2021 2:35 pm

I also greatly prefer single coils, these days. I just ordered a gps from Rev, which is their current strat model.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun May 09, 2021 3:21 pm

version sound wrote:No wang bars or single coils??? How do you play your surf sets?

Seriously though, don’t forget that Toni Iommi played a Strat (IIRC) on most of the first Black Sabbath record and his custom SG had P-90s. Also, J. Mascis, Thurston Moore, Kevin Shields, etc.

I’m the opposite. To me humbuckers = mud. I want note articulation (god knows why, hums would probably cover up my inadequacies better).

I have never played 'surf guitar in my life. I have never really started paying attention to that music until about 10 years ago or so. I grew up on Kiss, Queen and Sabbath and then heavy metal. Humbuckers only. Actually, I take that back. I did own an Ibanez single coil guitar in college for a VERY short period of time and it never gave me the thickness and distortion that I wanted.

But alas, we all change and experiment and grow. I'm headed for the clarity now.

SamDBL wrote:I also greatly prefer single coils, these days. I just ordered a gps from Rev, which is their current strat model.

Rev? Fess up. I am out of the loop these days.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Sun May 09, 2021 3:30 pm

clarity? you should get a hollow body gibson
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun May 09, 2021 4:32 pm

lewdd wrote:clarity? you should get a hollow body gibson

Hi Lewdd.

NO!
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Sun May 09, 2021 4:33 pm

You just need the right overdrive and amp. Brian May also used single coils. May and Iommi both used treble boosters in front of amps that were already going into (or on the edge of) distortion. Mascis and Shields both use Big Muffs.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby lewdd » Sun May 09, 2021 4:35 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
lewdd wrote:clarity? you should get a hollow body gibson

Hi Lewdd.

NO!

LMK when you are ready to jam. I can join you with my Johnny Cash harmonica I bought last week.
lewdd

Postby SamDBL » Sun May 09, 2021 6:09 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
version sound wrote:No wang bars or single coils??? How do you play your surf sets?

I have never played 'surf guitar in my life. I have never really started paying attention to that music until about 10 years ago or so. I grew up on Kiss, Queen and Sabbath and then heavy metal. Humbuckers only. Actually, I take that back. I did own an Ibanez single coil guitar in college for a VERY short period of time and it never gave me the thickness and distortion that I wanted.

But alas, we all change and experiment and grow. I'm headed for the clarity now.

SamDBL wrote:I also greatly prefer single coils, these days. I just ordered a gps from Rev, which is their current strat model.

Rev? Fess up. I am out of the loop these days.

Reverend is the brand I've been using exclusively for years. Jaybird's buddy owns the company. Mostly they have their own proprietary designs that are kind of rooted in the 60s aesthetic, but also not copies. They had a strat configuration (three a single coil, traditional trem) but their own body style in the line up that I use probably for more gigs than anything else. It was called the six gun. Currently it's out of the production. But they have a couple of signature models that are more straight copies (as that's what the artist insisted on). This newest one is for a jazz guy named gil Parris. It's a straight up strat with some fancy fishman active pickup system that I'm not familiar with. Anyway, I have one on the way.
Last edited by SamDBL on Sun May 09, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun May 09, 2021 8:13 pm

SamDBL wrote:
Reverend is the brand I've been using exclusively for years. Jaybird's buddy owns the company. Mostly they have their own proprietary designs that are kind of rooted in the 60s aesthetic, but also not copies. They had a strat configuration (three a single coil, traditional trem) but their own body style in the line up that I use probably for more gigs than anything else. It was called the six gun. Currently it's out of the production. But they have a couple of signature models that are more straight copies (as that's what the artist insisted on). This newest one is for a jazz guy named gil Parris. It's a straight up strat with some fancy fishman active pickup system that I'm familiar with. Anyway, I have one on the way.

So it looks like Sam Ash in Manhattan caries these guitars and there's another dealership called RUDY'S MUSIC (SOHO). I see one guitar on their website that is called CONTENDER 290. From the description and the price, I might give that a try.

version sound wrote:You just need the right overdrive and amp. Brian May also used single coils. May and Iommi both used treble boosters in front of amps that were already going into (or on the edge of) distortion. Mascis and Shields both use Big Muffs.

I have no intentions of going down the j. Mascis road. I like him plenty as a player and writer, but his sound isn't something I want to emulate. Agreed though, I will most certainly find some presets with a single coil which will be my cup o' tea.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Sun May 09, 2021 8:30 pm

J. had better tone in the 80s/90s, though I’m a bigger fan of his writing and style than I am his tone. I think some of that has to do with the recordings, though. I mean, Jazzmaster plus big ass Marshall should always sound great. Billy Corgan also got huge, beefy sounds out of single coils.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun May 09, 2021 8:36 pm

version sound wrote:J. had better tone in the 80s/90s, though I’m a bigger fan of his writing and style than I am his tone. I think some of that has to do with the recordings, though. I mean, Jazzmaster plus big ass Marshall should always sound great. Billy Corgan also got huge, beefy sounds out of single coils.

J's sound and the recording on 'You're Living all Over Me' was a lucky charm or a happy accident. In reality, that album sounds a mess. Cheap recording, muffed guitars with a wah wah washing over the whole thing. It was the strength of the songs that made that album what it was/is. Bug was more of the same with only slight sonic improvements. And I still like the first 3 albums more than any of the later stuff.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Sun May 09, 2021 9:08 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
version sound wrote:J. had better tone in the 80s/90s, though I’m a bigger fan of his writing and style than I am his tone. I think some of that has to do with the recordings, though. I mean, Jazzmaster plus big ass Marshall should always sound great. Billy Corgan also got huge, beefy sounds out of single coils.

J's sound and the recording on 'You're Living all Over Me' was a lucky charm or a happy accident. In reality, that album sounds a mess. Cheap recording, muffed guitars with a wah wah washing over the whole thing. It was the strength of the songs that made that album what it was/is. Bug was more of the same with only slight sonic improvements. And I still like the first 3 albums more than any of the later stuff.

I agree with this assessment of his tone, completely. Most of the time I don’t like it in and of itself. But it does seem to fit his songs really well. And I like a lot of his songs. I have found that one of the key ingredients to being a great guitar player is to have a tone that suits your playing, specifically. I think I liked J’s tone on Green Mind best. But I’d never strive for that tone, myself. As it just doesn’t inspire the type of playing I want from myself.
I mean, some of the gold standard rock tones of all time... SRV, AC/DC, EVH... legendary. Yet completely not interchangeable in any way.
The contender would def be a model to check out. P90s are single coil. But a slightly more gradual step coming from humbuckers.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun May 09, 2021 9:15 pm

SamDBL wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:

I agree with this assessment of his tone, completely. Most of the time I don’t like it in and of itself. But it does seem to fit his songs really well. And I like a lot of his songs. I have found that one of the key ingredients to being a great guitar player is to have a tone that suits your playing, specifically. I think I liked J’s tone on Green Mind best. But I’d never strive for that tone, myself. As it just doesn’t inspire the type of playing I want from myself.
I mean, some of the gold standard rock tones of all time... SRV, AC/DC, EVH... legendary. Yet completely not interchangeable in any way.
The contender would def be a model to check out. P90s are single coil. But a slightly more gradual step coming from humbuckers.

Exactly the story with Dinosaur. Green Mind is good. I like it, but the writing of the first 3 indie sounding and released albums built that band. Also.. as much as I love Sonic Youth and find them one of the most inspiring bands in my entire life, I'd never want to do their 'thing'. The dissonance is wonderful and I'm huge on noise, but going for their resonating/vibrating sounds would be too much wearing of influences on my sleeve.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby scannest » Mon May 10, 2021 7:28 am

Is this what happens to punk rock guitarists when they get deeper and deeper into middle age?

The only Fender I've ever considered buying is a '72 Telecaster Deluxe, which has...humbuckers! Well, at least one (depending on the particular model).
I have P90s in my LP Jr. I like the sound, but I will always gravitate towards humbuckers. And I think they sound just fine clean.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby SamDBL » Mon May 10, 2021 8:03 am

There's no 'better' or 'worse'. I think you could make most pickups work for most situations. But single coils sound 100% different than humbuckers. And if you're looking for that strat/tele sound, you will not get it from humbuckers. On a strat, I typically play between the bridge and middle pickup position for rhythm. There is no way in hell I could get that tone from any humbucking guitar.
SamDBL

Postby kel » Mon May 10, 2021 3:28 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:I have NEVER owned a guitar with a 'whammy' bar. I always thought it was very 'un-punk'. There are some metal bands that do it well...Slayer, Exodus, etc.. but its not until recently that I figured it was not a sin.

Whammy... Pretty much a sin tho.

:D

I mean, I can appreciate folks that know how to do neat things with them (EVH and Jimi have my respect on that front). But unless you're playing "Little Wing" or something, I've never seen need to make my guitar go out of tune faster than normal bending-with-fingers and picking hard will do.

That said, I have a Steinberger (the strat bodied model, not the DEVO-esque/Geddy boat oar ones) that has a rock-solid locking tremolo system feature where I can flip a lever, play as a rock-solid "fixed bridge" and then flip it the other way and have divey-squealy fun if I feel like exploring that. The Steinberger tuners are bombproof, 40-1 super accurate, and stay in tune like nothing else I have. People will give you 80's digs for playing one, but I like the M series a lot. Years back Gibson made a Korean all-wood licensed version (Steinberger Spirit GU-7) that is really good guitar for the money with a lot of Steinberger/strat features, just no graphite neck.

Por ejemplo:

https://www.stillkickinmusic.com/produc ... 5496298536
kel

Postby Mark T. » Mon May 10, 2021 5:27 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:So it looks like Sam Ash in Manhattan caries these guitars and there's another dealership called RUDY'S MUSIC (SOHO). I see one guitar on their website that is called CONTENDER 290. From the description and the price, I might give that a try.

My vote is for the Superior Blue.

Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby Mark T. » Mon May 10, 2021 5:37 pm

I'm with Scanny, I really gravitate towards humbuckers, but I l still ike to tinker around at times.

So, most guitars today that are equipped with humbuckers now have the split coil option. I'm sure single coil folks would say they totally suck, but is anybody pulling off a decent sound?
Projeckt Daghouse:
Mark T.

Postby Mark T. » Mon May 10, 2021 5:57 pm

Midge take note
Here's a problem I struggle with. Most often I'm playing les paul style guitars and I play really tight to the bridge, often times resting my hand on the bridge. On most models for Fender, Ibanez, Reverend, PRS, etc. they put that damn volume knob way too close to the bridge pickup for my liking, as I am constantly smacking it. It's a habit that's not gonna change for me, so it limits my purchases, which is probably a good thing (at least from my wife's point of view).
Projeckt Daghouse:
Mark T.

Postby version sound » Mon May 10, 2021 6:17 pm

scannest wrote:Is this what happens to punk rock guitarists when they get deeper and deeper into middle age?

The only Fender I've ever considered buying is a '72 Telecaster Deluxe, which has...humbuckers! Well, at least one (depending on the particular model).
I have P90s in my LP Jr. I like the sound, but I will always gravitate towards humbuckers. And I think they sound just fine clean.

I guess I’ve never been a punk rock guitarist. I don’t use humbuckers, and I’ve never been a downstrokes only guy. I have never tried to achieve a “chunky” tone. The Hendrix influence was huge to me when I first started playing. So was Ginn, but that was more about playing atonal random note “solos.” There are certainly players I love who are best known for humbuckers (e.g., most dudes playing punk in the ‘80s), but that’s never been my sound.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby SamDBL » Mon May 10, 2021 6:35 pm

The split humbucker thing is a compromise. It'll get you there, to some degree. But it's not the same. For one thing, it'll have a more nasally tone. Also, there is usually a volume drop. All of this just really depends on what you want to sound like. If every guitar player you admire and want to emulate plays humbuckers, then get humbuckers. Same goes for p90's and strat pickups. Out of all the years I have been playing on stages with other bands of the genre, the humbucker/high gain mesa thing just totally wore out it's welcome with my ears. On top of that, I got way more into playing more complex chord voicings and chord fragments rather than straight power chords and first position open chords. It took a long while for me to get away from the crutch of having a heavier, fatter, less noisy tone. But once I started getting more into players like Andy Summers, Brian Setzer, SRV and Eric Johnson I took the plunge and never looked back. Single coil just works better for me for my core sound. I have so many friends that can't fathom why anyone would play a non-humbucking guitar. Fair enough. I like to mix it up. It's just that I find the tones from single coils and P90's more unique and inspiring. Especially in a punk/hard rock type setting. It just stands out more and leads to more interesting outcomes. If a strat pickup is too drastic, I'd recommend a P90. Those are still my all-time favorite. And I think they easily work for everything from doom metal to classic punk and hard rock.

The same goes for trems. I used to be staunchly against them. But now I'm totally down. Not necessarily the floating, floyd type (though that might change). But bigsbys and traditional strat... fuck yeah.

Mark: You can totally change any habit. I have done this with so many stupid little quirks over the years. Like most punker types, I would grip as hard as humanly possible with my fretting hand and flail away madly with my picking hand until my pickguard was covered in blood spatter. For some reason, I thought that demonstrated that I was 'totally into it'. Really it just meant I was a dumbass. I play waaaaay lighter, now. Vibrato is also a thing I've been working on, endlessly. Getting it nice and deliberate and even. It just takes dedicating practice time. Not fun, for sure.
SamDBL

Postby SamDBL » Mon May 10, 2021 6:39 pm

Side note: My former fear of single coils led me to pass on one of the coolest guitars, ever. On a warped tour in the 90's, Sergie from Samiam was selling an LP Jr for very cheap. It was white, but had aged to yellowish. It had previously been owned by Brian Baker and Guy P. I had never played a p90, and was warned it was lower gain than a humbucker. I tried it out for one song at the beginning of a set and just couldn't hang. The fact that there was less distortion to hide behind scared me to death. So I passed on it. Our roadie bought it. He still has it to this day, as far as I know. I contact him about once every two years to see if he'll sell. No dice. And he doesn't even fuckin play. I just know it's going to end up in a pawn shop one of these days. Fuck.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon May 10, 2021 6:51 pm

I just want to do something different this time. I’ve played a few Strat copies within the past few years and the action was pretty great and the single coil worked nice with a pedal. I’ve had Gibsons all my life and who knows, if my contract job sustains, I’ll perhaps buy a 2nd guitar later.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon May 10, 2021 7:04 pm

Mark T. wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:So it looks like Sam Ash in Manhattan caries these guitars and there's another dealership called RUDY'S MUSIC (SOHO). I see one guitar on their website that is called CONTENDER 290. From the description and the price, I might give that a try.

My vote is for the Superior Blue.

Black is the new black, Mark. 8-)
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon May 10, 2021 7:08 pm

SamDBL wrote:Side note: My former fear of single coils led me to pass on one of the coolest guitars, ever. On a warped tour in the 90's, Sergie from Samiam was selling an LP Jr for very cheap. It was white, but had aged to yellowish. It had previously been owned by Brian Baker and Guy P. I had never played a p90, and was warned it was lower gain than a humbucker. I tried it out for one song at the beginning of a set and just couldn't hang. The fact that there was less distortion to hide behind scared me to death. So I passed on it. Our roadie bought it. He still has it to this day, as far as I know. I contact him about once every two years to see if he'll sell. No dice. And he doesn't even fuckin play. I just know it's going to end up in a pawn shop one of these days. Fuck.

I owned a LP Jr for years. Wood colored. I sold it for $300 to Gary (Kill your Idols/Sheer Terror/Serpico/Black Anvil). The guitar was called “The Paul”. I know it made Gary immensely happy. He will tweak a guitar and amp until the cows come home.and he’s a masterful player as well. Great dude.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Tue May 11, 2021 12:30 am

version sound wrote:Japanese Strats are a good option. Much cheaper than US models, but very well made, generally. The made in Mexico models (with all American parts) are also supposed to be pretty good. American made Fenders are expensive AF these days, at least to me, but in my prime guitar buying days, you could still easily get a vintage refin JM for under $1000. Unfortunately, those days are long gone.

Hey duders, I just found a Mexican Strat used for $500 in Brooklyn. And it was via Facebook. It’s an ugly yellow but I may check it this weekend. We’ll see
xxxMidgexxx

Postby Marc M » Tue May 11, 2021 12:51 am

I've played Gibson my whole life, but just inherited a cheap Telecaster. Will experiment this weekend...
Marc M

Postby scannest » Tue May 11, 2021 7:10 am

Ugly headstock. I've got very particular tastes in guitars. I would never play anything I considered ugly, no matter great I thought it sounded. At least not in public.
For my money, the most beautiful guitars are Les Pauls, but they must have binding (Jr's with no binding are fine). Next are Teles (I prefer '70s models with the big headstocks and humbuckers), expect sunburst finish (which only belongs on LPs). Then Mustangs, followed by Jaguars (without wigglesticks), those Gretsch GS129T's that come in sparkle finish (Bigspy tailpieces okay on these), then those Shecter PT models that Townshend played from '79 to 82. Only cool semi-hollow body for rock'n'roll is a Gibson ES 335.
That's all I got.
scannest

Postby kel » Tue May 11, 2021 10:17 pm

scannest wrote:Ugly headstock.... I would never play anything I considered ugly, no matter great I thought it sounded. At least not in public.
For my money, the most beautiful guitars are Les Pauls, but they must have binding...

Truth.

Binding, even though it rubs on the inside of my forearm and leaves welts, is a must because it looks good. Both my aforementioned Steinberger and my main guitar (a 1970 Guild Bluesbird that was their answer to the Les Paul, and I like it better than most LPs) have that hard edge.

And that abomination with the strat headstock on a less-cool looking Charvel Surfcaster with extra extra cuts in the headstock is ick.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but...

kel

Postby SamDBL » Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 am

I think it looks rad.
SamDBL

Postby jaybird » Wed May 12, 2021 7:20 am

Haters Gonna Hate.

jaybird

Postby scannest » Wed May 12, 2021 7:21 am

kel wrote:Binding, even though it rubs on the inside of my forearm and leaves welts, is a must because it looks good.

Innerestin'....I have been playing a LP Custom since 1987 and have never had an issue with the binding rubbing/cutting against me.
Here's a photo of me and my baby from last August. The way the white biding has changed into a creamy yellow...I think it's beautiful.

scannest

Postby SamDBL » Wed May 12, 2021 8:19 am

I do actually agree that arched top lps must have binding. I hate the look of studios because of this.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed May 12, 2021 8:49 am

I have to agree that I would never play/own an awful looking guitar.

I immediately think of the reaction Nigel had in Spinal Tap when explaining to his manager that holding a folded sandwich (with finger bread) is ugly and he would never 'want to be seen holding that'.

I have standards. And I don't care how great guitar sounds.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Mon May 24, 2021 7:43 pm

whatcha buy
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Mon May 24, 2021 9:10 pm

lewdd wrote:whatcha buy

You seem to be stalking me as of the past....20 years.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby lewdd » Wed May 26, 2021 4:39 am

I found a great guitar deal for you.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3Q1ATX?re ... 19e567b_NA
lewdd

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed May 26, 2021 10:53 am

lewdd wrote:I found a great guitar deal for you.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3Q1ATX?re ... 19e567b_NA

Nah. Too amateur for this admittedly, 'professional' rocker.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby version sound » Wed May 26, 2021 12:43 pm

Here you go:

“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Next

Return to daghouse