Danzig don't Woke.

Danzig don't Woke.

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:11 pm

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/glenn-danzig-interview-death-rider-vampire-movie-misfits-1157218/

:lol:

And he probably should have checked out the film 'Near Dark' which covered his Vampire western topic ages ago. Oh well, there's more Misfits shows in the pipeline prolly.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Danzig don't Woke.

Postby SamDBL » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:11 pm

I saw that, too. I am so torn on his movie stuff and comics. I am so totally on the same page with him on so much pop culture. And I appreciate his efforts to bring that stuff into the fold. But god damn. The dialog and writing is so laughably bad in all of it. I kinda feel the same way about Rob zombie, I like where he is coming from. But I don’t like any of his movies. At all.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:39 pm

I might have an opinion on pop culture if I actually gave a shit about it. Dreadful then, dreadful now. Glennzig is on record many times and most notably in Rolling Stone interviews stating that he started the Misfits because he hated pop-rock music. So I find it funny that he has an opinion on where pop culture is now. As if it would have gotten better through the decades. :roll:
xxxMidgexxx

Postby SamDBL » Sat May 01, 2021 9:01 am

Oh when I say pop culture, I’m talking about horror movies and comic books. That’s what I relate to him with.
SamDBL

Postby patient_ot » Mon May 03, 2021 1:01 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:I might have an opinion on pop culture if I actually gave a shit about it. Dreadful then, dreadful now. Glennzig is on record many times and most notably in Rolling Stone interviews stating that he started the Misfits because he hated pop-rock music. So I find it funny that he has an opinion on where pop culture is now. As if it would have gotten better through the decades. :roll:

Kinda ironic that his entire shtick was based on certain aspects of pop culture that took place before his glory days. Old horror movies, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, The Doors/Jim Morrison, etc. Who does he think he's kidding?
patient_ot

Return to daghouse