Back to the west...now a resident of AZ

Back to the west...now a resident of AZ

Postby johnnotkathi » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:13 pm

Just checking in with everyone...finished the move to AZ (Carefree - just north of Scottsdale) and so far pretty awesome!! Hope everyone is well.....

Any big disputes out there...masks.....shots?
johnnotkathi

Re: Back to the west...now a resident of AZ

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:56 pm

REALLY?
Any good bars/restaurants where you're at?

Need I ask?
xxxMidgexxx

Postby kel » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:53 pm

I've had a lot of good times in PHX / Scottsdale. Fun town.

Just down the street a piece, kinda near the Phoenix fairgrounds... looks super shady, it's not a "pizza" place, it's in a dumpy strip, but it's a legit wood-fired Italian cafe... https://pizzametroaz.com/
Every time I'm down there, I seem to find the comforts of their penne a la vodka. It's legit. Smells amazing when you walk in the place.

Closer to Scottsdale, http://www.prepandpastry.com/locations/scottsdale/ has some of the best brioche french toast CONUS.

I flew down to Tucson a few weeks ago, but haven't made it up to Scottsdale for a year or so. Guess I'm due! I've been getting some hiking in this past month before it gets hot (Joshua Tree National Park, CA... Valley of Fire outside of Vegas, some Utah, Hawaii, Tucson, etc.) and it's been awesome seeing some nature without all the people-crowds and before the heat really turns on in the southwest. I might have missed the 'too hot' window tho. PHX is gonna be its usual a cauldron of hell in about three weeks. :)
kel

Postby johnnotkathi » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:10 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:REALLY?
Any good bars/restaurants where you're at?

Need I ask?

Tons - should I send you some pictures?
johnnotkathi

Postby johnnotkathi » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:16 pm

kel wrote:I've had a lot of good times in PHX / Scottsdale. Fun town.

Just down the street a piece, kinda near the Phoenix fairgrounds... looks super shady, it's not a "pizza" place, it's in a dumpy strip, but it's a legit wood-fired Italian cafe... https://pizzametroaz.com/
Every time I'm down there, I seem to find the comforts of their penne a la vodka. It's legit. Smells amazing when you walk in the place.

Closer to Scottsdale, http://www.prepandpastry.com/locations/scottsdale/ has some of the best brioche french toast CONUS.

I flew down to Tucson a few weeks ago, but haven't made it up to Scottsdale for a year or so. Guess I'm due! I've been getting some hiking in this past month before it gets hot (Joshua Tree National Park, CA... Valley of Fire outside of Vegas, some Utah, Hawaii, Tucson, etc.) and it's been awesome seeing some nature without all the people-crowds and before the heat really turns on in the southwest. I might have missed the 'too hot' window tho. PHX is gonna be its usual a cauldron of hell in about three weeks. :)

Thanks for the info!! We have been here a few months now and done a lot of exploring, mostly mid/north Scottsdale and north from there......love the area....hope the pool/ac help us survive the "cauldron of hell"......will keep you posted.....
johnnotkathi

Postby Mark T. » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:31 pm

Hey JNK, good to hear from you. Good luck in AZ. Make sure to check out Sedona when you get a chance.
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby johnnotkathi » Sun May 02, 2021 8:33 am

Mark - we went there about a month ago - its crazy beautiful. Bad part, at least when we were there the traffic was so fucking bad it took out some of the fun....place was slammed. Definitely will go back though....
johnnotkathi

Postby lewdd » Sun May 02, 2021 12:17 pm

Why did you move back West if you don't mind me asking? Are you still doing insurance?
lewdd

Postby JGJR » Sun May 02, 2021 1:22 pm

It's nice to see you back on here, John. I hope you're well.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby johnnotkathi » Tue May 11, 2021 9:39 am

lewdd wrote:Why did you move back West if you don't mind me asking? Are you still doing insurance?

Lew, KnJ and I have been interested in moving to the Phoenix area for some time. A job opportunity with my current company came up so I went for it - got it - and they moved us here! Yes, still in Insurance....
johnnotkathi

Postby johnnotkathi » Tue May 11, 2021 9:40 am

JGJR wrote:It's nice to see you back on here, John. I hope you're well.

Good to be back and all is good here......thanks for asking!! You?
johnnotkathi

Return to daghouse