My Bloody Valentine Scoop

Re: My Bloody Valentine Scoop

Postby gregpolard » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:16 pm

patient_ot wrote:Here is the response I received after asking whether more Deluxe LPs would be made available:

We're sorry you weren't able to order what you wanted. We have allocations of stock in different warehouses and the allowance ran out affecting bundles and the ability to order to your address.

A new pressing will be under way soon.. If you’d like more details on the timing, sign up to the mbv mailing list and the band will send an update to you as soon as they have more information about the exact timing.

Kind regards,

Ochre Support

Once again, what a clusterfuck. Is it worth me ordering the deluxe ones I didn't get when they go back onsale? I'm a stickler so it's like...having "Mbv" deluxe but then not the other two will probably bother me :lol:
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Fri May 21, 2021 8:05 pm

Apparently there are two extra tracks on the Domino pressing of EP's 1988–1991. That’s another $26 down the drain...

Also, the deluxe versions are being re-pressed. You can pre-order from MBV or just wait for them. I would imagine there will be less of a “miss it and it’s gone forever” frenzy this time. It’s also been confirmed that the deluxe Loveless is a re-press of the 2018 version. I guess that means my copy’s not worth $500 anymore...
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Tue May 25, 2021 1:43 pm

version sound wrote:Apparently there are two extra tracks on the Domino pressing of EP's 1988–1991. That’s another $26 down the drain...

Also, the deluxe versions are being re-pressed. You can pre-order from MBV or just wait for them. I would imagine there will be less of a “miss it and it’s gone forever” frenzy this time. It’s also been confirmed that the deluxe Loveless is a re-press of the 2018 version. I guess that means my copy’s not worth $500 anymore...

I sure hope so. All of the above is enough to just go OK I'll stick with the '91 CD (I bet later ones are brickwalled to shit, but maybe not and I'd be pleasantly surprised; would have to research), which I don't even own anymore but could probably get very easily. Besides the prices, it is one of my least favorite things about collecting new stuff today.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Tue May 25, 2021 1:54 pm

I'm pretty pissed at this whole debacle

I ordered the initial ones in March. One deluxe mbv and regulars of the other two since they were gone by the time I saw they went up.

It originally said May.

I saw the updated thing so I ordered deluxe of the other two I missed seeing that they'll be sent in October - fine. I figure I can trade / sell the versions I get in May.

Others I know got their records already. I went and looked at my initial order and now it shows that as also being October. and the shirts I ended up grabbing went from being ready in May to July.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Tue May 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Juno has the non-deluxe Loveless in stock:

https://www.juno.co.uk/search/?facet%5Bmirror_artist_facetm%5D%5B%5D=my+bloody+valentine&hide_forthcoming=0

JGJR wrote:
version sound wrote:I sure hope so. All of the above is enough to just go OK I'll stick with the '91 CD (I bet later ones are brickwalled to shit, but maybe not and I'd be pleasantly surprised; would have to research), which I don't even own anymore but could probably get very easily. Besides the prices, it is one of my least favorite things about collecting new stuff today.

Loveless was only remastered once, in 2012 by Kevin. The original Sire CD is still available from Amazon for like $12.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby version sound » Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 pm

Deluxe Isn’t Anything is in stock at Bleep:

https://bleep.com/release/225544-my-bloody-valentine-isnt-anything
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:41 pm

They sent me an email saying that my initial order for May will be here in June.
They offered me 1 free high quality download and 10% off one shirt...
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:27 pm

Any update on your order, Greg? People on the Steve Hoffman forum are praising the new regular (i.e., digital cut) Loveless vinyl, some even over the analog version. They are piquing my interest, but given that I already own the 2018 pressing and FOUR CDs, I’m trying to resist buying it. People are also saying that the new cut of mbv is way better than the 2013, and I’m probably going to actually buy a (non-deluxe) copy of that because I love that record.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:30 pm

version sound wrote:Any update on your order, Greg? People on the Steve Hoffman forum are praising the new regular (i.e., digital cut) Loveless vinyl, some even over the analog version. They are piquing my interest, but given that I already own the 2018 pressing and FOUR CDs, I’m trying to resist buying it. People are also saying that the new cut of mbv is way better than the 2013, and I’m probably going to actually buy a (non-deluxe) copy of that because I love that record.

Funny you mention. The t-shirts came TODAY and look actually awesome (I got the white longsleeve and the red "Loveless" design)

The vinyl arrives tomorrow : Deluxe mbv, regular Loveless & Isn't Anything

Then in October the deluxe IA and Loveless will arrive
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:23 pm

Forgot to report: the vinyl looks GREAT.

The jacket for the deluxe is great. Stoked to get the others in October.
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:23 pm

What all have you received so far?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby version sound » Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Mini Loveless shootout:

2018 AAA vinyl - a very refined presentation - as audiophile as this record is going to get (until we get the 2x12 45rpm version).

2012 remaster from analog tape - not are refined as the vinyl, but a somewhat cleaner approach to this dirty record, though honestly not hugely different from…

1991 Creation CD - this boy is thicc. Much woozier than the 2018 vinyl. All of the effects seem heavier than on the vinyl. Less clarity, for sure, but this record isn’t really about clarity, is it?

Conclusion: they are all good and much better than listening on a streaming service. Is it crazy to say that, if forced to pick, I’d go with the OG CD? Too bad the OG vinyl is still so ridiculously expensive. I should’ve bought a copy when it was still under a hundo.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:10 am

version sound wrote:What all have you received so far?

So far I have:

"mbv" Deluxe
"Isn't Anything" standard
"Loveless" standard

In October I'll receive:

"Isn't Anything" deluxe
"Loveless" deluxe

Which makes me think, for completist sake that at some point I should grab "mbv" standard.
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:09 am

gregpolard wrote:

So far I have:

"mbv" Deluxe
"Loveless" standard

In October I'll receive:

"Isn't Anything" deluxe
"Loveless" deluxe

Which makes me think, for completist sake that at some point I should grab "mbv" standard.

mbv “standard” is exactly the same, except for the tip-on cover. Do you have the 2013 mbv?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:21 am

version sound wrote:
gregpolard wrote:

So far I have:

"mbv" Deluxe
"Loveless" standard

In October I'll receive:

"Isn't Anything" deluxe
"Loveless" deluxe

I don't. I only bought the digital for that one.

So the standard "mbv" doesn't have a different master like the other two?

mbv “standard” is exactly the same, except for the tip-on cover. Do you have the 2013 mbv?
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:40 pm

gregpolard wrote:So the standard "mbv" doesn't have a different master like the other two?

Nope, Both are AAA. I’m not really sure why they did two different versions of the others if they were just going to repress the “deluxe limited” version anyway. Then again, when has MBV ever made any sense?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:58 pm

version sound wrote:
gregpolard wrote:So the standard "mbv" doesn't have a different master like the other two?

Nope, Both are AAA. I’m not really sure why they did two different versions of the others if they were just going to repress the “deluxe limited” version anyway. Then again, when has MBV ever made any sense?

Thank you. You saved me $30+ in the future.
gregpolard

Previous

Return to daghouse