Grammy’s worst viewership

Grammy’s worst viewership

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:35 pm

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/03/15/grammys-2021-ratings-reach-record-low-less-than-half-2020/4708075001/

I don’t remember ever watching this shit show. Even when one of my closest friends won a Grammy for remixer of year in 2000. They didn’t televise those events.

So maybe because mainstream music continues to suck horrendously or people are just sick of awards shows. Does my heart good to see this trend.
xxxMidgexxx

Re: Grammy’s worst viewership

Postby gregpolard » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:21 pm

Also pretty shitty that they nominated Power Trip for best metal and then didn't acknowledge Riley Gale at all when they had the "In Memoriam" part .
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:48 pm

The Award for the Most Pointless Thread on the Dagboard goes to....
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby SamDBL » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Mainstream pop has always sucked. But for me, the takeover of hip hop really takes it to a new low. I really fucking hate that genre, for the most part. There are some stand outs that I can’t write off completely, of course. But they are the exceptions to the rule. I hate the aesthetic, the production, the total lack of requiring any sort of discipline to learn an instrument (besides a computer daw), the look, and not least of all the sound. I just think it fucking sucks. I’ll stop just short of saying it sucks, objectively (which I think an argument could be made for).
So on top of all of this, what I *really* hate is dipshit music critics fawning over this mumbling, pointless garbage and comparing it to Shakespeare, or whatever. They’ve never been more wrong.
So yeah, fuck the grammy’s even more than usual this year.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:54 pm

SamDBL wrote:Mainstream pop has always sucked. But for me, the takeover of hip hop really takes it to a new low. I really fucking hate that genre, for the most part. There are some stand outs that I can’t write off completely, of course. But they are the exceptions to the rule. I hate the aesthetic, the production, the total lack of requiring any sort of discipline to learn an instrument (besides a computer daw), the look, and not least of all the sound. I just think it fucking sucks. I’ll stop just short of saying it sucks, objectively (which I think an argument could be made for).
So on top of all of this, what I *really* hate is dipshit music critics fawning over this mumbling, pointless garbage and comparing it to Shakespeare, or whatever. They’ve never been more wrong.
So yeah, fuck the grammy’s even more than usual this year.

Yup. I'll agree with all of that. VERY VERY rarely does the mainstream get it right.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby gregpolard » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:06 pm

(oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg)
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby jaybird » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:19 pm

gregpolard wrote:(oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg)

jaybird

Postby gregpolard » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:20 pm

jaybird wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gregpolard

Postby SamDBL » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Meh. Kind of a weak cop out on a board filled with stuff that’s still waaayyy more musically abrasive and lyrically ‘boundary pushing’ than Cardi B. She can twerk and grind her pussy on another chick all she wants. Let me know when she starts eating her own diarrhea and physically attacking members of her audience.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:02 pm

SamDBL wrote:

Meh. Kind of a weak cop out on a board filled with stuff that’s still waaayyy more musically abrasive and lyrically ‘boundary pushing’ than Cardi B. She can twerk and grind her pussy on another chick all she wants. Let me know when she starts eating her own diarrhea and physically attacking members of her audience.

A+

I was also thinking that if Cardi B’s pussy gets too intense, we can blog the entire Touch n Go catalog, release by release to evaluate what was in Corey Rusk’s diet at the time of every record.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby gregpolard » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:17 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:
SamDBL wrote:

A+

I was also thinking that if Cardi B’s pussy gets too intense, we can blog the entire Touch n Go catalog, release by release to evaluate what was in Corey Rusk’s diet at the time of every record.

Better be vegan
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:15 am

gregpolard wrote:
xxxMidgexxx wrote:
SamDBL wrote:

A+

Better be vegan

lewdd's BBQ, which is why there's none left over for Midge
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse